RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Race to MVP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49477



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
So basically,one missed end of the quarter half court shot could disqualify a player from MVP consideration.

6-13 46.2%
6-14 42.9%


Yeah, in one person’s opinion. Gotta draw the line somewhere or else chuckers will end up being considered for MVP. He’s not deciding the candidates but I suppose some on the media panel might check out the list.

You make a list and see if you can keep everybody happy. Not going to happen.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1173
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne way too low.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1154



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Delle Donne way too low.


Not really. She’s a me me me player. She’s a great player, yes, but she does nothing to make her teammates better. She’s right where she should be. That’s why they put her at 7


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1154



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Taurasi should be ahead of Sylvia in my Opinion heck even ahead of BG .


Griner yes, Fowles no


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1154



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-6-wilson-joins-list-stewart-climbs-to-top/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 2

2. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 1

3. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week:8

4. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: Unranked

5. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 5

6. Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 3

7. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Last Week: 10

8. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 9

9. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
Last Week: Unranked

10. Tina Charles, New York Liberty
Last Week: 7

Laughing....Fowles and Parker leapfrog into the top 4...But where's Maya Moore?

During 5 gm Minnesota win streak:
Moore:23.8p/5.8r/4.0a/1.6s/1.2t/44%/37%/85%

Maya should be in the top 10.


Nneka Ogwumike and Tina Charles belong on this list about as much as I would. They also need to realize that more guards than just Taurasi belong on this list. Ogwumike should be replaced by Skylar Diggins-Smith. And Charles could be replaced on this list by Chelsea Gray or maybe soon, Kayla McBride if she keeps putting up monster numbers but for right now, Charles should be replaced with Maya Moore.


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1173
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Delle Donne way too low.


Not really. She’s a me me me player. She’s a great player, yes, but she does nothing to make her teammates better. She’s right where she should be. That’s why they put her at 7

Find a new slant


SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 773



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/18 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love me some Stewie! But if A'ja gets the Aces into the playoffs this season, she will be the MVP of the league IMO.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Taurasi should be ahead of Sylvia in my Opinion heck even ahead of BG .


Griner yes, Fowles no


Fowles has lead the league in turnovers just about the entire season. Thats not helping her cause.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
zune69 wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-6-wilson-joins-list-stewart-climbs-to-top/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 2

2. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 1

3. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week:8

4. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: Unranked

5. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 5

6. Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 3

7. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Last Week: 10

8. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 9

9. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
Last Week: Unranked

10. Tina Charles, New York Liberty
Last Week: 7

Laughing....Fowles and Parker leapfrog into the top 4...But where's Maya Moore?

During 5 gm Minnesota win streak:
Moore:23.8p/5.8r/4.0a/1.6s/1.2t/44%/37%/85%

Maya should be in the top 10.


Nneka Ogwumike and Tina Charles belong on this list about as much as I would. They also need to realize that more guards than just Taurasi belong on this list. Ogwumike should be replaced by Skylar Diggins-Smith. And Charles could be replaced on this list by Chelsea Gray or maybe soon, Kayla McBride if she keeps putting up monster numbers but for right now, Charles should be replaced with Maya Moore.


This i do agree with. Dump Nneka & Charles Add diggins somewhere around 7-10 right now and also add Mcbride around 10 Instead .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17699



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Wings had a better record it would be 1. Stewart 2. Cambage. But now it's just Stewart and then everyone else.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/18 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
I love me some Stewie! But if A'ja gets the Aces into the playoffs this season, she will be the MVP of the league IMO.


Wilson's having a great season, but no. Laughing


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49477



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-7-where-we-stand-at-the-halfway-point/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 1
2. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 2
3. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 5
4. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week: 3
5. Elena Delle Donn, Washington Mystics
Last Week: 7
6. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 8
7. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 4
8. Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week: Unranked
9. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
Last Week: 9
10. Chiney Ogwumike, Connecticut Sun
Last Week: Unranked



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/18 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My current top 10:

1.Stewart
2.Griner
3.EDD
4.Cambage
5.Taurasi
6.Wilson
7.N.Ogwumike
8.Moore
9.Fowles
10.McBride


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4726



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/08/18 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Id go

Stewart
Cambage
EDD

Griner/DT

Wilson
N. Ogwumike

Fowles/Moore


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17699



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/08/18 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mine:
1. Stewart
2. Cambage
3. Taurasi
4. Delle Donne
5. Diggins
6. Griner
7. Wilson
8. C. Gray
9. Fowles
10. Moore



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49477



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-8-fowles-on-the-rise/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 1
2. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week: 4
3. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 2
4. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 3
5. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 6
6. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics (breaches 3 games missed)
Last Week: 5
7. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks (lowest ppg on list)
Last Week: 7
8. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces (breaches .500 team record)
Last Week: 9
9. Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx (breaches 43.4 fgp)
Last Week: 8
10. Skylar Diggins-Smith, Dallas Wings (breaches 43.4 fgp)
Last Week: Unranked



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My top 10:

1.Stewart
2.Griner
3.EDD
4.Cambage
5.Taurasi
6.Wilson
7.Moore
8.Fowles
9.Diggins
10.McBride


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Were getting wins now and Cambage still not in the top 3 Rolling Eyes



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

7. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks (lowest ppg on list)


Candace has also missed 3 games...


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New top 10 after Dal/LA game Laughing

1.Stewart
2.Griner
3.EDD
4.Cambage
5.Taurasi
6.Diggins
7.Wilson
8.Moore
9.Fowles
10.McBride


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17699



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd have Diggins higher. She's top 5 now.

1. Stewart
2. Cambage
3. Taurasi
4. Diggins-Smith
5. Griner
6. Delle Donne
7. Fowles
8. Wilson
9. Moore
10. Parker



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd have Diggins higher. She's top 5 now.

1. Stewart
2. Cambage
3. Taurasi
4. Diggins-Smith
5. Griner
6. Delle Donne
7. Fowles
8. Wilson
9. Moore
10. Parker


This is the most legit list ive seen so far. Props to Toad!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Cooper2009



Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Location: Atlanta


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Stewart
2. Diggins-Smith
3. Cambage
4. Taurasi
5. Griner
6. Delle Donne
7. Wilson
8. Fowles
9. Moore
10. Parker



_________________
Nared.
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a tough time putting Cambage/Diggins both in the top 4 when the Wings only have a 12-8 record....Truth be told...We should be 14-6 not 12-8.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/13/18 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I have a tough time putting Cambage/Diggins both in the top 4 when the Wings only have a 12-8 record....Truth be told...We should be 14-6 not 12-8.


+1 That 1st game against NY was a disaster along with the Sparks loss without Nneka. Both we should have won there's a few others but those stick out the most.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin