53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Sky
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 07/11/18 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While Z can play the 4, she wants to be Kevin Durant, maybe The Sky coach sees the same thing I see, and that’s Z being more of a Bonner type player then Stewart, not sure she would have been the answer for the Sky. Gabby is a fine player and plays her role, she need to work on her ball handling this offseason if she can transition to more of a guard/wing, I would mind seeing her play next to Maya some day down the line after Augustus hangs them up.
Shades

PostPosted: 07/11/18 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I would mind seeing her play next to Maya some day down the line after Augustus hangs them up.

Hopefully (if this season is more than a head fake) Zandalasini wants to keep coming back after Augustus retires. That may not be for a while. Older players aren't retiring..... Currie and Cappie from the same draft class aren't retiring. Would Augustus accept a role off the bench with the Lynx?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/11/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Not a fan of the Sky coach, she doesn’t seem to know what direction to push the team in, Parker is good but she’s more of a bench team.

Drafting Gabby > Stevens was just a boneheaded move.

I, as a Sky fan, am happy and appreciative that the Sky drafted Gabby Williams. Very Happy

Hoping to catch a big fish in the lottery Laughing....Well,Chicago could use a Center.

Very Happy

But on a serious note, Williams isn't a bad player. She's tied for first in total steals with Alana Beard, and I know people don't like this stat but she's first in steal percentage as well. Obviously, she isn't being used properly and will have to improve in certain areas of the game (jump shot), but it's not like she's totally useless, IMO, like a certain poster on this board who has been screaming that Williams sucks for a while to the point it's becoming a fascination. I want to see what she can do going forward.

I like Stevens, and obviously she's more pro ready, but I'm not losing sleep yet, especially in their rookie seasons.

And Shades does bring up an interesting question, why isn't Pokey catching heat for also passing on Stevens? Hughes I understand because he traded for Howard, is it that people think Mitchell will be just as good, if not better than Stevens?

Yeah no one thinks she sucks but not being used properly ? Where would you use her ? Mitchell has produced this season as a #2 pick . #4 has not , and #5 has . Thus the reason it seems like a bonehead move , you should be fascinated by that right ?

PostPosted: 07/11/18 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Yeah no one thinks she sucks but not being used properly ? Where would you use her ?

I would use her at the 4, just as a backup playing 15-20 MPG, not as a starter trying to guard All Star PFs. Hopefully one day she can improve the ball handling and shooting to be a SF.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Mitchell has produced this season as a #2 pick .

Yes, tearing up the league with that 35.6FG% and with 7 more assists than turnovers. Great production.

WNBA 09 wrote:
#4 has not , and #5 has .

I like Canada, but to make a claim that she's producing at an overwhelming amount compared to Williams is a little excessive, IMO.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Thus the reason it seems like a bonehead move , you should be fascinated by that right ?

Why would I be fascinated? The Sky suck and I knew that before the season. Stevens isn't putting up MVP type numbers and not even close to being ROY for me come on a message board and call Stocks and idiot, or go on and on and on and on how Williams sucks or "my team dodged that bullet". Laughing

zune69

PostPosted: 07/11/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Not a fan of the Sky coach, she doesn’t seem to know what direction to push the team in, Parker is good but she’s more of a bench team.

Drafting Gabby > Stevens was just a boneheaded move.

I, as a Sky fan, am happy and appreciative that the Sky drafted Gabby Williams. Very Happy

Hoping to catch a big fish in the lottery Laughing....Well,Chicago could use a Center.

Very Happy

But on a serious note, Williams isn't a bad player. She's tied for first in total steals with Alana Beard, and I know people don't like this stat but she's first in steal percentage as well. Obviously, she isn't being used properly and will have to improve in certain areas of the game (jump shot), but it's not like she's totally useless, IMO, like a certain poster on this board who has been screaming that Williams sucks for a while to the point it's becoming a fascination. I want to see what she can do going forward.

I like Stevens, and obviously she's more pro ready, but I'm not losing sleep yet, especially in their rookie seasons.

And Shades does bring up an interesting question, why isn't Pokey catching heat for also passing on Stevens? Hughes I understand because he traded for Howard, is it that people think Mitchell will be just as good, if not better than Stevens?

Yeah no one thinks she sucks but not being used properly ? Where would you use her ? Mitchell has produced this season as a #2 pick . #4 has not , and #5 has . Thus the reason it seems like a bonehead move , you should be fascinated by that right ?

I agree with WNBA 09.....Mitchell is producing at a high level for a rookie.So Pokey gets a pass.The reason why there's so much backlash against Chicago for drafting Gabby is because they needed a PF...Sure,Stevens likes to play away from the basket,but she's still capable of scoring in the post.Gabby has no post up game.But more importantly.Stevens has the potential to be an elite level defender at the PF postion.Gabby on the other hand is a defensive liability at PF.Stevens would've made Chicago a more balanced team on both ends of the court...That being said,I believe Gabby will be a huge asset coming off the bench for Chicago.

Last 2 gms off the bench for Gabby:9.5p/3r/2a/2s/1b/53% fg in 18 mpg.

Moving Gabby to the bench is already paying off.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/11/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I agree with WNBA 09

Of course, you two have been the main culprits. Laughing

zune69 wrote:
I agree with WNBA 09.....Mitchell is producing at a high level for a rookie.So Pokey gets a pass.

LOL.

zune69 wrote:
The reason why there's so much backlash against Chicago for drafting Gabby is because they needed a PF

Absolutely, the level of continuing to point it out has been at an elite level, you would think Stevens is putting up 20 and 10 down there in Dallas. I like Stevens though, for what its worth.

zune69 wrote:
...That being said,I believe Gabby will be a huge asset coming off the bench for Chicago.

I hope so. Hopefully Stocks is done with the starting experiment. Laughing

zune69

PostPosted: 07/11/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

Of course, you two have been the main culprits. Laughing .

Nah,I've never been a Gabby detractor...Just very vocal at the idea of her being a starting PF,or Being better than Diamond DeShields.

mavcarter wrote:
LOL. .

First 11 gms Mitchell avg 17.5 ppg....I think KM has hit the rookie wall.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/11/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stevens has had to prove herself from the bench on a fairly stacked team. Mitchell hasn't needed to do that. Pokey basically set Mitchell out to do the same as she did in college.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/11/18 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

So you’re pretty much saying she only played at a high level for the first 11 games? I thought you were referencing the whole body of work.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/11/18 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:

So you’re pretty much saying she only played at a high level for the first 11 games? I thought you were referencing the whole body of work.

So mav, Shes not being used properly ? She's being used as a 4 but shouldn't be used as a starting 4 ? So basically you dont believe she's good enough to start in this league to which kind of proves the point i made about her not being Lottery talent. Laughing Laughing

To my earlier post i meant to say #6 has produced i forget Canada was #5 . #6 has produced playing PF and still is also not being used properly Laughing "See Drop Dead" . How long before you stop blaming the coach and look at the player's skill set ?

Im not a culprate BTW , i just live in reality where i can SEE a good player and also SEE a player who needs alot of work. All the talk of how Gabby was better than Diamond during the offseason and i stood firm with my beliefs and now theyre playing out as expected . Just dont see those posters who had that outrageous thought saying anything anymore of course So its fun to rub it in i guess. Nothing personal though i love Gabby the person , but would i want her on my Team or Nahhhhhhh Embarassed Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One only needs faith the size of a mustard seed to move a mountain.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: