27%  [ 5 ]
Wings
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 18

tfan

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Achonwa does seem to be on the receiving end of flagrant fouls more than any other player.

Probably too nice a person which puts her low in the pecking order.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Screw ESPN and K.Douglas

They said Stewart,Taurasi and EDD are the top 3 candidates for MVP....There was no mention of Cambage.......21p/10r/2b/2a/59% deserves a mention.

*face palm*

Douglas chose three players that play for the top three teams in the league, yes screw her. Laughing

Dallas is in 7th place, I'm still not seeing why ESPN or anyone should mention players that could lose literally two games and be out of the playoffs for MVP..

Dallas' 9-8 record is a bit skewed.They've played 9 games against 4 of the top 5 teams in the league(Sea,Phoe,Minn,and LA)....I believe the wings will finish the season strong(11-6)...If they win 20 games,Cambage will be in the hunt for MVP.

How dare she not consider your imagined outcome for future games when giving her opinion on the top three candidates right now. What a shady lady.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dallas' 9-8 record is a bit skewed.

Their schedule has been difficult, but expectations (especially by Wings fans) were set pretty high for this team.

zune69 wrote:
They've played 9 games against 4 of the top 5 teams in the league(Sea,Phoe,Minn,and LA)

2-7 against those teams, which makes it harder for me to make a case for her.

zune69 wrote:
....I believe the wings will finish the season strong(11-6)...If they win 20 games,Cambage will be in the hunt for MVP.

Absolutely, but I guess Douglas mentioned her top 3 right now.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings should be a 5/6 seed, especially if the Sun keep slipping. Wings definitely have the talent to make an upset or two in the playoffs.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wings should be a 5/6 seed, especially if the Sun keep slipping. Wings definitely have the talent to make an upset or two in the playoffs.

+1 i think our ceiling is 3/4 seed but i expect 5-6 as well . If we can avoid the Lynx in the playoffs i like our chances against the rest of the league . Sparks included . We just dont seem to matchup well with minnesota our minds become timid for some odd reason .

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

Their schedule has been difficult, but expectations (especially by Wings fans) were set pretty high for this team.

Expectations was set high for the team,but not for Coach Williams...He's cost Dallas 3 wins IMO...Dallas should be 12-5 .......Dallas would have the 2nd best record in the league right now.

mavcarter wrote:
2-7 against those teams, which makes it harder for me to make a case for her.

Washington's only 1-5 against the same teams(1-3 w EDD)

I'm not saying Cambage is the MVP.....But again,20p/10r deserves a mention.

Last edited by zune69 on 07/06/18 10:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Randy

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

+1 i think our ceiling is 3/4 seed but i expect 5-6 as well . If we can avoid the Lynx in the playoffs i like our chances against the rest of the league . Sparks included . We just dont seem to matchup well with minnesota our minds become timid for some odd reason .

Kind of like two year old boys that are afraid of monsters or something?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Expectations was set high for the team,but not for Coach Williams...He's cost Dallas 3 wins IMO...Dallas should be 12-5 .......Dallas would have the 2nd best record in the league right now.

This is why I don't like the "should be" arguments. I can make that same case for a couple of other players.

zune69 wrote:
Washington's only 1-5 against the same teams(1-3 w EDD)

Trust me, I'm not high on EDD either. I have Stewart, Taurasi, Griner, and everyone else.

zune69 wrote:
I'm not saying Cambage is the MVP.....But again,20p/10r deserves a mention.

Mention on this board and on WNBA's top 10? Yes.

Mention on National Television when they only had time to include the top 3? That I don't know..

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/06/18 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's become clear that Tiffany Mitchell just isn't that good. Then again, the ninth overall pick generally doesn't deliver much more than this ...

A question: Dallas announced 4,000 -- how close is that to reality?

PostPosted: 07/06/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I think it's become clear that Tiffany Mitchell just isn't that good. Then again, the ninth overall pick generally doesn't deliver much more than this ...

A question: Dallas announced 4,000 -- how close is that to reality?

ID say it was more around 3500 , Indiana doesn't really bring out the kids with no house hold names . AND YES Tiffany Mitchell is the most Non-aggressive non-shooting guard ive ever seen . Shes too predictable and just forces alot of dumb shots . Id be looking to move on from her as well .

PostPosted: 07/06/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings attendance seems pretty close. Their arena only holds 7,200 and the upper tier holds ~2,000. So when that's closed off, reporting 4,000 seems accurate.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really enjoy watching the Wing's play. Even if they don't win we still get a good game.
they play hard the whole game and never give up.

I don't have a team in my city so I like a few teams like the Sun, the Aces etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: