Liberty
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/04/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Assuming that Stokes isn't 100%, I agree with the starting lineup for the rest of 2018 posted above by J-Spoon: Charles, Nurse, Zahui B., Boyd, and Hartley. And, apart from who starts, those are the five players I'd like to see get the most minutes (unless Stokes is healthy).

Yes I like this line up for a few reason. If Stokes is hurt our defense is going to struggle but maybe we can put some more points on the board.This is probably our best offensive line up. Boyd needs to have scoring threat at all other position to be at her most effective. If we are looking to the future Nurse needs as much development as possible and we need to find out now if Boyd and Zahui B are keepers, both enter RFA after this season so we need to know if we are willing to pay to keep them or move on. I like Hartley, and she is the only other guard who is still on the younger side and is likely still under contract so she is still going to be around next season I would love to see her develop into an off the bench combo guard/instant offense kind of role for the future.

I completely agree. I like Hartley, but I view her ideally neither as a starter nor as a point guard. Indeed, she might do better next season if it's clear that she doesn't have to even think about playing point guard. Off the bench at #2, adding an offensive spark--that's how I'd like to see her in 2019.

PostPosted: 07/04/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I never said she was EDD. Just making the point that players who fit a certain “mold” get the “poor D” label. If anything I’d say she’s more suited to defend the SF than EDD. Her mobility is underrated and being a long-strider will help her avoid foul calls that shorter players and shorter striders get. I like the physical prototype to defend the 3 spot. Those strides and wingspan take up a lot of space.

Oh and which players were shooting over KLS regularly in college? Must have resulted in huge losing streaks for UConn. Laughing

The real competition had no issues . Not that weird conference they play in which makes them look unbeatable until they lose in the final 4 . Jackie young & Arike made KLS look like chicken noodle soup in that Final 4 matchup. Geno went zone alot more this past season because he knew he had to figure out a way to Hide KLS on defense to an advantage for his team . Geno has said this , he's the horse so im not sure why that seems unbelievable , but so be it . KLS will have some of the same troubles as Azura when it comes to adjusting on the defensive end but not sure if it matters to be 6"3 with long strides and not be able to guard post players . Rolling Eyes Either way you can have KLS hopefully that works out for the liberty next season .

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 07/04/18 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
toad455

PostPosted: 07/04/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This conversation needs to head over to the 2018 Liberty thread.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/05/18 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll have more commentary about Samuelson in the Libs' team thread.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: