26%  [ 5 ]
Sparks
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

zune69

PostPosted: 06/24/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Chicago, another low-performing team, still competes. Whatever anyone thinks of the Liberty, they unquestionably have more talent and depth than Chicago. NY isn't just losing. They lack energy and aren't competing at all, except for a handful of players who don't get to play enough minutes.

I totally disagree with the bolded.

Sloot,Quigley,Diamond,and Dolson could all start for the Liberty.....Then you still have Parker,NDour,Copper,and Faulkner.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/24/18 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NY starters score a measly 18 points. Bench scores 36. The five players who got the most minutes are Charles (27), Prince (24), AZB (23), Boyd (23) and Rodgers (18).

Katie sure seems puzzled as to who her best five players are. But is she alone in that puzzlement?
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/24/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's pretty clear who the top 3 are. Tina, Nurse, Zellous. Boyd is also playing really well, and looks to have grown into a truer PG. Their minutes should reflect that. After that, allocate the minutes according to who's hot, not just automatically to Piph, Rodgers or Vaughn if their performance isn't cutting it.

Edit to include that Boyd's 29% from the field is obviously low but she's at 4.3 assists in 14.5 minutes, which is pretty insane. That type of playmaking warrants more minutes.

PostPosted: 06/24/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Edit to include that Boyd's 29% from the field is obviously low but she's at 4.3 assists in 14.5 minutes, which is pretty insane. That type of playmaking warrants more minutes.

Boyd also has a stellar ATO of 3.8. She played well over the last 19 games of 2016 after working off the rust from her wrist injury. I'm only surprised at how quickly she bounced back this time. Except for her shooting, the rest of Boyd's game is pretty good. As I've said previously, if Brittany just made her lay-ups that would be enough for me.

As for the team, I see the same problems as before except they're now getting worse. It's on the coach -- she has to figure it out. No excuses.

PostPosted: 06/24/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder how much of the Liberty's problem is low morale due to being moved out of MSG? Would be pretty easy to think you have been sent down to the minor leagues or something like that.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/25/18 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For Sale : Once Proud WNBA Team
Now a Lottery Team
motivated seller !

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/25/18 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Chicago, another low-performing team, still competes. Whatever anyone thinks of the Liberty, they unquestionably have more talent and depth than Chicago. NY isn't just losing. They lack energy and aren't competing at all, except for a handful of players who don't get to play enough minutes.

I totally disagree with the bolded.

Sloot,Quigley,Diamond,and Dolson could all start for the Liberty.....Then you still have Parker,NDour,Copper,and Faulkner.

I agree with Zune, the Sky have more talent then the Liberty. They might not have a big star like Charles but they have one of the best PG's in the world in Sloot, solid scorer in Quigley, good post in Dolson and then a lot of good role players like Diamond, Parker and Faulkner. All those players are better then the Liberty 's players (except for Charles of course)..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 06/25/18 5:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i couldnt watch anymore after the first half - but stokes played 3ish minutes at the end of Q1... she played 3 minutes the rest of the game? wtf why?
piph 25 minutes and nurse 13?

boyd needs to start, nurse needs to start.
am i the only one who thinks boyd, nurse, zellous, charles and stokes should be the primary lineup?

something needs to change now. 5 games in 7 days - if they don't get at least 3 of the 5... season is over. this next week will make or break the season in my opinion. they are going to be in too deep of a hole.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 06/25/18 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice win for the Sparks. Not even their best so not sure whats up with the Liberty. Nurse either is afraid to shoot or can't get her shot off quick enough with someone close. Tina was harassed all game so they needed others to step up. Masha may have hit the 3 but she is struggling with the D, needs reps. Love the long line up, thought we moved the ball better. Keep rolling Sparks.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/25/18 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GFCgxEiDx1c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 06/25/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*dup*

Last edited by tfan on 06/25/18 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
jap

PostPosted: 06/25/18 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GFCgxEiDx1c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She was blanked against her old team in the first meeting with Dallas, and that just won't do. Both Riquna and Odyssey need to step up and show the Wings what they are missing. In fact, the entire team sans Nneka need assert their offensive/defensive games tomorrow night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: