57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Sparks
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

zune69

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three huge 3 point shots by Skylar in the 3rd...SD also has 8 assists.

Shades

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas can still win this game...We have the talent.

Stevens is looking like All Rookie since Cambage left. Extra minutes for her.

Thank God for Coach Stocks.

.... and Pokey.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I think the ref could have walked away on that 2nd technical. It wasn't like she was talking directly to him.

Jep, let it go and turn your back so that she can cool off. That other ref wanted to play hero and stick up for his co ref Confused

Yeah these ref's already pre-meditated throwing her out and it was obvious. smh WNBA officials are sad !

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I think the ref could have walked away on that 2nd technical. It wasn't like she was talking directly to him.

She wasn't talking to her teammates. Surprised

She was talking to the other ref though. And saying the exact thing that she already got T ed up for

Doesn't mean you get a free pass to keep saying whatever you want to the officials. Cambage has got to learn to control herself. Such a hothead. And you guys encourage this?

Dude she's not a hot head quit using adjectives to damage her character. She's improved ALOT since her younger days , but nobody's perfect including you . I know that's hard to believe. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thats an offensive foul from Diggins against Parker Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She was talking to the other ref though. And saying the exact thing that she already got T ed up for

Doesn't mean you get a free pass to keep saying whatever you want to the officials. Cambage has got to learn to control herself. Such a hothead. And you guys encourage this?

Dude she's not a hot head quit using adjectives to damage her character.

Yep, it's all my fault.... and the refs who tossed her... and the broadcasting crew. The only person not responsible for own bad behavior is Cambage. #enabler

WNBA 09 wrote:
She's improved ALOT since her younger days

I don't remember her being like this when she was younger. I'm also taking into account her recent neck arm bar and taunting of Zahui, plus some of the stuff she was involved with in the latest off season. If anything, she's gotten worse.

Last edited by Shades on 07/12/18 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins giving the haters food for thought as they say she's not MVP material ! Go Wings 82-70

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Yep, it's all my fault.... and the refs who tossed her... and the broadcasting crew. The only person not responsible for own bad behavior is Cambage. #enabler

WNBA 09 wrote:

I don't remember her being like this when she was younger. I'm also taking into account her neck arm bar and taunting of Zahui, plus some of the stuff she was involved with in the latest off season. If anything, she's worse.

This _____- lets me know you dont know much about Cambage and yet your calling her a hothead Laughing Laughing Liz of old would have stomped karate chopped and strangled a player smh . Im done

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cayla George and Azura both should get the game ball ! Way to step up and play . I love when our depth shows and comes to play we can be so dangerous.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Diggins giving the haters food for thought as they say she's not MVP material ! Go Wings 82-70

She def should be ahead of Parker in the MVP standings..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:

I don't remember her being like this when she was younger. I'm also taking into account her neck arm bar and taunting of Zahui, plus some of the stuff she was involved with in the latest off season. If anything, she's worse.

This _____- lets me know you dont know much about Cambage and yet your calling her a hothead Laughing Laughing Liz of old would have stomped karate chopped and strangled a player smh . Im done

I can call her a hothead just on the basis of what she's done lately. You saying she was even worse does her no favors.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win by Dallas...But we have to put an asterisk on this game.....Yes,Cambage got tossed late 2nd quarter...but LA was playing without their best defensive player(Beard)

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cayla George finally found a favorable matchup!

It's Candace Parker!

Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice putback by Kaela Davis. Who didn't want her?

toad455

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Cayla George and Azura both should get the game ball ! Way to step up and play . I love when our depth shows and comes to play we can be so dangerous.

Huge games for both and a much earned win. Dallas has looked really good lately.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn’t see the ejection. Watching the third and fourth quarters. That LA has 4 fastbreak points says a lot about their offense of late (slow, stagnant) but Dallas has played a phenomenal defensive fourth quarter. Stevens really looks good. She has all that length. She’s fairly explosive and she even has some open court handle. And her D is pretty good especially for a rookie.

Regarding Liz, can’t comment on the ejection today but on Sunday before Zahui’s T she got away with a punching motion in the direction of AZB’s face. Between that and just the chatter that went on, I can see where refs might have a shorter leash with her being that once she starts jawing it’s a challenge to get her to stop. And probably grates on their nerves too.

Great fourth quarter by Dallas in her absence though. They look like they’re primed to keep winning.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We now have a 4 way tie for 3rd place and all 4 are 2.5 games out of 1st . This is one wacky season but exciting to watch unfold. Minny has crept back in the picture as well !

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I only caught the tail end of the game, but man am I glad my Wings are finally closing out games instead of blowing leads. I like this streak we have going and if the Wings beat Seattle, then we are definitely the real deal. I hope we can keep the heat past All-Star break.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Today should be a good litmus test for both teams, for Dallas to prove they are legit title contenders and for LA to prove that they are back after losing five of six.

Dallas certainly passed the test. LA not so much. I have serious concerns about the Sparks. After a strong start, we have really regressed, most notably our backcourt of Sims and Gray, especially today, just very poor decision making, way too tentative. I only watched the second half, but the worst I have seen Gray play this season, way too in her head, poor decision making, hesitant to pull the trigger, not playing with the confidence we are used to seeing.

Sigh, on to the next one.
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Byron Jarrett worked Sunday’s game vs. NY. Cambage motioned 3 times as if they needed glasses. Just like Sunday she wouldn’t stop talking, or gesturing. Today he threw her out. Clearly the right call. How can you let a player motion 3 times that the refs need glasses?

On the play in question there was also barely any contact. By WNBA standards that’s a non-call 90% of the time.

Edit. Byron did NOT work Sunday’s game. Nonetheless, when a player shows a pattern of this behavior...

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Today should be a good litmus test for both teams, for Dallas to prove they are legit title contenders and for LA to prove that they are back after losing five of six.

Dallas certainly passed the test. LA not so much. I have serious concerns about the Sparks. After a strong start, we have really regressed, most notably our backcourt of Sims and Gray, especially today, just very poor decision making, way too tentative. I only watched the second half, but the worst I have seen Gray play this season, way too in her head, poor decision making, hesitant to pull the trigger, not playing with the confidence we are used to seeing.

Sigh, on to the next one.

Without Beard, Maya and McCoughtry are going to go off on the Sparks.
Not sure when the Lynx and Sparks play again.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/12/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting beaten on the boards and scoring 27 points in the second half didn’t help LA either. Constant transition defense and second chance points.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Huge games for both and a much earned win. Dallas has looked really good lately.

I love watching the Wings play. Congrat's to them. Also, someone on this board(I don't remember who) was saying that Fred eould be sorry he picked her cause she wouldn,t do much. Seems to me that she is doing fine, even putting in the 3 pointer.

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/12/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Byron Jarrett worked Sunday’s game vs. NY. Cambage motioned 3 times as if they needed glasses. Just like Sunday she wouldn’t stop talking, or gesturing. Today he threw her out. Clearly the right call. How can you let a player motion 3 times that the refs need glasses?

On the play in question there was also barely any contact. By WNBA standards that’s a non-call 90% of the time.

Edit. Byron did NOT work Sunday’s game. Nonetheless, when a player shows a pattern of this behavior...

The reason it's an ejection for two techs is the first one gives you a chance to stop doing whatever it was that you're doing. She kept gesturing. Ejection was completely warranted.

Honestly, I'm surprised Liz hasn't gotten T'd up more this season, given how often she's been waving her arms at the officials. It's like it's become instinct after every made layup.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/12/18 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I agree. I thought it was an obvious ejection.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: