someone else
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 65

pilight

PostPosted: 07/16/18 6:28 am    ::: MVP Reply Reply with quote

Monday Poll time!

PostPosted: 07/17/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes Liz had an outstanding game today and made history..but let's not forget that Stewie is playing like the best player in the world and her team is also benefiting from it. MVP is the body of work..and yes I did mention A'ja early on in the discussion..what she's done for the Aces is outstanding considering they are in almost every game this season and have a realistic shot at the playoffs. But Liz definitely moved up the rankings!!

toad455

PostPosted: 07/17/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's now a legit two person race between Stewart and Cambage, but Parker is sneaking up behind.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewie has to keep up the pace this 2nd half because Liz has closed the Gap.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Yes Liz had an outstanding game today and made history..but let's not forget that Stewie is playing like the best player in the world and her team is also benefiting from it.

I remember the Dallas GM called Cambage the best player in the world, and a few found that objectionable.

SDHoops wrote:
MVP is the body of work.

Consistency is the key. The "Riquna Williams for MVP" campaign only lasted about 2 days.

SDHoops wrote:
and yes I did mention A'ja early on in the discussion..what she's done for the Aces is outstanding considering they are in almost every game this season and have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

I'll be pushing for Wilson if the Aces make it to .500 (a non-homer evaluation)

SDHoops wrote:
But Liz definitely moved up the rankings!!

Up to 5th place in this poll!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It's now a legit two person race between Stewart and Cambage, but Parker is sneaking up behind.

I know you've been pumping her tires all season but nothing's changed. It's still Stewart vs the field.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Seattle drops out of first then this award goes to Liz no question . Exciting to see if seattle can keep up the pace . Im a homer but if seattle can manage to stay in first playing their last 10 of 12 on the road then Stewie deserves it no argument here. Will that happen ? Im having a hard time buying in . I will buy into liz being unstoppable the rest of the season .

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now it's like

Stewie

Cambage

EDD

Griner/Taurasi

Parker

Diggins-Smith

Moore/Fowles

Wilson

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
If Seattle drops out of first then this award goes to Liz no question . Exciting to see if seattle can keep up the pace . Im a homer but if seattle can manage to stay in first playing their last 10 of 12 on the road then Stewie deserves it no argument here. Will that happen ? Im having a hard time buying in . I will buy into liz being unstoppable the rest of the season .

Do you remember when Seattle was supposed to be a lottery team?

You don't think 2nd/3rd place Seattle would be comparable to 4th/5th place Dallas if it shook out that way? (In terms of an MVP race for the best player on each team.)

Sparksfan

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right now the MVP race stands like this

Stewart
Cambage
Parker

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

You don't think 2nd/3rd place Seattle would be comparable to 4th/5th place Dallas if it shook out that way? (In terms of an MVP race for the best player on each team.)

If seattle falls to 2nd or 3rd and Liz keeps this pace up . No , i dont see it that way .

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If seattle falls to 2nd or 3rd and Liz keeps this pace up . No , i dont see it that way .

Keep the pace of getting ejected every other game? Twisted Evil

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

They're pretty much in a statistical dead heat ATM.

If Stewart ends with say 23ppg and 9 rpg and Cambage ends with say 22 ppg and 10 rpg and Seattle is in 2nd and Dallas is in 4th IDK?

Now if Cambage gets above Stewart in PPG OK but if they split those two stats and fall about even in blocks team success might be the voters tipping point.

Especially when you consider Dallas with Cambage was considered a top 4 or 5 team and Seattle was rated 6th or lower by media (and this board alike).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If Stewart ends with say 23ppg and 9 rpg and Cambage ends with say 22 ppg and 10 rpg and Seattle is in 2nd and Dallas is in 4th IDK?

Now if Cambage gets above Stewart in PPG OK but if they split those two stats and fall about even in blocks team success might be the voters tipping point.

Especially when you consider Dallas with Cambage was considered a top 4 or 5 team and Seattle was rated 6th or lower by media (and this board alike).

If that happens then yes Stewie deserves to win the award , but if Stewie finishes at 23 PPG 9 rebs and Cambage ends at 24 PPG 10 rebs . Seattle 2nd Dallas 4th . Id give it to Liz , her individual performances have been miraculous . Today's 53 pt effort will help that as well if this scenario were to play out .

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If that happens then yes Stewie deserves to win the award , but if Stewie finishes at 23 PPG 9 rebs and Cambage ends at 24 PPG 10 rebs . Seattle 2nd Dallas 4th . Id give it to Liz , her individual performances have been miraculous . Today's 53 pt effort will help that as well if this scenario were to play out .

I agree, and if this is the beginning of Camabge going into another gear and she ends with like 25 and 12 yeah Liz wins.

My only caution would be that NY's post rotation is well, I'm not shocked she broke 50 being guarded by Vaughn, a hobbled Stokes, and Zahui B.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Im a homer.

You don't say. Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im a homer.

You don't say. Laughing

Cool Cool Cool Cool #WingsFanForLife #WigsFreeFallLater

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im a homer.

You don't say. Laughing

Just left the squad when things got going tough. Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

My only caution would be that NY's post rotation is well, I'm not shocked she broke 50 being guarded by Vaughn, a hobbled Stokes, and Zahui B.

Well, that's the problem. Nobody can single cover Cambage or any other prominent center. Should have been a better team effort on defense.

If a player breaks the WNBA scoring record against a team, I'd be embarrassed to be that team's coach.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im a homer.

You don't say. Laughing

Just left the squad when things got going tough. Rolling Eyes

Nooooo the SQUAD was forever , until EDD and sylvia wanted out then we got a team here in dallas Laughing Laughing #SQUADD4Lifeee

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

People had Seattle as a lottery team, but they aren't, because Boucek tricked us into thinking Stewart isn't MVP-frontrunner material, KML is useless, etc, and they added for the low price of nothing, one of the top players in the WNBA in Natasha Howard, who Reeve tricked people into thinking is just a mediocre bench player. So in retrospect it makes sense Seattle is a top team. So I suppose Hughes should get COY for not holding the team/players back like other coaches have? The problem I have is giving every award to the same team, unless there is good reason to (because how much of the players' success is due to the COY?), but Stewart is clearly the top player on the Storm, while being statistically the top player in the league, while going back to the Wings & MVP, hasn't Diggins-Smith been just as important, or more important, to the Wings success this year (coming into today) as Cambage? So that can yield for a split, like Taurasi & Griner?

I have right now:
1. Stewart
2. Taurasi
3. Diggins-Smith
4. Cambage
5. Griner (EDD if not for the missed games)

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 07/17/18 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me its still:

1. Stewie

Everybody else.

Yes im a big fan of Cambage (have been from the start) but i must say that Diggins is very very important for the Wings aswell. 19,5 pts and 6,5 assists on a career high 43% from the field. Those numbers are pretty good.
They will be splitting a lot of MVP votes between them. Just like Taurasi and Griner.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/17/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
To me its still:

1. Stewie

Everybody else.

Yes im a big fan of Cambage (have been from the start) but i must say that Diggins is very very important for the Wings aswell. 19,5 pts and 6,5 assists on a career high 43% from the field. Those numbers are pretty good.
They will be splitting a lot of MVP votes between them. Just like Taurasi and Griner.

For me there have been several players in that "everyone else" list that have been difficult to separate (including Skylar), so a performance like that elevates Liz to the top of that pile for now.
There are still some games left this season and the votes often tend to be biased towards late-season performances, so it's not in the bank for Stewie just yet.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both Diggins and Cambage are, IMO, equally important to the Wings. Without either one I feel the Wings would be a .500 team. Cambage just dominates and has been a problem defensively. Diggins has had a few games not looking MVP-like.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/17/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins and Cambage are definitely very important, but the presence of Cambage alone on the court makes her a bit more valuable, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: