RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA odds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 11

Connecticut 8.5 New York 164.5
Washington 8 Atlanta 162.5
Minnesota 11 @Indiana 158

Too late for the 1st 2 games, so, despite not being a true believer, I'll dip my toe into the Lynx are a crap double-digit road favorite pool.

Indy +11

Of course. Biggest road MOV of year for Lynx probably. Rolling Eyes

0-1, 23-24-1

PostPosted: 07/12/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 12

Los Angeles 6.5 Dallas 163.5

I don't like day games. This looks like a nice spot for LA to get out of their funk and also to play their style (slower, lower scoring), but I will pass on the game.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/13/18 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just finished watching the Isner-Anderson semifinal. For the first time that I remember both semis were essential pick'em (Nadal and Isner were the slightest of favorites, both less than 6/5. Congratulations to Kevin Anderson.

Okay, I know this is supposed to be about WNBA odds, but seriously, based on my current form do you really think I want to go there? Well, maybe Friday the 13th can change my fortune.

July 13

Atlanta 10 Indiana 157.5
Connecticut 4.5 Phoenix 168.5
Washington 10 Chicago 173.5
Minnesota 9.5 Las Vegas 163.5

This marks the fourth game between these two teams this season. Atlanta won the first game 72-67 at home and then lost round 2, 96-64 in Indiana two nights later. The Dream won the third game 87-83 away. Atlanta is a bad favorite, only 2-5 this season, and they have only been favored by 5 or more once, the last time they were home against the Fever. I like the points and I will also take the over.

Connecticut got Alyssa Thomas back but still couldn't beat New York in its last game. Phoenix lost to Dallas its last game out, in large part due to Diana Taurasi being sick. Since I don't know her status for today I will pass.

Washington has lost its last 2 after briefly ascending into position for a double bye. This looks like a game for them to get healthy. The Mystics have already beaten the Sky by 28 at home and 16 on the road. I look for another easy win so I will lay the points. I also will take the under. The Sky have gone under the last 3 games and Washington has gone over in its last two. The line is 173.5 after being 169 and 168 the first two games. Those games ended at 148 and 170, so while the teams are 1-1 for the over/under both are under today's line. That line adjustment seems a little too much.

Minnesota is not the team they have been in previous year but I still believe they are the best team when they play at their best. The Aces are improved and I expect them to play well but the line keeps me on the sidelines. I will also pass on the total, but gun tu head I would lean to the under.

Once I win another game I will recount my record.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/14/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bastille Day - Viva La France (but I'll be rooting for Croatia tomorrow)

Seattle 5.5 Dallas 174.5

The Wings are the hottest team in the league, having won their last 5 games by an average score of 98-77. Seattle lost a tough game to LA in its last outing, blowing a double digit lead in the 4th quarter. After this game the Storm will be on the road for 9 of their next 10 games. The teams have played twice in Dallas and split. I like the spot for Seattle but I can't go against the current form of the Wings. Pass

Yesterday I was able to reverse fortune by going 3-1. That brings my season total to 52-47-1 (52.5%) just barely above the breakeven point of (52.38%).

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/15/18 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 15

New York 4.5 Chicago 165
Washington 1 @Atlanta 165.5
Phoenix 9 @Indiana 163.5
Los Angeles 4.5 @Las Vegas 160.5
Connecticut NL Minnesota

My picks for today are Anderson +400 over Djokovic and Croatia +180 to win the World Cup. As for the WNBA when I get the Sun-Lynx line I will post my picks.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/15/18 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 15

New York 4.5 Chicago 165
Washington 1.5 @Atlanta 168
Phoenix 8.5 @Indiana 163.5
Los Angeles 4 @Las Vegas 161.5
Minnesota 4.5 Connecticut 163.5

The Liberty have won 6 games this season, none by more than 7 points. The Liberty and Sky have played three times this season and no game has been decided by more than 4 points. Clay called me brave for picking the Liberty against the Sky. Once bitten, twice shy. I'll take the Sky. The total is very interesting. When these two teams played back to back games two weeks ago they scored 202 and 191 points. Since then New York has played 3 of 4 games under and the Sky have 4 consecutive unders. So it is under trends vs. matchups. I lean to the over, but I will resist making it a play.

Washington lost to Atlanta at home earlier this week. I still believe the Mystics are the better team, so with the revenge agle I will take the Mystics. The total jumped up 2.5 points from when I first posted the lines so I mo longer see any value in the over.

Phoenix is finishing up a 4 game road trip. They are 0-3 so far. I can't see the Mercury losing again, but based on their form I can't lay the points. Pass.

I saw LA play in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago and the Aces were the better team that night. Then again, the Sparks were without Ogwumike. The Aces have won their last 4 and the Sparks have lost 3 of 4 so I'm leaning Las Vegas, but Nicolas Cage makes me uncomfortable so I will pass.

The Lynx and the Sun are both struggling. Alyssa Thomas is back but not at top form. I'll take Minnesota to bounce back from their ugly loss to Las Vegas and lay the points.

A note on last night's game. The technical foul call (and ensuing FT) in the last 90 seconds was the difference in allowing the game to go over and have Seattle cover the opening line. I didn't have a bet on the game, but it is a shame that such a bad (and totally unnecessary) call was made.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/15/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 15

New York 4.5 Chicago 165
Washington 1.5 @Atlanta 168
Phoenix 8.5 @Indiana 163.5
Los Angeles 4 @Las Vegas 161.5
Minnesota 4.5 Connecticut 163.5

Screw it.

All 5 Overs.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2:00 left in the 2nd in ATL, I concede, cuz Tolliver just clanked both FTs.

2:00 into the 4th in Minn, I concede. Lynx have no desire to play.

3-2 on the day, back at .500.

24-24-1

Last edited by cthskzfn on 07/18/18 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/15/18 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
2:00 left in the 2nd in ATL, I concede, cuz Tolliver just clanked both FTs.

We Both need a 3 by the Stics

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/17/18 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 17

DALLAS 8 NYL 171.5

CT 7.5 ATL 169

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Huskies fan for listing the odds earlier. I say with all sincerity that after yesterday's performance by Trump and his absurd walk back today the last thing on my mind was WNBA odds. I am truly concerned for the fate of our country and the possibility of a new corrupt axis between Trump and Putin that divvies up the world. Watching some Republicans come out to give a tepid rebuke is just sad. I realize they have their own agenda and so McConnell sees his number one objective is getting lifetime judge appointments through this year and his number two objective is to try to hold on to the Senate for 2 more years. But that means nothing if we wind up with the same kind of cleptocracy as Russia where the rule of law is merely to attack dissidents and protect power.

So today's line is when Trump's presidency will end.

2018 15/1
2019 4/1
2020 6/1
2021 or later 2/5

I will take 2019, and go so far as to predict that he has just 401 days left (August 23). And while I won't have any money on it I consider this the most important bet of my life.

Back to the WNBA tomorrow.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Thanks Huskies fan for listing the odds earlier. I say with all sincerity that after yesterday's performance by Trump and his absurd walk back today the last thing on my mind was WNBA odds. I am truly concerned for the fate of our country and the possibility of a new corrupt axis between Trump and Putin that divvies up the world. Watching some Republicans come out to give a tepid rebuke is just sad. I realize they have their own agenda and so McConnell sees his number one objective is getting lifetime judge appointments through this year and his number two objective is to try to hold on to the Senate for 2 more years. But that means nothing if we wind up with the same kind of cleptocracy as Russia where the rule of law is merely to attack dissidents and protect power.

2018 15/1
2019 4/1
2020 6/1
2021 or later 2/5

I will take 2019, and go so far as to predict that he has just 401 days left (August 23). And while I won't have any money on it I consider this the most important bet of my life.

If Americans didn't want America to be united with Putin & Russia, then they shouldn't have voted for Trump, but America decided that a potential puppet of Vladmir Putin was the most qualified person to run the United States, over Hilary Clinton, or any of the third-party candidates.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/17/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

2018 15/1
2019 4/1
2020 6/1
2021 or later 2/5

If Americans didn't want America to be united with Putin & Russia, then they shouldn't have voted for Trump, but America decided that a potential puppet of Vladmir Putin was the most qualified person to run the United States, over Hilary Clinton, or any of the third-party candidates.

I don't disagree (and the double negative is intentional.) But just because the country made a terrible mistake Trump still has to faithfully perform his duties in the best interests of this country. I believe that as we learn more it will become clear that Trump is working for his own interests. not the country's. If this were a matter of different policy I'd just say the Democrats need to get their act together and win the next election. If Trump leaves office then Mike Pence will be president and that is not a great outcome. But for all my disagreements with him on seemingly every issue, I believe that he wants this country to grow and prosper, and he will do what he believes is in the best interests of the country. After 18 months of Trump I am quite sure that is not what drives Trump.

I know I started this rant here but this discussion belongs in Area 51 so I will copy this post to a new thread on that board, and I would hope that subsequent commentary would continue there.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/18/18 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 18

Seattle 9.5 @Chicago 172
Minnesota 14.5 Indiana 157

I hate day games. Two big spreads this morning and I will take both. Chicago has had a way of getting blown out, 11 of their 15 losses have been by more than 10. But they are a better at home (5-6) than on the road (2-9), and they played okay at Seattle, losing by only 4 and 11. Both games went well over the total (95-91 and 96-85) but because this is a day game I'll stay away from the total. As for the Fever I just reflexively go against the Lynx in this spot. I am a little concerned that this is no longer an elite team and as a result they may need to bolster their ego by winning big instead of just winning and saving better play for better opponents. I also lean the under, but with a total under 160 I won't make it a play. These two teams are playing for the third time in July, having scored 130 and 152 points in the first two.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/18/18 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 18

Seattle 9.5 @Chicago 172

I hate day games as well.

I'm riding the Storm out Rolling Eyes and going Over.

I know I can't win w/ Minn. When I take them as double-digit fav, they fail to cover. When I take the dog, the Lynx win by 20+.

Indy won in Minn by 12, then lost at home by 22. There's only one thing to do here- pass.

Seattle -9.5/172 Over

PostPosted: 07/18/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
July 18

Seattle 9.5 @Chicago 172

I hate day games as well.

I'm riding the Storm out Rolling Eyes and going Over.

I know I can't win w/ Minn. When I take them as double-digit fav, they fail to cover. When I take the dog, the Lynx win by 20+.

Indy won in Minn by 12, then lost at home by 22. There's only one thing to do here- pass.

Seattle -9.5/172 Over

2-0. 26-24-1. [21-8]

PostPosted: 07/19/18 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 19

Atlanta 7 New York 161
Dallas 5 Washington 176.5
Phoenix 9.5 Las Vegas 171

I really like today's card. Atlanta is playing as well as anyone now. The Liberty have won 2 of their last 3 but they are not going to be a playoff team. The Liberty also beat the Dream in their first matchup. Atlanta -7.

Dallas is another team that has been playing well, winning 6 of 7, all by double digits. Washington is playing the second of 5 consecutine road games, but since the first game was 4 days ago I suspect that they flew home from Atlanta before making this trip. This is the first matchup of the year for these two teams. I like the Wings. I was surprised that this is the highest total of the season. While Dallas is one of the highest scoring teams of late (they have scored at least 90 points in each of their last 6 wins), I still think this line is too high. I'll take the under.

Phoenix returns home after a 4 game road trip. The Mercury now take up residence at home the last month of the season with only a short two game road swing to LV and LA taking them away from the Valley of the Sun. The Aces are playing better and seem to be the only team outside of the playoffs that has a chance to climb in. I like both of these squads but I suspect that there will be better spots to support them. The total seems high but I will pass on this game.

Given my current form 3 picks is enough to go against I don't want to give away all the results before the games are pklayed.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/19/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 19

Atlanta 7 New York 161

Atl -7
Dallas -5

Hope you don't jinx me, cal! Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
July 19

Atlanta 7 New York 161

Atl -7
Dallas -5

Hope you don't jinx me, cal! Very Happy

2-0, 28-24-1 in the black! [23-8]

PostPosted: 07/20/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 20

Connecticut 2.5 Seattle 175
Dallas 7.5 @Chicago 179
Los Angeles 15.5 Indiana 154.5

Picks will come later.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/20/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 20

Dallas 7.5 @Chicago 179

Hmmm. Seattle getting points is sooo tempting, even when 3000 miles from Key Arena. Meanwhile, the Sun is coming off the stunning loss to Atlanta. Will there be dinner at Geno's? Should be a shootout, could even go OT, so I'll take the over.

Dallas is another hot team, but a road game after a home win will scare me away, even though rightfully it should cover.

I hate LA, hate it more as a big favorite. Indiana bores me, other than VV. Pass due to lack of interest.

175 Over

PostPosted: 07/20/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coming off 5 straight losses which dropped my season record to .500, it was nice to have a good day yesterday. 3-0 gets me back to 55-52-1 for the season.

Today I don't have as good a feeling. reflexively I would like to go under the Chicago total, but those reflexes haven't gone well lately. I will take the Indiana game over as my only play. This is a little dangerous as the Fever have had some awful offensive outings against better defenses, but the Sparks are scoring a little more of late so even 70 from the Fever should be enough.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Less than 7 mins in, i concede. I'll need 2OTs just to have a chance.

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

15-10 after 1. Are you shitting me?!! Lol.

Need 5 OTs....

PostPosted: 07/21/18 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
July 20

Dallas 7.5 @Chicago 179

Hmmm. Seattle getting points is sooo tempting, even when 3000 miles from Key Arena. Meanwhile, the Sun is coming off the stunning loss to Atlanta. Will there be dinner at Geno's? Should be a shootout, could even go OT, so I'll take the over.

Dallas is another hot team, but a road game after a home win will scare me away, even though rightfully it should cover.

I hate LA, hate it more as a big favorite. Indiana bores me, other than VV. Pass due to lack of interest.

175 Over

Rereading my initial thoughts on the games, if I had just followed my instincts, I could've gone 3-1. Instead, I choose the one wrong instinct and go 0-1. Ah, the glory...

28-25-1

Last edited by cthskzfn on 07/22/18 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: