Sparks
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/12/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Sorry Liz, Cayla & Erin, but I'm not #WFFL enough to get up at 3:30am to watch this one. Hope I wake up to victorious news.

Very Happy

Michelle89 wrote:
Cambage tossed. Lets see if Diggins can win this for them

It was really just a matter of time.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I think the ref could have walked away on that 2nd technical. It wasn't like she was talking directly to him.

Jep, let it go and turn your back so that she can cool off. That other ref wanted to play hero and stick up for his co ref Confused

Yeah these ref's already pre-meditated throwing her out and it was obvious. smh WNBA officials are sad !

That's right. They had her targeted the entire time. She was getting hammered, pushed and fouled on almost every shot she took. No and ones. It was so obvious they were not going to send her to the line and piss her off so she'd blow. What a bunch of bastards....

tfan

PostPosted: 07/12/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas can still win this game...We have the talent.

Stevens is looking like All Rookie since Cambage left. Extra minutes for her.

Thank God for Coach Stocks.

More credit should probably go to Geno Auriemma. If Stevens, the best player in the best conference (ACC), had started she would have gone higher. But coming off the bench he created all these doubts about her ability and "coachability". He Candace-Parkered her.

Last edited by tfan on 07/12/18 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 07/12/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred Williams really has Dallas playing well. Last 5 wins in a row were by an average of 20.8 points. He is creating a juggernaut down there in Dallas, and with no National Team members.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/12/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas has their two MVPs in Diggins & Cambage. But having players like Stevens & Johnson play well nightly is a huge boost to the team. And they've been getting a 5th or 6th player usually playing well also(today it was George, other games its been Thornton or Powers). Definitely a team that can make a serious run come the playoffs.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sage advice from Mary Murphy for Cambage: "When you get one (technical) you gotta button it up".

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dallas has their two MVPs in Diggins & Cambage. But having players like Stevens & Johnson play well nightly is a huge boost to the team. And they've been getting a 5th or 6th player usually playing well also(today it was George, other games its been Thornton or Powers). Definitely a team that can make a serious run come the playoffs.

Exactly right. 2 stars can be MVP candidates but they're not going to win games by themselves. It's those other contributions that were worrying me initially this season because they were lacking. The team looked tentative and directionless far too often. Now the balance is looking a lot better in terms of all the players being in attack mode, without anyone trying to call their own number excessively.

tfan wrote:
Sage advice from Mary Murphy for Cambage: "When you get one (technical) you gotta button it up".

Just watching the game now, and the signs were there even in the first quarter. In general this season she has done a decent job of not regressing back to WNBL-Liz, but old habits die hard.

Last edited by Luuuc on 07/12/18 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Speebs56

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Fred Williams really has Dallas playing well. Last 5 wins in a row were by an average of 20.8 points. He is creating a juggernaut down there in Dallas, and with no National Team members.

Isn't Cambage on the Australian national team?

tfan

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speebs56 wrote:
tfan wrote:

Isn't Cambage on the Australian national team?

Was talking about USA National Team level players, who dominate the world. If Cambage were an American she would be left off the USA team in favor of Griner and Fowles.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel so bad for Liz. Laughing

Dallas is leading the league in FTA per game by quite a rate. She mocks the officials three times and utters profanity and refuses to stop talking on a play where it looked like she wasn’t even touched...or barely touched. It’s unfathomable to me how anyone thinks she shouldn’t have been given two Ts. I’ve never seen anyone gesture like that and tell officials to open their eyes 3 times. And I’ve been watching the league since its inception.

Shouldn’t overshadow the play in the game itself though. LA looks worn down and Dallas looks young, fast and athletic. Stevens had a significant role in the win. Not only do they look fast, but they’re using it in ways that show intangibles. Which is something they haven’t really done consistently before.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After replaying the game Vadeeva fouled liz on her 1st attempt with no call. Liz got the offensive rebound and put it back in. The 2nd attempt was not a foul but her frustration came from the initial shot wrre Vadeeva 100% fouled her. Weird she gets tossed for not being quiet afterwards when you see players like Candace & Diana literally never stopping when complaining to the refs. Dont see them getting tossed for it though. Rolling Eyes Oh well we got the win Liz will play again not a story anymore.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Dallas is leading the league in FTA per game by quite a rate. She mocks the officials three times and utters profanity and refuses to stop talking on a play where it looked like she wasn’t even touched...or barely touched. It’s unfathomable to me how anyone thinks she shouldn’t have been given two Ts. I’ve never seen anyone gesture like that and tell officials to open their eyes 3 times. And I’ve been watching the league since its inception.

Shouldn’t overshadow the play in the game itself though. LA looks worn down and Dallas looks young, fast and athletic. Stevens had a significant role in the win. Not only do they look fast, but they’re using it in ways that show intangibles. Which is something they haven’t really done consistently before.

Im not surprised to hear you say this of course. Liz gets tossed and all the liz haters from the offseason that have been crying wolf since she cameback this season and performed like one of the best centers in the WORLD have come out to soak in her first wrong doing Laughing. I cant deal.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 07/12/18 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the camp kids with their "Let's go Sparks", and "De-fense!" chants were the cutest thing ever. Laughing

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Im not surprised to hear you say this of course. Liz gets tossed and all the liz haters from the offseason that has been crying wolf since she cameback this season and performed like one of the best centers in the WORLD have comeback to soak in her first wrong doing Laughing. I cant deal.

Not an off-season hater at all. I actually kind of liked her before I saw the kinds of things she expects referees to allow her to do in the last two games. I’d say the same if any player did that. But the thing is I can’t think of one other player who would show up refs in such a petulant way. Not even players like McCoughtry and Hayes who I can’t stand. I’ve in fact praised her improvements since opening night.

Not really “soaking” in anything. Dallas dominated the fourth quarter and won the game. They played well. I said so and why. Liz commited an offense clearly worthy of ejection four games after getting away with an offense that also could have caused a second T. I said so and why. She walks the line. None of this is news. Dallas statistically benefits from the officiating you say you’re unhappy with more than anyone. The one who’s making it personal is you.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Im not surprised to hear you say this of course. Liz gets tossed and all the liz haters from the offseason that has been crying wolf since she cameback this season and performed like one of the best centers in the WORLD have comeback to soak in her first wrong doing Laughing. I cant deal.

Not an off-season hater at all. I actually kind of liked her before I saw the kinds of things she expects referees to allow her to do in the last two games. I’d say the same if any player did that. But the thing is I can’t think of one other player who would show up refs in such a petulant way. Not even players like McCoughtry and Hayes who I can’t stand.

Not really “soaking” in anything. Dallas dominated the fourth quarter and won the game. They played well. I said so and why. Liz commited an offense clearly worthy of ejection four games after getting away with an offense that also could have caused a second T. I said so and why. She walks the line. None of this is news. Dallas statistically benefits from the officiating you say you’re unhappy with more than anyone. The one who’s making it personal is you.

Not taking it personal you actually had alot of valid points here in your last response. Im just someone who does not like to get stereotypes thrown around about people without giving them a chance to grow. Ala Diamond Deshields. Yes you are right Liz does animate EVERYTHING towards the refs and it was only a matter of time before she got that ejection. See the pregame interview vs Chicago i believe when she stated she was not an angry player and justified it by stating she hasn't been ejected yet! Laughing In all fairness she does get murdered down there and because shes taller and wider than any player in this league the refs tend to swallow their whistle alot when she gets contact because they feel she can take it due to her size and thats unfair and frustrating for a big player. BG seems to get more whistles at this stage in her career but year 1 & 2 she had the same issues hell maybe even worse than Liz .

PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe it will be a learning experience for her. Probably in some way it’s bound to be. I can’t imagine her looking at herself doing that and not thinking she has to approach it differently next time. Most people who wear their hearts on their sleeve reflect on their actions after the fact. Time will tell.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just watching the game now.. few observations from midway thru the 2nd Qtr.

1. Diggins is REALLY seeing the floor well right now. The offense is MOVING whether in the half or full court.

2. Stevens is my ROY. Love A'ja, but I'm biased.

3. Powers is the WNBA version of a young JJ Barea . Calls her number a lot, force it up. But, when she's on, she's really on.

4. Liz dropped the F bomb close enough for other ref to hear it...she earned the ejection. She gets in her feelings and stays in them.

5. LA looks tired a few games now. They need a post player who can give them real productive minutes. Their reserve guards are ok, but the front court help isn't there.

6. Jantel has fallen out of favor with Brian.

7. I'd like to see Gray start the break more often than Candace.

8. Kayla Davis still makes silly rookie-like fouls.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
1. Diggins is REALLY seeing the floor well right now. The offense is MOVING whether in the half or full court.

Trying to do everything herself seems to bring out the worst in her ... she's just not effective in that mode. But when she's got players around her that she trusts, she is so damn good to watch. Just lethal.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

6. Jantel has fallen out of favor with Brian.

As she should

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas is on a mission right now and it's so fun to watch.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/12/18 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Trying to do everything herself seems to bring out the worst in her ... she's just not effective in that mode. But when she's got players around her that she trusts, she is so damn good to watch. Just lethal.

When that 3-ball of hers is falling, that’s another factor as well. When she’s making contested 3s, it’s over, because she becomes impossible to guard without a trap or a hard hedge. That in turn creates opportunities for teammates. She made two today that totally shut down any momentum built by LA.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Good win by Dallas...But we have to put an asterisk on this game.....Yes,Cambage got tossed late 2nd quarter...but LA was playing without their best defensive player(Beard)

There is no asterisk needed, injuries are a part off the game like Liz ejection was so no
Confused

PostPosted: 07/13/18 4:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Weird she gets tossed for not being quiet afterwards when you see players like Candace & Diana literally never stopping when complaining to the refs. Dont see them getting tossed for it though.

Unlikely that she got tossed just for "not being quiet" as opposed to swearing at the ref.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/13/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Weird she gets tossed for not being quiet afterwards when you see players like Candace & Diana literally never stopping when complaining to the refs. Dont see them getting tossed for it though.

Unlikely that she got tossed just for "not being quiet" as opposed to swearing at the ref.

Lol and those players dont?

PostPosted: 07/13/18 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Lol and those players dont?

I can't hear what they are saying, but if they all are then your statement should be "she gets tossed for swearing at the refs when you see players like Candace & Diana doing it and not getting tossed". Which in my book means that Parker and Taurasi should be tossed, not that Cambage should not be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: