RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 06/15/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vadeeva probably thinks that slow integration will be 5 min per game to start and 20 min by the end of the season. But the way Agler said it it sounds more like garbage time only, but be ready to shine when there is an injury.

willtalk

PostPosted: 06/16/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Also having Lavender and Vadeeva off the bench together is a pretty good combination. Lavender can open things up for Vadeeva down low

agree. the only reason to trade her would be to get a starter quality SF as Beard retires.

If Carson, Williams, Parker and other shooters are in the game they can open things up for Masha. Unless Lavender returns to her sixth man shooting level she really doesn't add that much to the team. Her height is only an advantage in the paint and she is not aggressive enough to fully take advantage of that on either end of the floor.

Unless they get something for her they might as well keep her on the team. What they really need to get is to trade her for a draft pick. They would have to package her to get a really good starter level player. Perhaps with a team that has multiple good players at one position. Best bet would be to trade her for a future pick and hope the team drops to make it a good one.

jap

PostPosted: 06/16/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Vadeeva probably thinks that slow integration will be 5 min per game to start and 20 min by the end of the season. But the way Agler said it it sounds more like garbage time only, but be ready to shine when there is an injury.

I don't know if Brian sees things your way. Masha is not a collegiate player coming to play her first pro season as a rookie. She is a seasoned, though very young, professional who has played against top talent abroad for some 3-4 seasons, including top WNBA talent.

Brian will probably be watching her closely to see how quickly she is adapting to the WNBA game, but do not be surprised if Masha is one of the first players off the bench . . . if not by season's end then perhaps by next season's start. It appears much easier to build up a player sho is already fundamentally sound than modifying the game of a player who has critical flaws imbedded in her game that needs to be rooted out.

PostPosted: 06/16/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Also having Lavender and Vadeeva off the bench together is a pretty good combination. Lavender can open things up for Vadeeva down low

agree. the only reason to trade her would be to get a starter quality SF as Beard retires.

Yes! Somehow we must convince Amber Stocks that Diamond DeShields really belongs in the Land of LaLa. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/16/18 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Yes! Somehow we must convince Amber Stocks that Diamond DeShields really belongs in the Land of LaLa. Laughing

How about signing Musina on the rumored 6/24 date, especially since she’s hanging out in California.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/16/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or Karlie maybe? Hmmmm....

http://lasportsaccess.com/could-karlie-samuelson-rejoin-la-sparks/

toad455

PostPosted: 06/16/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Or Karlie maybe? Hmmmm....

http://lasportsaccess.com/could-karlie-samuelson-rejoin-la-sparks/

It should be Samuelson. She knows the system. I think Musina ends up back in Phoenix.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 06/20/18 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I may be in town to see the game vs. the Liberty on the 24th, is there any place where season ticket holders (officially) can resell their tickets? The Storm has one, that's my only experience. TIA

meaning an official place online to buy tickets from season ticket holders (Storm has one)...

maybe axs won't allow it....

Last edited by threadkiller1201 on 06/21/18 2:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three questions with Candace Parker: Staying relaxed at the top (and ignoring Twitter trolls)
Quote:
I think when you’re having fun and you’re playing loose, then you’re at your best. Now, [head coach Brian Agler] might think something else. But that’s how I think.

https://www.yardbarker.com/wnba/articles/three_questions_with_candace_parker_staying_relaxed_at_the_top_and_ignoring_twitter_trolls/s1_13132_26664989

PostPosted: 06/24/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samuelson officially re-signed for remainder of season.

http://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-karlie-samuelson/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/24/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, kinda re-signed for the remainder of the season. Until the contract-guarantee point midway through the season they could still cut her for nothing.

PostPosted: 06/24/18 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pondexter can now go to the end of the bench. Stick with a 10 player rotation.

PG: Gray/[Sims]/Pondexter
SG: Sims/Williams/Wiese
SF: Beard/Carson/Samuelson
PF: Parker/Vadeeva
C: Ogwumike/Lavender

Spark could also attempt a big line-up with Parker at SF & Samuelson at SG.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 06/28/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Sparks Twitter, Pondexter was released. Can't say I am surprised as Cappie didn't get many minutes and didn't go much in those limited minutes. My hope is they bring in another big, a veteran or someone, for insurance. I would be okay with bringing Mistie Bass back.

Gray/Sims
Beard/Williams/Wiese
Carson/Samuelson
Ogwumike/Lavender
Parker/Vadeeva/NEW PLAYER
Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie being released could mean Wiese is finally ready to return. If they don’t add a player it would make more sense since it’s unlikely they’re really under cap.

If they do add a player, I wonder if they’d be able to add Dabovic?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/28/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Cappie being released could mean Wiese is finally ready to return. If they don’t add a player it would make more sense since it’s unlikely they’re really under cap.

If they do add a player, I wonder if they’d be able to add Dabovic?

Or Musina !

PostPosted: 06/28/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very strange, Cappie was doing the snapchat take over for the Sparks in Key arena and during shoot around. Looked like she wasnt informed untill the very very last minute

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 06/28/18 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does she land anywhere? Not many teams really need a SG, I guess.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/28/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So does she land anywhere? Not many teams really need a SG, I guess.

Hard to see why anyone would bother. If you were going to sign someone who'd play as poorly as she has the last couple of years, you'd surely go young in the hope that that player would improve.

Always the chance that LA re-sign her next Wednesday, I guess, once the contract guarantee date is out of the way. But I don't know if Cappie would be interested in the 7-day deals route.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, doesn't look like anyone needs Pondexter. Maybe Sparks bring in Dabovic or Musina?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's probably mostly poor performance combined with that guaranteed contract cutoff date, but it probably didn’t help to get into Candace Parker’s godsister’s face. Razz

Reeve, thank you for avoiding Cappie when everybody (except me) thought she’d be a good fit for the Lynx.

Last edited by Shades on 06/28/18 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 06/28/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Yeah, doesn't look like anyone needs Pondexter. Maybe Sparks bring in Dabovic or Musina?

As much I do like Dabovic, we need a big. I note that, according to Wikipedia, Musina is a 6'4 PF, so that could work. Also, a fellow countrywoman of Vadeeva. But, knowing Agler's preference for vets, let's sign a vet. Not that I would necessarily be an advocate for it, but could we be bringing Gruda over again? Hmm, not the worst (or best) option. She has talent, but Agler never plays her.
pilight

PostPosted: 06/28/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Cappie is done, this is a sad way for her illustrious career to end

PostPosted: 06/28/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Diarra is coming back? Wink

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/28/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
toad455 wrote:

As much I do like Dabovic, we need a big. I note that, according to Wikipedia, Musina is a 6'4 PF, so that could work. Also, a fellow countrywoman of Vadeeva. But, knowing Agler's preference for vets, let's sign a vet. Not that I would necessarily be an advocate for it, but could we be bringing Gruda over again? Hmm, not the worst (or best) option. She has talent, but Agler never plays her.

I'm not convinced Agler will agree that you need a big. You've got four proper ones now, and I think he kinda liked the lineups with Carson at the 4. Plus you've got 11 at this point anyway. They might just ride with that for a while and see what comes up later on.

Cutting a player before the contract guarantee deadline is usually about having flexibility with that 12th spot, rather than targetting anyone in particular.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why on earth did they have her travel, do the take over, constantly comment on her "style" if they were going to cut her?

pilight wrote:
If Cappie is done, this is a sad way for her illustrious career to end

I know it's a business but I truly hate how things go down for vets in this league. I was thinking about Latta earlier and please don't get me started on the "goodbye" or lack thereof the league did for Swoopes after all of the promo etc. she was doing for Seattle!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: