RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DC Monumental Sports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suemar

PostPosted: 06/30/18 6:42 pm    ::: DC Monumental Sports Reply Reply with quote

Suck. Period. Thanks for blocking the game tonight. Guess it's officially time to switch teams. I've had it.

PostPosted: 06/30/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The random switches to the baseline cam when someone is driving to the hoop, zooming in on people's faces when there's a fast break, overhead shots where you can't see what's happening on the weak side...just awful.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 07/01/18 4:11 pm    ::: Re: DC Monumental Sports Reply Reply with quote

suemar wrote:
Suck. Period. Thanks for blocking the game tonight. Guess it's officially time to switch teams. I've had it.

I think it's awful that they do this, and awful that the WNBA allows any games (except nationally televised games) to be blocked on All Access (or whatever the heck they are calling it this year).

In the DC-area, this year at least some of the home games have been televised on NBC Sports Washington, which is a big plus. But no away games. And not last night's home game.

(PS: I think you meant to post this in the WNBA forum. Very Happy )

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 07/01/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
The random switches to the baseline cam when someone is driving to the hoop, zooming in on people's faces when there's a fast break, overhead shots where you can't see what's happening on the weak side...just awful.

Agreed, I think summer interns are running the broadcasts. At last night's game, I spoke to a communications person about the awful camera shots. In particular, I said that rule number one is that the camera has to allow viewers to follow the ball. I gave as an example the tons of free throws where the camera focuses on the shooter and stays there, and the viewer never sees whether the ball went in or not. C'mon, this is so basic that what they are doing is incomprehensible.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/02/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Agreed, I think summer interns are running the broadcasts. At last night's game, I spoke to a communications person about the awful camera shots. In particular, I said that rule number one is that the camera has to allow viewers to follow the ball. I gave as an example the tons of free throws where the camera focuses on the shooter and stays there, and the viewer never sees whether the ball went in or not. C'mon, this is so basic that what they are doing is incomprehensible.

In a lot of the streams of wcbb games the same problems occur. The reason for it is that the stream is what is being shown on the arena video display. That's why there are so many low shots from behind the basket and close-in shots of players while play is going on. The assumption is that you can watch the live action from your seat.

Last edited by linkster on 07/02/18 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/02/18 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do have League Pass but I am still disappointed with the number of games that are not shown on tv. I am glad to have LP but I do prefer to watch games on tv. I also think of the folks who do not or can not have LP. That is a lot of wnba fans who can not even see the games. There are only 12 teams in the w and there are 52 states where most folks do have tv. That is a ton of fans who don't have access to the games. It really bothers me that the w does not offer more games on tv

Opps, I should have posted this on wnba but I hope someone can move it to theree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: