RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trade proposal thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So wait, if the rumor was correct, Williams gets punished for the altercation, but it’s Bentley that gets traded?

Maybe Williams wasn’t being punished but was so mad that she sat out saying it’s either her or me.

In any case, nice culture you got brewing there, Miller. Laughing

Quote:
The Dream included the Sun’s original second-round selection acquired in a 2018 Draft Day trade with Connecticut for Bria Holmes.

Collen must have felt guilty about screwing over Miller in the Holmes trade. They ended up with a promising Billings. That’s more than adequate compensation for Holmes. Bentley for Clarendon straight up seems fair enough.

Do you get the feeling Collen and Miller only feel comfortable trading with each other? Will it get to the point that team owners will have to vote on their trades?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We are quickly becoming Sun South. We already have Williams, Monty and now Bentley. I just wish J. Jones and Chiney would get in a fight. Razz

Shades

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Definitely some ATL-CON collusion going down, even before the transfer of Collen and Sienko.

I thought JJones was pretty tight with Bentley, but you have enough trees in ATL.

Seemed like Banham was tight with Bentley. Banham for Dietrick straight up?

Randy

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Definitely some ATL-CON collusion going down, even before the transfer of Collen and Sienko.

I thought JJones was pretty tight with Bentley, but you have enough trees in ATL.

Seemed like Banham was tight with Bentley. Banham for Dietrick straight up?

Works for me.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
So wait, if the rumor was correct, Williams gets punished for the altercation, but it’s Bentley that gets traded?

Maybe Williams wasn’t being punished but was so mad that she sat out saying it’s either her or me.

In any case, nice culture you got brewing there, Miller. Laughing

Bobby Portis punches Nikola Mirotic, breaking bones in Mirotic's face
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bobby-portis-punches-nikola-mirotic-breaking-bones-mirotics-face

Bobby Portis suspended 8 games for punching teammate Nikola Mirotic in face
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/18/16497832/bobby-portis-suspended-apology-bulls-fight-nikola-mirotic

Chicago Bulls trade Nikola Mirotic to New Orleans Pelicans
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/30/report-chicago-bulls-trading-nikola-mirotic-new-orleans-pelicans-draft-pick-omer

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plus we really don't know what the hell happened. Just because one player is the one away from the team, doesn't necessarily mean she was the one at fault.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Plus we really don't know what the hell happened. Just because one player is the one away from the team, doesn't necessarily mean she was the one at fault.

But it does make her look guilty. Smile

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 07/09/18 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

SCook

PostPosted: 07/09/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since Phx has a rebounding problem and BG clearly doesn't want to make an effort to solve it.

Why not trade her to Dallas for Cambage and Glory Johnson? It's not like she brings much to the table that they don't anyways.

The rebounding problem is solved and the other big girl gets to block all the shots she wants without having to snag a rebound and Dallas' defense gets better.

Problem solved for everyone.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I highly doubt Johnson would be willing to play in Phoenix. And Cambage, that just wouldn't be fair.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SCook

PostPosted: 07/09/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I highly doubt Johnson would be willing to play in Phoenix. And Cambage, that just wouldn't be fair.

😂😂😂😂😂 I just wanted to troll for a bit

PostPosted: 07/09/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

But it does make her look guilty. Smile

It does and it makes me wonder what exactly is happening. If she does come back and play then was being away her punishment? It's a weird situation.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My completely uneducated guess is: CWill was at fault, the issue was specifically between her and Bentley, not affecting other players on the team, and the Sun just decided Williams was more valuable.

Makes sense to me, idk

basketballologist

PostPosted: 07/10/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles receive:
Carolyn Swords

Las Vegas receive:
2019 2nd round pick

Why LA make this trade?
1. Against bigger centers Carolyn is a better body
2. Parker is finesse, Ogwumike is undersized, Lavender is soft, Vadeeva is inexperienced.
3. At times in the game if you wanna go big, you can put Parker and Ogwumike at the 3

Why LV make this trade?
1. She's useless in Vegas
2. She'll be even more us less when Harrison return
3. LV are young and they probably can package that 2nd round pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/10/18 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m trying to get a handle on Swords being a puzzle piece for the Sparks but useless for Las Vegas. I hate to help Toler out, but if they can wait till next season, the Sparks can probably get Swords for free. But I’m pretty sure they can find better options by then.

basketballologist

PostPosted: 07/10/18 5:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m trying to get a handle on Swords being a puzzle piece for the Sparks but useless for Las Vegas. I hate to help Toler out, but if they can wait till next season, the Sparks can probably get Swords for free. But I’m pretty sure they can find better options by then.

Now don't quote me when I say that she's a defensive stopper. That's not what I'm saying. But at 6'6, she'll be an experienced big body post that can come in and give our bigs at the post some serviceable minutes. She could be somewhat of a factor against the likes of Fowles, Cambage and Griner

Randy

PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords has not done much now for 2 seasons and you can't blame the coach this year. In her career year she played 17.5 minutes 5/5. And has just gone down from there.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Swords has not done much now for 2 seasons and you can't blame the coach this year. In her career year she played 17.5 minutes 5/5. And has just gone down from there.

something something can't teach height something something

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas would take that trade. Right now they've only got a first round pick in 2019. Swords is playing 10.8 mpg, with 1.8 ppg and 3.5 rpg.

ETA: How soon do you want her? We'll throw in her airfare.

basketballologist

PostPosted: 07/10/18 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Vegas would take that trade. Right now they've only got a first round pick in 2019. Swords is playing 10.8 mpg, with 1.8 ppg and 3.5 rpg.

ETA: How soon do you want her? We'll throw in her airfare.

She wasn't too bad tonight

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/10/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still offer

Prince for IMS

(Or any guard not named Nurse)

Atlanta looks like it is win now mode. With the trade of Clarendon Prince could be the back up at the 2, and Bentley could back up the 2/3 basically always playing the 2 behind Sykes/Hays, or when Sliding Sykes/Hayes over when Angel goes out.

NY frees up minutes for Nurse and Boyd

and get IMS for half a season to see if she can do anything. If yes we have a youngwe/bigger post to replace Vaughn next season, if no we still have freed up guard minutes for Nurse and aren't likely to make the playoffs either way, so it doesn't hurt our lottery chances.

Also ISM good streak seems to have come to an end with the return of Williams and her return to 5-12 minutes a night of the bench

zune69

PostPosted: 07/11/18 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix could use some offensive punch off the bench and a backup veteran post

Prince,Vaughn & the 2019 2nd pk for Turner,Robinson & the Mercury's 2019 1st rd pk.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/11/18 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Phoenix could use some offensive punch off the bench and a backup veteran post

Prince,Vaughn & the 2019 2nd pk for Turner,Robinson & the Mercury's 2019 1st rd pk.

Regardless of whether they'd want to do that, it's likely two high-end salaries for two low-end ones. No way Phoenix can fit that in, considering they're already having to wait just to fit in a 12th player.

PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just not sure Epiphanny Prince is worth that much ...

A 30-year-old career 40% shooter overall who is having what appears to be a once-in-a-career season from three-point distance might be worth a roll of the dice, but note she doesn't rebound and doesn't get to the line any more. She's an OK defender, and of course might play better on a better team with more intensity, but all in all, she's a gamble.

And IMS, at 23 with serious athleticism, seems to me to be much more valuable, especially if you look at the career of her half-brother (I believe) JaVale. The light went on for him with the Warriors and he was an important piece on a championship team, and had some big games in big spots.

Now if Prince were 25, maybe this makes sense ...

PostPosted: 07/11/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I still offer

Prince for IMS

(Or any guard not named Nurse)

Atlanta looks like it is win now mode. With the trade of Clarendon Prince could be the back up at the 2, and Bentley could back up the 2/3 basically always playing the 2 behind Sykes/Hays, or when Sliding Sykes/Hayes over when Angel goes out.

NY frees up minutes for Nurse and Boyd

and get IMS for half a season to see if she can do anything. If yes we have a youngwe/bigger post to replace Vaughn next season, if no we still have freed up guard minutes for Nurse and aren't likely to make the playoffs either way, so it doesn't hurt our lottery chances.

Also ISM good streak seems to have come to an end with the return of Williams and her return to 5-12 minutes a night of the bench

Why would ATL need prince when they just picked up Bentley ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: