RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Freedom of speech, or....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 08/16/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the ringleaders was interviewed on HBO I think it's the vice show. To pilight's point, yeah they do consider it to be free publicity. Caution about the language, the woman interviewing them can't journalistically hide her disgust, and even what they say about Trump's family. Youtube may have a cut of it.

Genero36

PostPosted: 08/16/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lPhF3GvGID8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPhF3GvGID8

PostPosted: 08/18/17 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump's responses are not at all surprising. It's the same sort of thing he did with abortion and other topics he doesn't care about in the primaries. He makes several different statements and let people pick the one they like. Whatever stance you want him to take, one of his statements says that.

PostPosted: 08/18/17 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/attn/status/898328098529083394

Arnold Schwarzenegger on Nazis

Quote:
I have a message to the neo-Nazis, to the white nationalists, and to the neo-Confederates: Your heroes are losers. You are supporting a lost cause. And believe me, I knew the original Nazis, because you see, I was born in Austria in 1947, shortly after the Second World War. And growing up, I was surrounded by broken men, men who came home from a war filled with shrapnel and guilt, men who were misled into a losing ideology. And I can tell you: that these ghosts you idolize spent the rest of their lives living in shame and right now, they’re resting in hell.

PostPosted: 08/18/17 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

W.E.B Du Bois wrote this fabulous essay on R.E. Lee back in 1928.

Robert E. Lee

"Each year on the 19th of January there is renewed effort to canonize Robert E. Lee, the greatest confederate general. His personal comeliness, his aristocratic birth and his military prowess all call for the verdict of greatness and genius. But one thing–one terrible fact–militates against this and that is the inescapable truth that Robert E. Lee led a bloody war to perpetuate slavery. Copperheads like the New York Times may magisterially declare: “of course, he never fought for slavery.” Well, for what did he fight? State rights? Nonsense. The South cared only for State Rights as a weapon to defend slavery. If nationalism had been a stronger defense of the slave system than particularism, the South would have been as nationalistic in 1861 as it had been in 1812.

No. People do not go to war for abstract theories of government. They fight for property and privilege and that was what Virginia fought for in the Civil War. And Lee followed Virginia. He followed Virginia not because he particularly loved slavery (although he certainly did not hate it), but because he did not have the moral courage to stand against his family and his clan. Lee hesitated and hung his head in shame because he was asked to lead armies against human progress and Christian decency and did not dare refuse. He surrendered not to Grant, but to Negro Emancipation.

Today we can best perpetuate his memory and his nobler traits not by falsifying his moral debacle, but by explaining it to the young white south. What Lee did in 1861, other Lees are doing in 1928. They lack the moral courage to stand up for justice to the Negro because of the overwhelming public opinion of their social environment. Their fathers in the past have condoned lynching and mob violence, just as today they acquiesce in the disfranchisement of educated and worthy black citizens, provide wretchedly inadequate public schools for Negro children and endorse a public treatment of sickness, poverty and crime which disgraces civilization.

It is the punishment of the South that its Robert Lees and Jefferson Davises will always be tall, handsome and well-born. That their courage will be physical and not moral. That their leadership will be weak compliance with public opinion and never costly and unswerving revolt for justice and right. it is ridiculous to seek to excuse Robert Lee as the most formidable agency this nation ever raised to make 4 million human beings goods instead of men. Either he knew what slavery meant when he helped maim and murder thousands in its defense, or he did not. If he did not he was a fool. If he did, Robert Lee was a traitor and a rebel–not indeed to his country, but to humanity and humanity’s God."

PostPosted: 08/18/17 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Genero36 that's exactly it, HBO has a link on their homepage now too.

The Terminator as Moral Compass ...

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/18/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amen, W E B

PostPosted: 08/20/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee

PostPosted: 08/20/17 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Humor Point taken, but.....the sad reality is that Jesus, Buddha, Larry the Cable Guy,Confucius, Mohammed and Vishnu could all come down to Earth, start their own network, preach day an night against Donald Trump, and....well, you get the Despair Point here.

The Mentally Deficient shall remain....

PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Noam Chomsky: Antifa is a 'major gift to the right'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/noam-chomsky-antifa-major-gift-right-wing-anti-fascist-alt-left-a7906406.html

Quote:
What they do is often wrong in principle

PostPosted: 06/20/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE: An organizer of last year's deadly white supremacist gathering in Charlottesville, Virginia, has received initial approval from the National Park Service to hold a rally across from the White House on Aug. 12, the anniversary of last year's event. Surprised Evil or Very Mad

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/jason-kessler-charlottesville-approval-unite-right-13011782.php

PostPosted: 06/20/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
UPDATE: An organizer of last year's deadly white supremacist gathering in Charlottesville, Virginia, has received initial approval from the National Park Service to hold a rally across from the White House on Aug. 12, the anniversary of last year's event. Surprised Evil or Very Mad

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/jason-kessler-charlottesville-approval-unite-right-13011782.php

Yes. Let them come out from under their rocks. Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: