RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hillary was right, again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:30 am    ::: Hillary was right, again Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxUG5YjgF0U

PostPosted: 07/12/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makes me sad to watch that and not see her in the WH.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
sambista

PostPosted: 07/12/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who was it on tv last night who called him a malevolent idiot (i think)? i've been trying to find the perfect term for him. that one comes close.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
who was it on tv last night who called him a malevolent idiot (i think)? i've been trying to find the perfect term for him. that one comes close.

That is a spot-on descriptor. I'm stealing it.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Makes me sad to watch that and not see her in the WH.

If we had her in office and a Dem majority...I think we’re looking at a public option in health care, increased min wage, a young and liberal Supreme Court, legislation to overturn Citizen United, and no baby jail.

Talk about screwing up.

I’ve said for years, history is going to look positively on Clinton, and not so great at our treatment of her.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I moved this post to the "American Idiot" thread.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/12/18 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol. You guys.

PostPosted: 07/13/18 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In 2015 the United States spent 37% of the total world expenditures on the military. We spent approximately what the next 7 highest military-spending countries spent combined. What exactly would be the problem if Trump "broke up NATO"? We'd have to worry about former NATO members attacking us? What Clinton should have been criticizing Trump about was his claims that we needed to "build up our depleted military". The wrong that Trump did was getting Congress to "build up our bloated military".

Howee

PostPosted: 07/13/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
What exactly would be the problem if Trump "broke up NATO"? We'd have to worry about former NATO members attacking us?

There's a smidge of 'cluelessness' there. Just cuz our military budget is so much larger than the others DOESN'T make us invulnerable [See: 9/11] It's more about NATO not helping us in our hour of need.

IFFFF (Goddess forbid, and.....who could imagine it in this climate? Rolling Eyes) Russia should launch an offensive across the Pacific on our western shores, we'd be most desperately in need of the logistical positioning and support of our NATO allies in Europe.

We may have the largest military budget on the planet, but we're also spread more thinly than any other military, too. Allies bolster our strength, not weaken it.

PostPosted: 07/13/18 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More military spending isn't going to help a 9/11 situation.

We spend entirely too much on the military.

PostPosted: 07/13/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Quote:
What exactly would be the problem if Trump "broke up NATO"? We'd have to worry about former NATO members attacking us?

There's a smidge of 'cluelessness' there. Just cuz our military budget is so much larger than the others DOESN'T make us invulnerable [See: 9/11]

But 9/11 wouldn't have been any different if we were out of NATO or if our military was 10 times larger. We gave those 20 guys permission to come here, we allowed box cutters on planes, and we didn't have our planes setup so that the cockpit could not be broken into by passengers. The solution involved airline/airport operation rules and new airplane construction requirements about cockpit doors. I am not aware of the military being involved in any solution.

Quote:
It's more about NATO not helping us in our hour of need.

IFFFF (Goddess forbid, and.....who could imagine it in this climate? Rolling Eyes) Russia should launch an offensive across the Pacific on our western shores, we'd be most desperately in need of the logistical positioning and support of our NATO allies in Europe.

We may have the largest military budget on the planet, but we're also spread more thinly than any other military, too. Allies bolster our strength, not weaken it.

But my point was, without NATO, or without the USA as part of NATO, Europe should still be our ally. Particularly the UK and its relationship with the USA in places like Menwith Hill.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/13/18 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
But 9/11 wouldn't have been any different if we were out of NATO or if our military was 10 times larger.

Correct. Hence, my point: even WITH "allies" in place, we still have our vulnerabilities, and should not alienate them for whatever unforeseen crisis may arise.

Quote:
But my point was, without NATO, or without the USA as part of NATO, Europe should still be our ally.

"would" and "should" are 2 different matters: If we maintain a positive Alliance status with, say, Germany, it's much more effective and efficient to use that geography to our advantage in a crisis than, say, if we piss Germany off and are at odds with them. Needless to say, we play the Big Brother role in protecting them, also, so they have much to lose if relations are strained. But the simple question: WHY strain them? Budgetary discrepancies can be resolved without alienating.

PostPosted: 07/13/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66xBDiGrvi8

PostPosted: 07/14/18 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The other thing I neglected to mention with regard to NATO is that Trump is only president for at maximum 6 more years, only part of which we would be out of NATO. The Republicans are always banging the war drum and a Republican president will be back in NATO in a jiffy. And now the Democrats want to reverse anything Trump has done that the rich are against, so they'd jump back in right away too.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/14/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Senate panel upholds finding that Russia backed Trump, contradicting House

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/395408-senate-intel-committee-no-reason-to-dispute-ic-assessment-of-russian-election

Just a summer refresher....

PostPosted: 07/16/18 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

500,000 US citizens' personal information was allegedly hacked by Russian Army Intelligence.

Traitor Trump's reaction: call the press the enemy of the country and keep his Performance Review appt., in private, w/ his employer Putin.

Anyone who continues to support this traitorous bastard is an equal traitor to the USA.

The GOP's continued complicity loudly proclaims its position.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/13/17568806/mueller-russia-intelligence-indictment-full-text

PostPosted: 07/16/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
500,000 US citizens' personal information was allegedly hacked by Russian Army Intelligence.

Traitor Trump's reaction: call the press the enemy of the country and keep his Performance Review appt., in private, w/ his employer Putin.

Anyone who continues to support this traitorous bastard is an equal traitor to the USA.

The GOP's continued complicity loudly proclaims its position.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/13/17568806/mueller-russia-intelligence-indictment-full-text

oh wait, I forgot that the House Republifucks, after the indictments came down friday, decided it might be a good idea to impeach Rosenstein.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

I’ve said for years, history is going to look positively on Clinton, and not so great at our treatment of her.

How many times have things like this happened?
http://www.neonnettle.com/features/1398-fbi-agent-who-exposed-hillary-clinton-s-cover-up-found-dead
Not sure what you mean about the treatment part but everyone who is set to testify against her always ends up getting murdered.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/17/18 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

History will view her as a footnote. At best she'll be as well remembered as Al Smith.

PostPosted: 07/24/18 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

History will view her as a footnote. At best she'll be as well remembered as Al Smith.

I think that she might be more. I believe that the last election will be considered a notable historical event, and that she will be remembered as the candidate Trump ran against. There are other people who lost famous (or as I believe to be the case here, infamous) elections. There are also First Ladies who are remembered. I think she's more than a footnote, when all is said and done.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/24/18 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

http://www.neonnettle.com/features/1398-fbi-agent-who-exposed-hillary-clinton-s-cover-up-found-dead
Not sure what you mean about the treatment part but everyone who is set to testify against her always ends up getting murdered.

PolitiFact.com, Snopes.com, and FactCheck.org all have several pages devoted to this subject, and claim that these theories are false and unfounded by any true evidence. Fox News publicly retracted some of its reporting to the contrary on the subject. From the Wikipedia page about one of Hillary's supposed victims (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich):

"Rich's parents condemned the conspiracy theorists and said that these individuals were exploiting their son's death for political gain, and their spokesperson called the conspiracy theorists "disgusting sociopaths". They requested a retraction and apology from Fox News after the network promoted the conspiracy theory, and sent a cease and desist letter to the investigator Fox News used. The investigator stated that he had no evidence to back up the claims which Fox News attributed to him. Fox News issued a retraction, but did not apologize or publicly explain what went wrong."

Not even Fox News will touch this stuff now; I have heard plenty of diatribes from Sean Hannity that attack Hillary as viciously as possible and claim all sorts of crimes that he feels she has committed, but no mention of any murders is ever made now. If Fox News has rejected it, I can only feel even more confident that it's simply another example of people bearing false witness against Hillary Clinton.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/24/18 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

PolitiFact.com, Snopes.com, and FactCheck.org all have several pages devoted to this subject, and claim that these theories are false and unfounded by any true evidence. Fox News publicly retracted some of its reporting to the contrary on the subject. From the Wikipedia page about one of Hillary's supposed victims (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich):

"Rich's parents condemned the conspiracy theorists and said that these individuals were exploiting their son's death for political gain, and their spokesperson called the conspiracy theorists "disgusting sociopaths". They requested a retraction and apology from Fox News after the network promoted the conspiracy theory, and sent a cease and desist letter to the investigator Fox News used. The investigator stated that he had no evidence to back up the claims which Fox News attributed to him. Fox News issued a retraction, but did not apologize or publicly explain what went wrong."

Not even Fox News will touch this stuff now; I have heard plenty of diatribes from Sean Hannity that attack Hillary as viciously as possible and claim all sorts of crimes that he feels she has committed, but no mention of any murders is ever made now. If Fox News has rejected it, I can only feel even more confident that it's simply another example of people bearing false witness against Hillary Clinton.

Bingo! And conversely, if Fux newz IS harping on it.....well, you know. Though I don't believe in Hell, I like the idea of creating one for Fox News and all its associates, and certainly one for its mouth-breathing patrons. JMO.

PostPosted: 07/24/18 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Sure.

PostPosted: 07/24/18 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Trump Chumps and Hillary Haters share a disdain for reality, it seems.

PostPosted: 07/25/18 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of "Trump Chumps", Sean Spicer gets a fair grilling. God bless Emily Maitlis. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: