RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Race to MVP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4554
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/18 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
So if the Lynx start winning again, the the Storm start losing does that mean Fowles is an MVP candidate and Stewart isn't?


Exactly , Im sure posters will have a whole new outlook by next week Rolling Eyes


You mean, like the writers for WNBA.com does for Race to MVP? Laughing


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15014
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
According to W.Com sylvia's MVP contention has been hurt not only by the Lynx slew of losses but also her Turnovers per game have been the highest of any player. If this is a measuring stick then Stewie needs to be disqualified as well .

Total Turnovers

Sylvia Fowles 38
Kristi Toliver 35
Breanna Stewart 32


Sylvia Fowles has played in 10 games and averages 3.8 turnovers per game, Breanna Stewart has played in 11 games and averages 2.9 turnovers per game. Not seeing the correlation and why turnovers should affect Breanna the same way it is affecting Sylvia.


Why would it not ? 1 game makes a big difference ? Both are hurting their team with turnovers so if fowles is being held accountable for hers Same should be done too stewie .


Compare their stats and teamrecord and then you know why Fowles is not an MVP candidate and Stewart is..

p.s Probably half of Stewie's turnovers are offensive fouls. She needs to adjust her game a lil bit to provent most of those.


Comparing the team record would be your only fighting argument . Stat wise theres not much difference. Stewie averages a few more PPG while fowles average more Rebs per game .


A few more points Surprised I think leading the league in scoring with 22 pts per game and being 9th in the league in scoring with 18 pts per game is a big difference. Like a week ago Fowles averaged around the 16 pts per game



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
According to W.Com sylvia's MVP contention has been hurt not only by the Lynx slew of losses but also her Turnovers per game have been the highest of any player. If this is a measuring stick then Stewie needs to be disqualified as well .

Total Turnovers

Sylvia Fowles 38
Kristi Toliver 35
Breanna Stewart 32


Sylvia Fowles has played in 10 games and averages 3.8 turnovers per game, Breanna Stewart has played in 11 games and averages 2.9 turnovers per game. Not seeing the correlation and why turnovers should affect Breanna the same way it is affecting Sylvia.


Why would it not ? 1 game makes a big difference ? Both are hurting their team with turnovers so if fowles is being held accountable for hers Same should be done too stewie .


Compare their stats and teamrecord and then you know why Fowles is not an MVP candidate and Stewart is..

p.s Probably half of Stewie's turnovers are offensive fouls. She needs to adjust her game a lil bit to provent most of those.


Comparing the team record would be your only fighting argument . Stat wise theres not much difference. Stewie averages a few more PPG while fowles average more Rebs per game .


A few more points Surprised I think leading the league in scoring with 22 pts per game and being 9th in the league in scoring with 18 pts per game is a big difference. Like a week ago Fowles averaged around the 16 pts per game


How about rebounding ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 13624
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
According to W.Com sylvia's MVP contention has been hurt not only by the Lynx slew of losses but also her Turnovers per game have been the highest of any player. If this is a measuring stick then Stewie needs to be disqualified as well .

Total Turnovers

Sylvia Fowles 38
Kristi Toliver 35
Breanna Stewart 32


Sylvia Fowles has played in 10 games and averages 3.8 turnovers per game, Breanna Stewart has played in 11 games and averages 2.9 turnovers per game. Not seeing the correlation and why turnovers should affect Breanna the same way it is affecting Sylvia.


Why would it not ? 1 game makes a big difference ? Both are hurting their team with turnovers so if fowles is being held accountable for hers Same should be done too stewie .


It has nothing to do with the amount of games each team has played, it has to do with the amount they are averaging. Yes both players hurt them team to a degree when they turn the ball over, but the point is Breanna Stewart turns the ball over less than Sylvia Fowles does. It's not as if their averages are close, Sylvia averages almost 1 more turnover than Breanna so turnovers should affect Sylvia more than Breanna.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48262



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-5-taurasi-joins-griner-in-top-five/

1. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 1
2. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 2
3. Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 4
4. Alyssa Thomas, Connecticut Sun
Last Week: 3
5. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 8
6. Chelsea Gray, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 7
7. Tina Charles, New York Liberty
Last Week: 5
8. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week: 10
9. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 9
10. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Last Week: Unranked


Would be a historical low in PPG
Would be a historical low in FG%
Doesn’t meet non-losing team criteria
Would be historical high in games missed



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 06/21/18 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16771



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 4:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 827
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 5:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This feels like a very weak MVP race overall. I don't think Griner at 1 is that outrageous, even if I believe Stewart is clearly the choice at this point.


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 827
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 5:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also the Alyssa Thomas lovefest is still completely unreasonable...


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 7840



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like Phoenix and LA will probably be the top 2 teams so MVP will be from one of those teams. Probably Griner. The biggest reason for Phoenix improvement this year is probably Bonner though.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15014
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
According to W.Com sylvia's MVP contention has been hurt not only by the Lynx slew of losses but also her Turnovers per game have been the highest of any player. If this is a measuring stick then Stewie needs to be disqualified as well .

Total Turnovers

Sylvia Fowles 38
Kristi Toliver 35
Breanna Stewart 32


Sylvia Fowles has played in 10 games and averages 3.8 turnovers per game, Breanna Stewart has played in 11 games and averages 2.9 turnovers per game. Not seeing the correlation and why turnovers should affect Breanna the same way it is affecting Sylvia.


Why would it not ? 1 game makes a big difference ? Both are hurting their team with turnovers so if fowles is being held accountable for hers Same should be done too stewie .


Compare their stats and teamrecord and then you know why Fowles is not an MVP candidate and Stewart is..

p.s Probably half of Stewie's turnovers are offensive fouls. She needs to adjust her game a lil bit to provent most of those.


Comparing the team record would be your only fighting argument . Stat wise theres not much difference. Stewie averages a few more PPG while fowles average more Rebs per game .


A few more points Surprised I think leading the league in scoring with 22 pts per game and being 9th in the league in scoring with 18 pts per game is a big difference. Like a week ago Fowles averaged around the 16 pts per game


How about rebounding ?


Scoring is always the main focus in the MVP race. Also i expect Fowles to have more rebounds then Stewart. She is longer and stronger then Stewart. Build for rebounding. Also her FG% is higher then Stewart but we all know thats because most of her shots are in the paint/layups while Stewart shoots a lot (maybe too much) of 3pointers



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8946



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


If true, why do you think that's the case?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Tally24



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 2078
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .


But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .


But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.


I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Tally24



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 2078
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .


But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.


I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing


Without Bonner, we make the playoffs. Without Griner, we are a lottery team.

Also, I wouldn’t trade Griner for any other center.
UofDel_Alum



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 3869
Location: Delaware


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/18 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .


But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.


I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing


I have a great deal of bias on my opinions of EDD which comes as no surprise to a lot of people on this board. At the present, I personally see her illness is preventing her from being her best. I will wait for the end of the regular season to form my personal opinion who is the MVP this season.

What I see of EDD's play is she is passing the more than I have ever seen, and she is playing to grab rebounds, and most important I am seeing her playing more team basketball than I have seen in the past. I hope she continues to play this kind of basketball. I love the guards on this team and willing to see how this season ends before I form an opinion who is MVP.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8946



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .


But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.


I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing


But again, why would the WNBA favor Griner over any other top player? What's the motivation for their bias?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/18 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .


But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.


I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing


But again, why would the WNBA favor Griner over any other top player? What's the motivation for their bias?



Most of the other top players have already won this award so its only fitting that she's next in line. Her effect on the women's game when she first entered the league are probably what has her considered.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1140



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Vegas had a winning team record Aja would be talk about for mvp.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8946



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .


But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.


I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing


But again, why would the WNBA favor Griner over any other top player? What's the motivation for their bias?



Most of the other top players have already won this award so its only fitting that she's next in line. Her effect on the women's game when she first entered the league are probably what has her considered.


Interesting ... I wouldn't think they'd care enough to "campaign," but maybe you're right. Maybe they feel if she wins MVP, she's less likely to take a summer off.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48262



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.


Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .


But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.


I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing


But again, why would the WNBA favor Griner over any other top player? What's the motivation for their bias?



Most of the other top players have already won this award so its only fitting that she's next in line.


If you think it’s only fitting that she’s next in line, why would you think there would be an agenda? Historically, to me the league seems to favor the Sparks.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Her effect on the women's game when she first entered the league are probably what has her considered.


Her MVP level stats have her considered: 20.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3.1 bpg, 58.6 fg% plus team in dead heat for first place. No conspiracy needed.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-6-wilson-joins-list-stewart-climbs-to-top/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 2

2. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 1

3. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week:8

4. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: Unranked

5. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 5

6. Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 3

7. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Last Week: 10

8. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 9

9. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
Last Week: Unranked

10. Tina Charles, New York Liberty
Last Week: 7

Laughing....Fowles and Parker leapfrog into the top 4...But where's Maya Moore?

During 5 gm Minnesota win streak:
Moore:23.8p/5.8r/4.0a/1.6s/1.2t/44%/37%/85%

Maya should be in the top 10.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48262



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It just shows he may be using the historical standards.

Once Maya’s FG% rises above 43.4 (she’s at 42.9 now), she should pop up the chart, especially considering she’s now 5th in ppg.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 06/28/18 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taurasi should be ahead of Sylvia in my Opinion heck even ahead of BG .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So basically,one missed end of the quarter half court shot could disqualify a player from MVP consideration.

6-13 46.2%
6-14 42.9%

WNBA 09 wrote:
Taurasi should be ahead of Sylvia in my Opinion heck even ahead of BG .


+1


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48262



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
So basically,one missed end of the quarter half court shot could disqualify a player from MVP consideration.

6-13 46.2%
6-14 42.9%


Yeah, in one person’s opinion. Gotta draw the line somewhere or else chuckers will end up being considered for MVP. He’s not deciding the candidates but I suppose some on the media panel might check out the list.

You make a list and see if you can keep everybody happy. Not going to happen.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 827
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne way too low.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1060



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Delle Donne way too low.


Not really. She’s a me me me player. She’s a great player, yes, but she does nothing to make her teammates better. She’s right where she should be. That’s why they put her at 7


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1060



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Taurasi should be ahead of Sylvia in my Opinion heck even ahead of BG .


Griner yes, Fowles no


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1060



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-6-wilson-joins-list-stewart-climbs-to-top/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 2

2. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 1

3. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week:8

4. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: Unranked

5. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 5

6. Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 3

7. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Last Week: 10

8. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 9

9. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
Last Week: Unranked

10. Tina Charles, New York Liberty
Last Week: 7

Laughing....Fowles and Parker leapfrog into the top 4...But where's Maya Moore?

During 5 gm Minnesota win streak:
Moore:23.8p/5.8r/4.0a/1.6s/1.2t/44%/37%/85%

Maya should be in the top 10.


Nneka Ogwumike and Tina Charles belong on this list about as much as I would. They also need to realize that more guards than just Taurasi belong on this list. Ogwumike should be replaced by Skylar Diggins-Smith. And Charles could be replaced on this list by Chelsea Gray or maybe soon, Kayla McBride if she keeps putting up monster numbers but for right now, Charles should be replaced with Maya Moore.


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 827
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Delle Donne way too low.


Not really. She’s a me me me player. She’s a great player, yes, but she does nothing to make her teammates better. She’s right where she should be. That’s why they put her at 7

Find a new slant


SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 741



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love me some Stewie! But if A'ja gets the Aces into the playoffs this season, she will be the MVP of the league IMO.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Taurasi should be ahead of Sylvia in my Opinion heck even ahead of BG .


Griner yes, Fowles no


Fowles has lead the league in turnovers just about the entire season. Thats not helping her cause.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
zune69 wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-6-wilson-joins-list-stewart-climbs-to-top/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 2

2. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 1

3. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week:8

4. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: Unranked

5. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 5

6. Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 3

7. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Last Week: 10

8. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 9

9. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
Last Week: Unranked

10. Tina Charles, New York Liberty
Last Week: 7

Laughing....Fowles and Parker leapfrog into the top 4...But where's Maya Moore?

During 5 gm Minnesota win streak:
Moore:23.8p/5.8r/4.0a/1.6s/1.2t/44%/37%/85%

Maya should be in the top 10.


Nneka Ogwumike and Tina Charles belong on this list about as much as I would. They also need to realize that more guards than just Taurasi belong on this list. Ogwumike should be replaced by Skylar Diggins-Smith. And Charles could be replaced on this list by Chelsea Gray or maybe soon, Kayla McBride if she keeps putting up monster numbers but for right now, Charles should be replaced with Maya Moore.


This i do agree with. Dump Nneka & Charles Add diggins somewhere around 7-10 right now and also add Mcbride around 10 Instead .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16771



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Wings had a better record it would be 1. Stewart 2. Cambage. But now it's just Stewart and then everyone else.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4554
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
I love me some Stewie! But if A'ja gets the Aces into the playoffs this season, she will be the MVP of the league IMO.


Wilson's having a great season, but no. Laughing


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48262



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-7-where-we-stand-at-the-halfway-point/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 1
2. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 2
3. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 5
4. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week: 3
5. Elena Delle Donn, Washington Mystics
Last Week: 7
6. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 8
7. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 4
8. Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week: Unranked
9. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
Last Week: 9
10. Chiney Ogwumike, Connecticut Sun
Last Week: Unranked



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/18 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My current top 10:

1.Stewart
2.Griner
3.EDD
4.Cambage
5.Taurasi
6.Wilson
7.N.Ogwumike
8.Moore
9.Fowles
10.McBride


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4564



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/08/18 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Id go

Stewart
Cambage
EDD

Griner/DT

Wilson
N. Ogwumike

Fowles/Moore


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16771



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/08/18 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mine:
1. Stewart
2. Cambage
3. Taurasi
4. Delle Donne
5. Diggins
6. Griner
7. Wilson
8. C. Gray
9. Fowles
10. Moore



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48262



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-8-fowles-on-the-rise/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 1
2. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week: 4
3. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 2
4. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 3
5. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 6
6. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics (breaches 3 games missed)
Last Week: 5
7. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks (lowest ppg on list)
Last Week: 7
8. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces (breaches .500 team record)
Last Week: 9
9. Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx (breaches 43.4 fgp)
Last Week: 8
10. Skylar Diggins-Smith, Dallas Wings (breaches 43.4 fgp)
Last Week: Unranked



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My top 10:

1.Stewart
2.Griner
3.EDD
4.Cambage
5.Taurasi
6.Wilson
7.Moore
8.Fowles
9.Diggins
10.McBride


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Were getting wins now and Cambage still not in the top 3 Rolling Eyes



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

7. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks (lowest ppg on list)


Candace has also missed 3 games...


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New top 10 after Dal/LA game Laughing

1.Stewart
2.Griner
3.EDD
4.Cambage
5.Taurasi
6.Diggins
7.Wilson
8.Moore
9.Fowles
10.McBride


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16771



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd have Diggins higher. She's top 5 now.

1. Stewart
2. Cambage
3. Taurasi
4. Diggins-Smith
5. Griner
6. Delle Donne
7. Fowles
8. Wilson
9. Moore
10. Parker



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd have Diggins higher. She's top 5 now.

1. Stewart
2. Cambage
3. Taurasi
4. Diggins-Smith
5. Griner
6. Delle Donne
7. Fowles
8. Wilson
9. Moore
10. Parker


This is the most legit list ive seen so far. Props to Toad!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Cooper2009



Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Atlanta


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Stewart
2. Diggins-Smith
3. Cambage
4. Taurasi
5. Griner
6. Delle Donne
7. Wilson
8. Fowles
9. Moore
10. Parker



_________________
Nared.
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a tough time putting Cambage/Diggins both in the top 4 when the Wings only have a 12-8 record....Truth be told...We should be 14-6 not 12-8.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/13/18 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I have a tough time putting Cambage/Diggins both in the top 4 when the Wings only have a 12-8 record....Truth be told...We should be 14-6 not 12-8.


+1 That 1st game against NY was a disaster along with the Sparks loss without Nneka. Both we should have won there's a few others but those stick out the most.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin