50%  [ 6 ]
Liberty
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/20/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Piph is still averaging one point every two minutes. She’s worth more than Boyette right now.

That said, I’d probably take the chance anyway.

It would be the same as waiving her. IMS is end of the bench. If you want to trade her at least get something useful in return.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 06/20/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:

Maybe Stokes for WIlliams would help both teams. For whatever reason, Stokes doesn't seem to be in the good graces of Smith and Williams has been struggling this year for unknown reasons. Perhaps a change of address would help both players and teams. Dream could use a more consistent rebounder and don't need any scoring. On the basis of past performances, the Liberty would be getting a better scoring post (though you can't prove it by this season.)

Interesting suggestion. That's one I haven't seen or thought of myself. It looks like Williams isn't even taking many shots. She only cracked ten once all season. The next highest total is 8 shots. It seems to be getting worse because EWill is only averaging 3.8 FGA in the last five games. Shocked Is this more about the coaching system/philosophy change or something about Williams personally?

I think the decline in shots is because she is only shooting about 35% - which is incredibly bad for a 5. So they are not relying on her to score now. Her FT% is only 42% so something is wrong. She sprained an ankle earlier this season, but came back by the next game. She played in China in the off season and even left a few games early because her team was out of playoff contention, so I don't think it is that she is burned out. So it is all a mystery to me. It is interesting that Breland is having a career year for rebounding, but a career low for FG%. So there may be something about the new system that isn't working for our posts.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/20/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
One thing seems clear - Clarendon, WIlliams, Sykes and Dantas have regressed this season. Sykes and Clarendon are now bench players instead of starter but all of them are playing fewer minutes. Obviously, Angel was going to take up some minutes and move Sykes out of the starting line up and clearly the team is better for it. However, the team appears to be less than the sum of its parts now. It could be that Cooper's coaching style was better for individual players, but not for the w/l and there will be an adjustment period while the players figure our their roles in the new regime.

I said it before last year, and I'll say it again: I think that Sykes should start over Hayes. Not because I think that Sykes is better, but because I think that Sykes is the kind of player that needs to start in order to get into a rhythm. Plus, who finishes games is more important than who starts, anyway: Phoenix won a championship in 2009 with two of their four best players coming off the bench. I don't really think that coming off the bench would affect Hayes' play in a negative sense as much as it appears to have hurt Sykes, so I would give Sykes the nod in the starting lineup.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 06/20/18 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There’s a lot of emotion to Hayes’ game, so if you were to have her come off bench in a year where more than ever before she's shown she deserves to be a starter, the results could be disastrous. Best not to experiment when Sykes has already accepted a bench role. If they really want to experiment, they should try Hayes or Sykes at PG, but it almost seems like Collen promised the starter role to Montgomery. If that’s the case, it’d probably be best to maintain her integrity.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/20/18 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

should have traded Sykes before the season

Randy

PostPosted: 06/20/18 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was thinking we start Sykes instead of Montgomery too. With 3 one on one players and two posts that can't shoot who needs a PG to run plays? Razz

pasteurize

PostPosted: 06/20/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Piph is still averaging one point every two minutes. She’s worth more than Boyette right now.

It would be the same as waiving her. IMS is end of the bench. If you want to trade her at least get something useful in return.

These are my thoughts as well. It seems like some people basically want to waive Prince, and I'm just not getting it.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/20/18 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pasteurize wrote:
myrtle wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

These are my thoughts as well. It seems like some people basically want to waive Prince, and I'm just not getting it.

We have too many people at the 1/2 not enough in the post. At this point I would much rather see Boyd, Hartley or Nurse get the minutes towards development. Zellous has taken over the veteran/leader role of T. Wright, and we still have Rodgers as an option as well.

It doesn't look like we're going to waive anyone so a trade is the result.

It also doesn't look like anyone is rushing to take any of our perimeter players so trading below value is the only option.

I don't see Prince as rescuing the Liberty this or any future season.

IMS still has some potential and might be able to grab some rebounds, if it doesn't work we can actually waive her I doubt her money is Guaranteed. She won't be end of the bench because that is where Zahui B and B. Allen have been sent.

pasteurize

PostPosted: 06/20/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
We have too many people at the 1/2 not enough in the post. At this point I would much rather see Boyd, Hartley or Nurse gets the minutes towards development.

It doesn't look like we're going to waive anyone so a trade is the result.

It also doesn't look like anyone is rushing to take any of our perimeter players so trading below value is the only option.

I don't see Prince as rescuing the Liberty this or any future season.

IMS still has some potential and might be able to grab some rebounds, if it doesn't work we can actually waive her I doubt her money is Guaranteed. She won't be end of the bench because that is where Zahui B and B. Allen have been sent.

I understand that we need post help, and we're guard heavy, but dumping Prince for nothing isn't something I'd like to do. It obviously boils down to how much she's valued, but in my opinion, Prince has arguably been our second best players over the past few years, when healthy. If we're going to dump a player to make room for someone who's barely holding onto a roster spot in this league, we should dump a player of lesser value.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/20/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
There’s a lot of emotion to Hayes’ game, so if you were to have her come off bench in a year where more than ever before she's shown she deserves to be a starter, the results could be disastrous.

I don't completely disagree with this analysis, but I disagree with its conclusion, mainly because I believe that the emotion that Hayes plays with is a function of whether or not she's getting the calls from the officials, and is not dependent on whether she's starting or not.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/18 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
There’s a lot of emotion to Hayes’ game, so if you were to have her come off bench in a year where more than ever before she's shown she deserves to be a starter, the results could be disastrous.

I don't completely disagree with this analysis, but I disagree with its conclusion, mainly because I believe that the emotion that Hayes plays with is a function of whether or not she's getting the calls from the officials, and is not dependent on whether she's starting or not.

Hayes has surpassed CP3 as the leagues biggest crybaby .

PostPosted: 06/20/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see IMS being any more useful than Vaughn. It needs to be Prince(presumably) for a post that can at least rebound. And Prince needs to go to a team in need of a guard and that has an extra post riding their bench. Phoenix & Gulich fits perfectly.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I don't see IMS being any more useful than Vaughn. It needs to be Prince(presumably) for a post that can at least rebound. And Prince needs to go to a team in need of a guard and that has an extra post riding their bench. Phoenix & Gulich fits perfectly.

Orrrrrrrr Swords & Vegas Laughing #Reunited And it feeeeeels so gooooooooood !

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the big "blockbreaker" trade with Chicago (Cappy for Prince) did not work out for either team . So lets move on

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel the opposite about Gulich I see her going the way of Hamblin.

Imani looks a hot mess a lot of the time but there is more there, there IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: