8%  [ 1 ]
Wings
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 12

tfan

PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.

Who is the 3rd best player on Dallas?

pilight

PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.

Karima Christmas...

PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I would say a healthy Glory Johnson, who is one of the few players in the league that can average a double-double.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gulich really needs to be getting more playing time, especially with Lyttle out.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 07/10/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Glory Johnson...Career 13.2p/8.3r....2 time All-star...and only 27 years old......Yeah,Bonner has the edge on Glory....But what about players 4-thru 9?.....Dallas has 9 players that are capable of scoring 10+ pts...How many does Phoenix have?...6?..without Sancho..5?..and the Wings are only getting better.

Phoenix is in trouble.They have no depth.

Mojo

PostPosted: 07/10/18 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Glory Johnson...Career 13.2p/8.3r....2 time All-star...and only 27 years old......Yeah,Bonner has the edge on Glory....But what about players 4-thru 9?.....Dallas has 9 players that are capable of scoring 10+ pts...How many does Phoenix have?...6?..without Sancho..5?..and the Wings are only getting better.

Zune, I agree with you, but when Taurasi is on the court she has the capability to take out Cambage with two fouls in 11 seconds (previous game). Dallas is in the process of melding a young team. I love this team. LA has interesting depth as does Connecticut and Dallas. After the starters, Glory, Skylar, Liz, Gray, you've got Thornton, Stevens, Powers, and by the time you get to Davis, Plaisance yet to come... yeah, I'm a big time fan, except for Fred I will ease off on Fred when he produces a 20 game winner team. Tonight's game was a good example of team contribution play

zune69

PostPosted: 07/10/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
zune69 wrote:
tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Zune, I agree with you, but when Taurasi is on the court she has the capability to take out Cambage with two fouls in 11 seconds (previous game). Dallas is in the process of melding a young team. I love this team. LA has interesting depth as does Connecticut and Dallas. After the starters, Glory, Skylar, Liz, Gray, you've got Thornton, Stevens, Powers, and by the time you get to Davis, Plaisance yet to come... yeah, I'm a big time fan, except for Fred I will ease off on Fred when he produces a 20 game winner team. Tonight's game was a good example of team contribution play

As long as Dallas keeps blowing teams out,we won't have to worry about Fred making tough decisions.I'll give Fred his credit when Dallas wins a round in the playoffs.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 07/11/18 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Same after reviewing the schedule i expect 21-23 Wins. May be good enough for a 3 or 4 seed possibly 2!

You really think the Wings can win 10-12 more games? They are 11-8 now and their next two games are on the road against the Sparks and the Storm. I just looked at rest of their remaining schedule, and I think they have a shot at winning 19 or 20 games.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/11/18 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Same after reviewing the schedule i expect 21-23 Wins. May be good enough for a 3 or 4 seed possibly 2!

You really think the Wings can win 10-12 more games? They are 11-8 now and their next two games are on the road against the Sparks and the Storm. I just looked at rest of their remaining schedule, and I think they have a shot at winning 19 or 20 games.

Why not?....There's 15 games left in the season...Glory/Powers are coming off of injuries.They're only getting stronger...Gray/Stevens are only getting better.

Code:
Player           First 10 gms      Last 9 gms
Gray:              8.2 ppg          10.8 ppg
Stevens:           5.4 ppg          11.6 ppg

Stevens has reached double digits in 7 of her last 9 gms.Gray has reached double digits in 5 of her last 9 gms,and scored 9 pts twice during that stretch...I hate to say this,but the injuries to Christmas,Johnson and Powers was a blessing..It's forced Fred to play Stevens more minutes.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/11/18 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this a legal play? You can’t be distracting Griner like that.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1016847100145909760/pu/vid/1280x720/-VtGyQR46TOhhJS2.mp4

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 07/11/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1016847100145909760/pu/vid/1280x720/-VtGyQR46TOhhJS2.mp4

Why did the Merc only have two people in the block?

PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So where's the "Fred's-an-idiot" chorus today?

PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

Exactly what I was wondering when I was watching that happen live. It's such a fundamental thing.

PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

Because Brondello's an idiot...Not just for the mediocre coaching job that she's done,but for the terrible job she's done as the VPPP(Vice President of Player Personal)

1.Traded Harrison & the 5th pk in 2017 draft for D.Robinson(Coming of major injury)

2.Traded D.Robinson for B.January(Coming off Injury)...and traded the 8th pk for minnesota's 12th pk as part of the deal...Why are you trading down to get a player who's coming of an injury?...Phoenix could've drafted Vivians,Brown,Nurse,or Vadeeva......But knowing Brondello,I doubt that any of the aforementioned players would have seen much playing time.

3.Traded Courtney Williams,J.Alleyne, & a 2017 2nd rd pk(13th overall) to Connecticut for K.Bone.

4.Traded C.Dupree for Camille Little and J.Alleyne.

5.Didn't give Alexis Prince a fair chance even when she played well.

Imagine if Phoenix had Dupree,Williams,Harrison,the #5 pk from the 2017 draft,and the #8 pk from the 2018 draft?

G-Mitchell
G-Taurasi
C-Griner
F-Dupree
F-Bonner
6-Williams
7-Harrison
8-#5 pk 2017(Sykes,Coffey,Davis,Jones)
9-#8 pk 2018(Vivians,Brown,Nurse,Vadeeva)
10-Sign Veteran post
11-Sign veteran PG
12-Sign vetetan wing or post

Phoenix would've had 4 Rookie scale contracts.That would have left plenty of money to sign 3 veteran bench players.

Just a terrible job by Phoenix.

Last edited by zune69 on 07/11/18 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 07/11/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Dallas arguably has the best center in the league,the best PG in the league,a double-double machine in Johnson,plus multiple lottery picks...When it come to talent,Dallas is top 3 in the league.The Wings should be better than 11-8...Coach Williams will get his credit when Dallas wins playoff series/round.

Also,I believe Phillips and McWilliams are the main reasons why Cambage has played so great.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/11/18 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Dallas arguably has the best center in the league,the best PG in the league,a double-double machine in Johnson,plus multiple lottery picks...When it come to talent,Dallas is top 3 in the league.The Wings should be better than 11-8...Coach Williams will get his credit when Dallas wins playoff series/round.

Also,I believe Phillips and McWilliams are the main reasons why Cambage has played so great.

Ill sing praise for Fred once we win 5 or 6 games in a row along with winning a close game down the stretch mixed with a playoff win . Until then Drop Dead lives. We got lucky last night with DT going out . Im not harping on that victory . We will see Thursday if we are seriously for real this time.

PostPosted: 07/11/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Ill sing praise for Fred once we win 5 or 6 games in a row along with winning a close game down the stretch mixed with a playoff win . Until then Drop Dead lives. We got lucky last night with DT going out . Im not harping on that victory . We will see Thursday if we are seriously for real this time.

+1

Dallas should beat a Taurasi-less Mercury team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: