47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Aces
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/02/18 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to say that what Parker has done has worked pretty well during a long and distinguished career from high school on up.

She is not the perfect player, but she's awfully damn good, and though I have criticized her for defensive inattention as well, looking back, I feel I was just expecting perfection and thus couldn't see the excellence.

PostPosted: 07/02/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I have to say that what Parker has done has worked pretty well during a long and distinguished career from high school on up.

She is not the perfect player, but she's awfully damn good, and though I have criticized her for defensive inattention as well, looking back, I feel I was just expecting perfection and thus couldn't see the excellence.

Exclamation Exclamation

So, so true! I remember watching her for years killing herself, dragging LA through the season. Trying to do and be everything...wearing herself and everyone else out...particularly in the playoffs.... Think about how she came into the league. It was awesome! I wasn't watching college ball at the time and didn't know who she was but she woke me up in her very first game as a pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCks-kBfKc

She has to be one of the most scrutinized players. It's understandable on some level but still interesting. How she's done what she's done is pretty spectacular given the multiple knee injuries, shoulder injuries, giving birth and being one of the...if not the most recognizable face of the league and women's bball period is amazing. None of our elite players have accomplished what she has while having to overcome the physical challenges that she has (and I don't think she's 100% now). Everyone fights through fatigue and nagging injuries, but largely DT, Maya, Lisa, Tina Thompson, Birdy, Coop, Swoopes....stayed comparatively healthy throughout their careers. She drives me nuts at times, no doubt and I want her to be engaged and active at all times, but that's not what she does (Catchings called it a switch CP seems to turn off and on) and as much as I yell through my TV, it always doesn't work! llol! I'd like to see her do more defensively and keep moving during offensive sets, but hey what can I do! Coach definitely takes her out when she needs a sit down...lol!

The truth is that a two way player (great on offense and defense is extremely rare)... .and I don't expect perfection from her. I'd like to see more from her but that is why her and Nneka are such a great pair. It's not just the high-low, it's the intangibles in their connection. She's finesse and Nneka is heart and hustle. Btw, Sue Favor just wrote an article about the two of them: https://issuu.com/signaturemoves007/docs/signature_moves-2?e=33873259/62848146

I've been riding with the Sparks since the beginning and we've had some lean years, some heartbreaking years and the journey has been both challenging and beautiful. For CP, I just know when she's on and engaged, it's a beautiful thing and I love those moments.

willtalk

PostPosted: 07/02/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The truth is that a two way player (great on offense and defense is extremely rare)... .and I don't expect perfection from her. I'd like to see more from her but that is why her and Nneka are such a great pair. It's not just the high-low, it's the intangibles in their connection. She's finesse and Nneka is heart and hustle. Btw, Sue Favor just wrote an article about the two of them: https://issuu.com/signaturemoves007/docs/signature_moves-2?e=33873259/62848146------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one can get the ball to Nika on the block like Parker can. That tandem is virtually unstoppable. That high low two player game is exactly what Parker excels at. That is what she should be doing and focusing on with the Sparks. As I stated, when Nika was out it appeared she was looking for some other way to act the distributor. But unless it is in the context of her being a stationary passer like in the high low with Nika, she is not that good at creating shots for others off her own dribble in the half court. That is where she disrupts the offensive flow. Except off of breaks she basically only creates for herself off the dribble. Thats why the ball needs to be in the hands of the guards more.

In the past when they had Tolivar at the point it made sense for her to be the primary ball handler, but not with this present team. She can be much more valuable as an off guard/highpost option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: