Race to MVP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/20/18 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
So if the Lynx start winning again, the the Storm start losing does that mean Fowles is an MVP candidate and Stewart isn't?

Exactly , Im sure posters will have a whole new outlook by next week Rolling Eyes

You mean, like the writers for WNBA.com does for Race to MVP? Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/20/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
According to W.Com sylvia's MVP contention has been hurt not only by the Lynx slew of losses but also her Turnovers per game have been the highest of any player. If this is a measuring stick then Stewie needs to be disqualified as well .

Total Turnovers

Sylvia Fowles 38
Kristi Toliver 35
Breanna Stewart 32

Sylvia Fowles has played in 10 games and averages 3.8 turnovers per game, Breanna Stewart has played in 11 games and averages 2.9 turnovers per game. Not seeing the correlation and why turnovers should affect Breanna the same way it is affecting Sylvia.

Why would it not ? 1 game makes a big difference ? Both are hurting their team with turnovers so if fowles is being held accountable for hers Same should be done too stewie .

Compare their stats and teamrecord and then you know why Fowles is not an MVP candidate and Stewart is..

p.s Probably half of Stewie's turnovers are offensive fouls. She needs to adjust her game a lil bit to provent most of those.

Comparing the team record would be your only fighting argument . Stat wise theres not much difference. Stewie averages a few more PPG while fowles average more Rebs per game .

A few more points Surprised I think leading the league in scoring with 22 pts per game and being 9th in the league in scoring with 18 pts per game is a big difference. Like a week ago Fowles averaged around the 16 pts per game

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
According to W.Com sylvia's MVP contention has been hurt not only by the Lynx slew of losses but also her Turnovers per game have been the highest of any player. If this is a measuring stick then Stewie needs to be disqualified as well .

Total Turnovers

Sylvia Fowles 38
Kristi Toliver 35
Breanna Stewart 32

Sylvia Fowles has played in 10 games and averages 3.8 turnovers per game, Breanna Stewart has played in 11 games and averages 2.9 turnovers per game. Not seeing the correlation and why turnovers should affect Breanna the same way it is affecting Sylvia.

Why would it not ? 1 game makes a big difference ? Both are hurting their team with turnovers so if fowles is being held accountable for hers Same should be done too stewie .

Compare their stats and teamrecord and then you know why Fowles is not an MVP candidate and Stewart is..

p.s Probably half of Stewie's turnovers are offensive fouls. She needs to adjust her game a lil bit to provent most of those.

Comparing the team record would be your only fighting argument . Stat wise theres not much difference. Stewie averages a few more PPG while fowles average more Rebs per game .

A few more points Surprised I think leading the league in scoring with 22 pts per game and being 9th in the league in scoring with 18 pts per game is a big difference. Like a week ago Fowles averaged around the 16 pts per game

How about rebounding ?

PostPosted: 06/20/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Total Turnovers

Sylvia Fowles 38
Kristi Toliver 35
Breanna Stewart 32

It has nothing to do with the amount of games each team has played, it has to do with the amount they are averaging. Yes both players hurt them team to a degree when they turn the ball over, but the point is Breanna Stewart turns the ball over less than Sylvia Fowles does. It's not as if their averages are close, Sylvia averages almost 1 more turnover than Breanna so turnovers should affect Sylvia more than Breanna.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/21/18 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-5-taurasi-joins-griner-in-top-five/

1. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 1
2. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 2
3. Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 4
4. Alyssa Thomas, Connecticut Sun
Last Week: 3
5. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 8
6. Chelsea Gray, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 7
7. Tina Charles, New York Liberty
Last Week: 5
8. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week: 10
9. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 9
10. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Last Week: Unranked

Would be a historical low in PPG
Would be a historical low in FG%
Doesn’t meet non-losing team criteria
Would be historical high in games missed

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 06/21/18 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 06/21/18 4:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the league is really pushing hard for Griner to win MVP.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/21/18 5:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This feels like a very weak MVP race overall. I don't think Griner at 1 is that outrageous, even if I believe Stewart is clearly the choice at this point.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/21/18 5:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also the Alyssa Thomas lovefest is still completely unreasonable...

Randy

PostPosted: 06/21/18 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like Phoenix and LA will probably be the top 2 teams so MVP will be from one of those teams. Probably Griner. The biggest reason for Phoenix improvement this year is probably Bonner though.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/21/18 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Total Turnovers

Sylvia Fowles 38
Kristi Toliver 35
Breanna Stewart 32

How about rebounding ?

Scoring is always the main focus in the MVP race. Also i expect Fowles to have more rebounds then Stewart. She is longer and stronger then Stewart. Build for rebounding. Also her FG% is higher then Stewart but we all know thats because most of her shots are in the paint/layups while Stewart shoots a lot (maybe too much) of 3pointers

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ClayK

PostPosted: 06/21/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

If true, why do you think that's the case?

PostPosted: 06/21/18 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .

PostPosted: 06/21/18 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Your just realizing this ? I told you all about the W's Agenda. This is BG's MVP to lose from the start .

But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

But it's not like she is undeserving. She is becoming a truly dominant force. Personally, I don't get why so many are so against her receiving the recognition.

I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing

PostPosted: 06/21/18 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I feel as though she could be alot better and more dominant. She's played harder in past seasons so it just doesn't seem right to give her the award unless shes clear cut the most valuable player in this league . I feel Bonner & DT are more valuable to PHX at least they have been during this winning streak . BG has held her own but i dont even think shes the best center in the league let alone the best player. Now were only 1/3 into the season so my opinion is subject to change Laughing

Without Bonner, we make the playoffs. Without Griner, we are a lottery team.

Also, I wouldn’t trade Griner for any other center.
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 06/21/18 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I have a great deal of bias on my opinions of EDD which comes as no surprise to a lot of people on this board. At the present, I personally see her illness is preventing her from being her best. I will wait for the end of the regular season to form my personal opinion who is the MVP this season.

What I see of EDD's play is she is passing the more than I have ever seen, and she is playing to grab rebounds, and most important I am seeing her playing more team basketball than I have seen in the past. I hope she continues to play this kind of basketball. I love the guards on this team and willing to see how this season ends before I form an opinion who is MVP.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/22/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

But again, why would the WNBA favor Griner over any other top player? What's the motivation for their bias?

PostPosted: 06/22/18 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

But again, why would the WNBA favor Griner over any other top player? What's the motivation for their bias?

Most of the other top players have already won this award so its only fitting that she's next in line. Her effect on the women's game when she first entered the league are probably what has her considered.

PostPosted: 06/22/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Vegas had a winning team record Aja would be talk about for mvp.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/22/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Most of the other top players have already won this award so its only fitting that she's next in line. Her effect on the women's game when she first entered the league are probably what has her considered.

Interesting ... I wouldn't think they'd care enough to "campaign," but maybe you're right. Maybe they feel if she wins MVP, she's less likely to take a summer off.

PostPosted: 06/22/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Most of the other top players have already won this award so its only fitting that she's next in line.

If you think it’s only fitting that she’s next in line, why would you think there would be an agenda? Historically, to me the league seems to favor the Sparks.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Her effect on the women's game when she first entered the league are probably what has her considered.

Her MVP level stats have her considered: 20.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3.1 bpg, 58.6 fg% plus team in dead heat for first place. No conspiracy needed.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/28/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-to-mvp-week-6-wilson-joins-list-stewart-climbs-to-top/

1. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
Last Week: 2

2. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 1

3. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Last Week:8

4. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks

5. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
Last Week: 5

6. Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles Sparks
Last Week: 3

7. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Last Week: 10

8. Liz Cambage, Dallas Wings
Last Week: 9

9. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces

10. Tina Charles, New York Liberty
Last Week: 7

Laughing....Fowles and Parker leapfrog into the top 4...But where's Maya Moore?

During 5 gm Minnesota win streak:
Moore:23.8p/5.8r/4.0a/1.6s/1.2t/44%/37%/85%

Maya should be in the top 10.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/18 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It just shows he may be using the historical standards.

Once Maya’s FG% rises above 43.4 (she’s at 42.9 now), she should pop up the chart, especially considering she’s now 5th in ppg.

Last edited by Shades on 06/28/18 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/28/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taurasi should be ahead of Sylvia in my Opinion heck even ahead of BG .

PostPosted: 06/28/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So basically,one missed end of the quarter half court shot could disqualify a player from MVP consideration.

6-13 46.2%
6-14 42.9%

WNBA 09 wrote:
Taurasi should be ahead of Sylvia in my Opinion heck even ahead of BG .

+1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: