Sleeper-Dallas

I see it as

Seattle
Phoenix
Los Angeles

PostPosted: 07/07/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Dallas needs more players to make up for the coach? What player do they need?

They need more talent to match the more talented teams. Dallas has no National Team members (Cambage would not have beat out Fowles or Griner if American). Lynx have 4 and Mercury and Storm have 2.

If you're more realistic about what Minnesota/Phoenix/Dallas have right now, they each have one star center, one star perimeter player, and varying levels of supporting pieces. Whether or not they've played for Team USA is pretty freaking irrelevant.

PostPosted: 07/07/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Teams with the highest chances of winning the Championship imo..In no order:

Minnesota
Los Angeles
Seattle
Phoenix

Sleeper-Dallas

Minnesota won the most recent game they played against LA, Seattle and Phoenix. They are only 2 games out in the loss column from being at the top. I'm more inclined to ignore the Indiana loss than the wins over the other contenders.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/07/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota is sneaking into the top 4. Connecticut & Washington are 5 & 6, Dallas #7. #8 might be Vegas. Dallas could upset Washington and then possibly upset whoever ends up as the #3 seed.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/07/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

They need more talent to match the more talented teams. Dallas has no National Team members (Cambage would not have beat out Fowles or Griner if American). Lynx have 4 and Mercury and Storm have 2.

If you're more realistic about what Minnesota/Phoenix/Dallas have right now, they each have one star center, one star perimeter player, and varying levels of supporting pieces. Whether or not they've played for Team USA is pretty freaking irrelevant.

Yeah i agree. Cambage is contending for best center in the league and Diggins is contending for best PG in the league. 2 MVP candidates on 1 team just like the Mercury (Griner and DT) and the Lynx (Maya and Fowles)

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ucbart

PostPosted: 07/07/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yeah i agree. Cambage is contending for best center in the league and Diggins is contending for best PG in the league. 2 MVP candidates on 1 team just like the Mercury (Griner and DT) and the Lynx (Maya and Fowles)

I have a hard time buying Diggins-Smith as making her case as top PG in the league when IMO, she does nothing to make her teammates better. She shoots....A LOT and I'm sorry, Cambage is so freaking good that I could make her look like the best center in the W just as much as SDS has.

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 07/07/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

I have a hard time buying Diggins-Smith as making her case as top PG in the league when IMO, she does nothing to make her teammates better. She shoots....A LOT and I'm sorry, Cambage is so freaking good that I could make her look like the best center in the W just as much as SDS has.

I agree. She's a really good PG, but there are several who are unquestionably better.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/08/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

I agree. She's a really good PG, but there are several who are unquestionably better.

Thats why i say she is condending with the likes of Sloot and Gray. But with the numbers she is putting up you cant say that they dont have a star center and a star perimeter player..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/08/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

This is such a vague point that it's impossible to make any sort of counter-arguments.

I'll just be over here waiting for Skylar to get another 1st Team All-WNBA nod as she's top 10 in scoring and top 5 in assists again.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/08/18 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

This is such a vague point that it's impossible to make any sort of counter-arguments.

I'll just be over here waiting for Skylar to get another 1st Team All-WNBA nod as she's top 10 in scoring and top 5 in assists again.

Yeah i dont think Uc watches the wings much. So ill just let her game do the talking.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: