RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Trade proposal thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49480



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I still offer

Prince for IMS

(Or any guard not named Nurse)

Atlanta looks like it is win now mode. With the trade of Clarendon Prince could be the back up at the 2, and Bentley could back up the 2/3 basically always playing the 2 behind Sykes/Hays, or when Sliding Sykes/Hayes over when Angel goes out.

NY frees up minutes for Nurse and Boyd

and get IMS for half a season to see if she can do anything. If yes we have a youngwe/bigger post to replace Vaughn next season, if no we still have freed up guard minutes for Nurse and aren't likely to make the playoffs either way, so it doesn't hurt our lottery chances.

Also ISM good streak seems to have come to an end with the return of Williams and her return to 5-12 minutes a night of the bench


Why would ATL need prince when they just picked up Bentley ?


Yeah, they don't need help at the guard position.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18375



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Phoenix could use some offensive punch off the bench and a backup veteran post

Prince,Vaughn & the 2019 2nd pk for Turner,Robinson & the Mercury's 2019 1st rd pk.

Regardless of whether they'd want to do that, it's likely two high-end salaries for two low-end ones. No way Phoenix can fit that in, considering they're already having to wait just to fit in a 12th player.


We don’t want to do it either. Laughing



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4726



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I still offer

Prince for IMS

(Or any guard not named Nurse)

Atlanta looks like it is win now mode. With the trade of Clarendon Prince could be the back up at the 2, and Bentley could back up the 2/3 basically always playing the 2 behind Sykes/Hays, or when Sliding Sykes/Hayes over when Angel goes out.

NY frees up minutes for Nurse and Boyd

and get IMS for half a season to see if she can do anything. If yes we have a youngwe/bigger post to replace Vaughn next season, if no we still have freed up guard minutes for Nurse and aren't likely to make the playoffs either way, so it doesn't hurt our lottery chances.

Also ISM good streak seems to have come to an end with the return of Williams and her return to 5-12 minutes a night of the bench


Why would ATL need prince when they just picked up Bentley ?


Yeah, they don't need help at the guard position.


I kind of agree, but Prince is slightly more of a PG than Bentley, and is still better than Dietrick or A. Prince.

Ironically the first time I put this trade out there people thought it was lop sided in favor of Atl. Now people are saying why would Atl do it. Which by the law of averages means it is a close to equal trade.

But yeah with Hayes healthy and the addition of Bentley E. Prince would be a little redundant. But IMS has fallen out of the rotation again so I thought I would give it a shot.

OTOOH Prince has been playing better, and is hitting her 3s so if NY can figure out the rotation she is probably more useful to NY than I give her credit.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49480



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if IMS falls out of the rotation, she was nice insurance when EWill was out. Probably the best role for her.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm assuming the trade deadline is after the break?

I wonder if someone in New York will get moved..


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20716
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
I'm assuming the trade deadline is after the break?

I wonder if someone in New York will get moved..

There's some disagreement on that date. This page - http://www.wnba.com/news/key-dates-2018/ - says it's July 23rd. The Guide & Register has a clearly misprinted 'July 2', but in a date-ordered list that suggests it's after the All-Star Game on July 28th. So I'm currently not entirely sure.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57588
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
I'm assuming the trade deadline is after the break?

I wonder if someone in New York will get moved..

There's some disagreement on that date. This page - http://www.wnba.com/news/key-dates-2018/ - says it's July 23rd. The Guide & Register has a clearly misprinted 'July 2', but in a date-ordered list that suggests it's after the All-Star Game on July 28th. So I'm currently not entirely sure.


FWIW, the team media guides for the Liberty and Mercury also say it is the 23rd.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6180
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.




WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.


NO!


Laughing She was a cubic zirconium before the season started to sky fans though. She even wants to play in dallas herself remember ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3122
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.



These are the type of decisions that are made after one whole day of smoking that LOUD!
Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.



These are the type of decisions that are made after one whole day of smoking that LOUD!
Laughing Laughing Laughing


Lol are you in my closet? Wink



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.


Glory's the better player but she's having a very underwhelming season.Not to mention the emergence of Stevens...Stevens can't play 26-30 minutes if Johnson's still on the roster.Thornton's not a SF...The Wings have a great need for a player with Copper's ability....Adding Copper plus a top 5 pick should make Dallas a legit contender...Sure,player for player,Glory has more value....But adding Copper and making Stevens a starter will make Dallas a better,more balanced basketball team.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.


Glory's the better player but she's having a very underwhelming season.Not to mention the emergence of Stevens...Stevens can't play 26-30 minutes if Johnson's still on the roster.Thornton's not a SF...The Wings have a great need for a player with Copper's ability....Adding Copper plus a top 5 pick should make Dallas a legit contender...Sure,player for player,Glory has more value....But adding Copper and making Stevens a starter will make Dallas a better,more balanced basketball team.


This could work actually , id feel more safe if this offseason Z makes it a priority to get stronger.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.


Glory's the better player but she's having a very underwhelming season.Not to mention the emergence of Stevens...Stevens can't play 26-30 minutes if Johnson's still on the roster.Thornton's not a SF...The Wings have a great need for a player with Copper's ability....Adding Copper plus a top 5 pick should make Dallas a legit contender...Sure,player for player,Glory has more value....But adding Copper and making Stevens a starter will make Dallas a better,more balanced basketball team.


This could work actually , id feel more safe if this offseason Z makes it a priority to get stronger.


If Chicago ends up drafting a center....maybe we can convince them to sweeten the pot..........Johnson/Davis for Copper/Coates.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.


Glory's the better player but she's having a very underwhelming season.Not to mention the emergence of Stevens...Stevens can't play 26-30 minutes if Johnson's still on the roster.Thornton's not a SF...The Wings have a great need for a player with Copper's ability....Adding Copper plus a top 5 pick should make Dallas a legit contender...Sure,player for player,Glory has more value....But adding Copper and making Stevens a starter will make Dallas a better,more balanced basketball team.


This could work actually , id feel more safe if this offseason Z makes it a priority to get stronger.


If Chicago ends up drafting a center....maybe we can convince them to sweeten the pot..........Johnson/Davis for Copper/Coates.


Not sure about Coates yet. I need to see a real post move and NOT from a pedal stool! Id rather have Copper than Hill TBH.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3537
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/14/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.


They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.


NO!


Laughing She was a cubic zirconium before the season started to sky fans though. She even wants to play in dallas herself remember ?


The way this year has gone, if DeShields had demanded a trade to Dallas, she probably would've demanded a trade back to Chicago upon realizing Chicago & Stocks wasn't that bad after all compared to the Fred/Bibb mess in Dallas. Smile


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Not sure about Coates yet. I need to see a real post move and NOT from a pedal stool! Id rather have Copper than Hill TBH.


Post up moves for what?....All Coates needs to do is rebound,defend,finish around the basket,improve her jump shot and FT shooting....We want Coates to be a 10-14 minute reliable backup post,not a 25 mpg primary offensive player.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23363



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Not sure about Coates yet. I need to see a real post move and NOT from a pedal stool! Id rather have Copper than Hill TBH.


Post up moves for what?....All Coates needs to do is rebound,defend,finish around the basket,improve her jump shot and FT shooting....We want Coates to be a 10-14 minute reliable backup post,not a 25 mpg primary offensive player.


good luck with that. And backup to who?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Not sure about Coates yet. I need to see a real post move and NOT from a pedal stool! Id rather have Copper than Hill TBH.


Post up moves for what?....All Coates needs to do is rebound,defend,finish around the basket,improve her jump shot and FT shooting....We want Coates to be a 10-14 minute reliable backup post,not a 25 mpg primary offensive player.


good luck with that. And backup to who?


Laughing I have no idea , but being a back up is the only thing ive ever imagined Coates being in this league . She will have her random game where she grabs 11 rebounds , but 3 ppg and 3 rebs a game doesnt really excite me . We will have to agree to disagree on this one Zune , although i would not be mad if they did make this move . I just dont see the benefit .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

good luck with that. And backup to who?


Cambage of Course.Liz can play 30 mpg,Coates can get the remaining 10...It would also be smart to have a young post just in case Cambage decides not to show up in 2020.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

good luck with that. And backup to who?


Cambage of Course.Liz can play 30 mpg,Coates can get the remaining 10...It would also be smart to have a young post just in case Cambage decides not to show up in 2020.


http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24381686/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-says-return-wnba-2019-the-air

Quote:
"I've said this many times: [The WNBA] doesn't pay my bills ... playing here doesn't pay my bills," Cambage said. "We make more money overseas. I'm ready to have next summer off and focus on getting a European contract where its 10 seasons here worth the pay.


Not sure that will be an option next season .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8661



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She must have a lot of bills if 100k for 5 months work and free housing doesn't cut it.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3135
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
She must have a lot of bills if 100k for 5 months work and free housing doesn't cut it.


I don't have any problem with Liz making this decision for herself. If she doesn't feel like she is being paid what she is worth and she can make more in Europe more power to her. This is just one of the problems the WNBA faces. I find it refreshing that she is open and honest about it.

My question is "Which is a bigger loss for the Wings, Cambage or Williams?" I'd put up a poll, but I think we all know the answer.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin