Total Votes : 15

Randy

PostPosted: 07/07/18 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
This is a must-lose game.

Well - worse luck next time.....

zune69

PostPosted: 07/07/18 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great job by the Chicago sky...Stocks finally started the right combination...Very good games from Sloot/Quigley...34 points from the bench including 10 points from Gabby...And how about Diamond’s defense on M.Moore?...Maya shot 7-16,but was 5-14 when Diamond was on the court….Diamond only took 6 shots for the second consecutive game...But she had a very good all-around performance-8p/7r/4a/2s/3-6/2-3 and played great defense in 32 minutes.

adamj95

PostPosted: 07/07/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx lost by 24 in chicago last season, 14 points this year. So next year we should lose by 4?

PostPosted: 07/07/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Lynx lost by 24 in Chicago last season, 14 points this year. So next year we should lose by 4?

Lost to Indy, lost to Chicago. Still ended up champions.

Didn't seem like a good game plan for this game, if there was one.
The plan should have been go to Fowles early and often. 7 shots in the whole game doesn't cut it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sigur3

PostPosted: 07/07/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
This is a must-lose game.

Well - worse luck next time.....

Fuck this! The Sky suddenly want to play defense now??? What a ripoff!

Howee

PostPosted: 07/07/18 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
congrats to Diamond. She's playing sooo much better than I thought she would as a rookie. Good for Chicago!

Minny looking old and slow.

Hmmm....'member how you always dissed/underestimated Miss Tamera Young, back in the day? I'd lost my faith in your prognostications after that, my darling Myrtlicious. But. Other than that, my respect for you is intact. Razz

PostPosted: 07/08/18 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond making a case to be on all defensive team. Stopping Angel and Maya is something this league has not seen on that end.

PostPosted: 07/08/18 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
congrats to Diamond. She's playing sooo much better than I thought she would as a rookie. Good for Chicago!

Diamond's behind the back to Gabby may have been one of the best of the season. The whole play was a thing of beauty.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/08/18 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Diamond making a case to be on all defensive team. Stopping Angel and Maya is something this league has not seen on that end.

+1

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 07/08/18 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Hmmm....'member how you always dissed/underestimated Miss Tamera Young, back in the day? I'd lost my faith in your prognostications after that, my darling Myrtlicious. But. Other than that, my respect for you is intact. Razz

HA ha ha! I’ve generally Been completely aligned with Myrtle’s musings! ESPECIALLY the views on TYoung!!!

Sloot is such a stud! I ❤️ her!

zune69

PostPosted: 07/08/18 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Gabby scored the basket after hitting Maya with the crossover.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/08/18 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why did Sylvia Fowles get only seven shots?

Diamond DeShields appears to be focusing her undeniable talent -- if this continues, she's going to be a star.

But, like the Sparks, the Lynx have no reason to be particularly interested in the regular season. All that matters is winning that last series ...

PostPosted: 07/08/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Diamond DeShields appears to be focusing her undeniable talent -- if this continues, she's going to be a star.

But, like the Sparks, the Lynx have no reason to be particularly interested in the regular season. All that matters is winning that last series ...

Best-of-1 is extremely volatile, and not having to play any is a huge boon to any team. And I don't believe for a second that teams led by Nneka Ogwumike and Maya Moore would do any coasting unless the games were literally meaningless.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/08/18 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Complacency might come back to bite them, though. As long as they are top 4 it may not matter, home court is worth something even to LA and MN in the longer series. Minnesota beat LA, Phoenix and the Storm in their last meeting but loses to the Sky and Fever.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/08/18 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Complacency might come back to bite them, though. As long as they are top 4 it may not matter, home court is worth something even to LA and MN in the longer series. Minnesota beat LA, Phoenix and the Storm in their last meeting but loses to the Sky and Fever.

Playoff wise im not too confident LA Or Minny Can win a 1 and done then 2 possible 5 game series to win a title. The #1 & 2 seeds need to be a priority for the golden girls especially.

PostPosted: 07/08/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like its been decades since either Minnesota or LA had 8 losses in a regular season. Its likely they both end up with 11-14 losses if they cant find some type of consistency down the stretch. After ASG the sprint to the finish should be fun to watch all over the league.

PostPosted: 07/08/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Playoff wise im not too confident LA Or Minny Can win a 1 and done then 2 possible 5 game series to win a title. The #1 & 2 seeds need to be a priority for the golden girls especially.

The one and done may result in teeth marks in the Lynx or Sparks rear end(s).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: