Mercury šŸ’Æ
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Fever šŸ¤’
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Shades

PostPosted: 07/14/18 4:33 pm    ::: Mercury @ Fever - 7/15/18 Reply Reply with quote

Indianapolis, IN - 5:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV, WNDY, FSAZ+

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180715/PHOIND

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018910

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/14/18 5:24 pm    ::: Re: Mercury @ Fever - 7/15/18 Reply Reply with quote

Merc need to get it together. Fever followed by Aces is a good way to get back in the swing of things.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@Mercfan3
I dont know Aces are playing good

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 07/15/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is PHX still allowed to go 10-deep (active roster)? How long is that allowed to continue?

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 07/15/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
Is PHX still allowed to go 10-deep (active roster)? How long is that allowed to continue?

Brondello was quoted right after Sancho's injury as saying the Mercury could not sign anyone until the end of July. So I would not be surprised to see them sign someone down the stretch but I think they can stay where they are indefinitely (someone correct me if I am wrong). Changes are disruptive to this team so I if they are going to add someone I would rather see it ASAP so they have some recovery time going into the playoffs.

I agree that the Ace's game may prove to be challenging. Not only are they playing better, it is the 1st home game after a mentally exhausting road trip. IMO, those games are often the most difficult to be mentally prepared for. There is a tendency to relax the mental focus because you are in the comforts of home.

I just hope they don't look past this game today.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 07/15/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury you really donā€™t need to keep your starters in. Maybe that is your problem you are running your older players into the ground.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While the Fever are talent deficient, at least that group plays for 40 minutes unlike a team in Chicago. Rolling Eyes

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Little gives us nothing. 30 minutes and one rebound from our PF. Against Indiana...her opposing player scores 25..against good teams, her lack of anything positive is gonna put the Merc in a hole. (Especially because the other good teams have outstanding PFs..with Stewart, Della Donne, and Parker.) we need someone who can at least supply some defense and rebounding.

Please have a PF rotation of Robinson/Bonner..come on Sandy..this is as obvious as not taking DT and Brit out at the same time.....

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:

The Sparks only had nine for a while

PostPosted: 07/16/18 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Little gives us nothing. 30 minutes and one rebound from our PF. Against Indiana...her opposing player scores 25..against good teams, her lack of anything positive is gonna put the Merc in a hole. (Especially because the other good teams have outstanding PFs..with Stewart, Della Donne, and Parker.) we need someone who can at least supply some defense and rebounding.

Please have a PF rotation of Robinson/Bonner..come on Sandy..this is as obvious as not taking DT and Brit out at the same time.....

I agree. Something has to give. She's not worth it at this point. I also feel that Robinson has been playing well for us. She comes in and rebs and as of late has been hitting shots. I am fine with her getting more of those minutes.

Our next 3 games before the break are Vegas, Minny, and Chicago. In my opinion they are must wins to keep separation from 3-6 (potentially even 7 through eight) (maybe I'm being dramatic).

PostPosted: 07/16/18 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a 20-point loss, Dupree and Pondexter play 66 minutes while K.Mitchell and Vivians play 36.

PostPosted: 07/16/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
In a 20-point loss, Dupree and Pondexter play 66 minutes while K.Mitchell and Vivians play 36.

If that is Pokey's plan, she has to go and she has to go now.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/16/18 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie's playing herself into a trade asset Laughing

Dupree & Cappie for Gulich,Robinson and the Mercury's 2019 1st pk

Phoenix has enough cap space to cover Dupree/Cappie's salary for the rest of the season.

G-January
G-Taurasi
C-Griner
F-Dupree
F-Bonner
6-Pondexter
7-Mitchell
8-Little

Laughing Laughing Laughing

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/16/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ClayK wrote:

If that is Pokey's plan, she has to go and she has to go now.

Pondexter & Dupree scored 40 points while shooting 17-35 FGs.

Let me ask this question, if Mitchell continues to have 3-17 shooting nights while playing 30 MPG, is that really helping her development? Is Mitchell only playing 14 minutes at the end of the season stunting her development? For this season, I think Mitchell is what she is, a low percentage shooter with an average passing IQ.

But I agree with Pumatty, if Pokey continues this next season then she should definitely be gone..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: