RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA odds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/16/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 16

Atlanta 4.5 at Indiana 151.5
Minnesota 7 New York 155.5
Phoenix 3.5 Connecticut 170

To help Indy get off the schnide, I'll take Atl

To help CT get back on track, I'll take Pho.

PostPosted: 06/17/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
June 16

Atlanta 4.5 at Indiana 151.5
Minnesota 7 New York 155.5
Phoenix 3.5 Connecticut 170

To help Indy get off the schnide, I'll take Atl

To help CT get back on track, I'll take Pho.

1-1, 7-18-1

PostPosted: 06/17/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 17

Los Angeles 9.5 @Chicago 163.5
Phoenix 6.5 @Las Vegas 163

Sorry for the late post. I will take Chicago under as my only play for the day

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/18/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saturday I was 2-1 with wins by Indiana and Phoenix. But I am still scratching my head at how the Fever scored 61 points in the second half to send the game over. When I first saw the score I actually thought it might be a misprint (I had seen the halftime score before The Red Sox-Mariners game started.) I'll go back and watch the second half to see what happened.

Yesterday LA and Chicago went under to bring the weekend to 3-1, which puts me at 27-19-1.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/19/18 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 19

Washington 8.5 Chicago 168
Atlanta 6 New York 150.5
Minnesota 7 Dallas 165
Seattle 11 Las Vegas 168
Los Angeles 13 Indiana 152.5

These are the current lines. Back home, I will be updating some statistics today and I will update the odds and make my picks later.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/19/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 19 (updated odds)

Washington 9.5 Chicago 168.5
Atlanta 6 New York 150.5
Minnesota 8 Dallas 165.5
Seattle 10.5 Las Vegas 168
Los Angeles 12.5 Indiana 153.5

The Mystics and Sky are playing a home-and-home series. Both of these teams have shown a willingness to score against the right opponents. I like the over.

Atlanta just played arguably the worst game by any team this season, losing by 32 to previously winless Indiana. They are also potenially without Tiffany Hayes. The Liberty haven't been too good either. New York is a 6 point favorite even though they haven't won a game by more than 6 all year. I'll take the Dream to bounce back from their embarassing loss.

Minnesota seems to be playing a little better of late. The Lynx beat Dallas by 8 earlier this season, 76-68. I will take the under.

Seattle and LA are both big favorites. I lean toward both big dogs but I can't quite bet them. I will take the LA game over the total because a blowout early could lead to less defense.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/22/18 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 22

Connecticut 6 @Atlanta 165
Los Angeles 4.5 @Dallas 163
Washington 5.5 @Chicago 167
Phoenix 2.5 Minnesota 163.5
Seattle 11.5 Indiana 165.5
New York 1.5 @Las Vegas 160.5

I like the Sparks and Wings to go under. Dallas with Cambage does not run up and down the court as much as last season and LA has been the best defensive team this year. The Mystics and Sky have been among the higher scoring teams, so despite their under game on Tuesday I will take the over again tonight.

Phoenix has been playing the best of any team lately. This is a big game for the Lynx, but I'll take the Mercury at home. I like Seattle to go over the total, Finally I will take the Liberty to return the favor vs Las Vegas by beating them at home, and I'll even lay the points.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/24/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 24

Dallas 2.5 Seattle 171.5
Connecticut 8.5 Indiana 165.5
Los Angeles 10 New York 151.5
Minnesota 6.5 @Las Vegas 163
Phoenix 7 @Chicago 165

Last year I started strong but fell apart after I started traveling. This year I didn't start quite as strong, but once I started traveling (to Seattle last weekend, and now to Las Vegas) I fell off just as badly. In the past week I have gone 1-8 (which drops me to 28-27-1 for the season), and even though there were a few bad beats the truth is that I have completely lost a feel for the league. That said, I will continue to make my selections as if I know what is going on. But I won't be pulling too much green out of my pocket to support my picks.

Seattle's shooting has fallen off since I saw them score triple digits against the Sun. Today they face a Wings squad that has averaged 93 points a game at home. When they played earlier in Dallas the Wings won 94-90. It is a high total but I will take the over anyway.

I have given up trying to figure out the Sun and the Fever. Pass

Los Angeles lost its third game of the season and after the first 2 they turned up the defense in the next game, winning and going under in the next game. The Liberty look like a team that won't make the playoffs. Katie Smith looks like she isn't quite ready to be a head coach. I will take the Sparks and the under.

Las Vegas has scored at least 80 points at home in each of their first 5 games. Minnesota looks like they are righting their ship. I expect to see some scoring this afternoon at the Mandalay Bay so I will take the over. I just hope there is a better crowd than what I saw on TV Friday. It will be close to 110 outside at game time, so being in an air-conditioned arena for the heat of the day seems like the way to go.

Phoenix lost on Friday to end their 8 game winning streak. Chicago looks like a good team to get well against. I can't quite lay 7 on the road, but I do think that the Mercury will tighten up their defense. The Sky are on a 6 game skid and have only scored 80 in one of those games. I will take the under and hope these two teams don't repeat their 96-79 game when they played earlier this year in Phoenix.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/26/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 26

Phoenix 3.5 @New York 158.5
Washington 3.5 Connecticut 171.5
Minnesota 7.5 Seattle 164..5
Los Angeles 9.5 Dallas 161.5

Phoenix has lost its last two after winning eight in a row. New York is looking like one of the worst teams in the league but I don't trust the Mercury until they put another win on the board. Pass.

After a hot start Connecticut has fallen back. Washington has played well and should be able to pick up another win tonight. I will lay the 3.5. This should be a high scoring game but at 173.5 I would lean to the under, but not as a play.

Minnesota seems to have righted it ship.The line is a little higher than I would like but I will lay the 7.5.

When LA is at its best they are the top defensive team in the league. I will take the Sparks under against the Wings tonight.

Sunday was a very frustrating evening. I went 3-2 (31-29-1 for the season) but the ending of Las Vegas- Minnesota was difficult to stomach. With two minutes to gor I just needed 5 points for the over but the Lynx and the Aces went 1 - 7 and also missed a free throw to keep the game under sitting in the stands this was not the way I wanted to start my time in Vegas. Hopefully the 109 degree heat will rub off on my picks today.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/26/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 26

Phoenix has lost its last two after winning eight in a row. New York is looking like one of the worst teams in the league but I don't trust the Mercury until they put another win on the board. Pass.

After a hot start Connecticut has fallen back. Washington has played well and should be able to pick up another win tonight. I will lay the 3.5. This should be a high scoring game but at 173.5 I would lean to the under, but not as a play.

Minnesota seems to have righted it ship.The line is a little higher than I would like but I will lay the 7.5.

When LA is at its best they are the top defensive team in the league. I will take the Sparks under against the Wings tonight.

Sunday was a very frustrating evening. I went 3-2 (31-29-1 for the season) but the ending of Las Vegas- Minnesota was difficult to stomach. With two minutes to gor I just needed 5 points for the over but the Lynx and the Aces went 1 - 7 and also missed a free throw to keep the game under sitting in the stands this was not the way I wanted to start my time in Vegas. Hopefully the 109 degree heat will rub off on my picks today.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 06/26/18 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All 4 faves.

PostPosted: 06/27/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 27

Chicago 2 Atlanta 157
Connecticut 11.5 Indiana 164.5
Dallas 2 @Las Vegas 168.5

I included the line for Chicago even though the game has already started. I was just a little too engrossed with Germany's elimination from the World Cup and I forgot the Sky were starting so early.

Connecticut is not the team they were at the beginning of the season. There is no way I would lay 11.5 with the Sun but I somehow think this may be a game where they get back to their earlier playing style. Pass.

I was burned Sunday when Minnesota and Las Vegas couldn't score and the final two minutes but I will return to the over for tonight's game and hope the teams play 40 minutes instead of 38. I also lean to Dallas but I will stay away from the side because I want to root for the home team.

Last night I was 2 - 1 as Washington and Minnesota both were able to win. Unfortunately the Sparks didn't slow down Dallas. This leaves me at 33-30 - 1 for the season. For Bettors that means I am dead even because I have to lay 11 to Winn 10 on each game.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 06/27/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal- Can you provide the link you use for the lines here? Sometimes I need to make my choices before they're posted. Thanks.

Went 3-1 yesterday, losing what I considered the weakest of my picks, LA -10.

10-19-1. Onward and upward, hopefully.

June 27

Chicago 2 Atlanta 157
Connecticut 11.5 Indiana 164.5
Dallas 2 @Las Vegas 168.5

No picks today.

PostPosted: 06/27/18 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I use vegasinsider.com.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/27/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings-Aces goes over with nearly 4 minutes to go. Thanks Kayla McBride forher 36, andbothteams for not playing ANY defense.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 28

Washington 9 New York 159.5
Seattle 1.5 Los Angeles 161.5

The Liberty haven’t been able to beat a good team all season. Their wins have come against Dallas, Atlanta and Indiana twice. I like the Mystics tonight.

Los Angeles got blown out by Seattle 88-63 in their first game. That might get me to the Sparks for tonight but they just had a similar situation against Dallas and showed little interest in taking revenge. They did squeak out a four point victory but they certainly didn’t play to their potential. I will pass on this game.

Last night’s easy win moves me to 34-30-1 for the season.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 06/28/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 28

Washington 9 New York 159.5
Seattle 1.5 Los Angeles 161.5

Both Unders.

PostPosted: 06/29/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jun 29

Phoenix 8 @Indiana 160.5
New York 4.5 Chicago 162
Minnesota 12.5 Atlanta 156.5
Los Angeles 6.5 @Las Vegas 160.5

This is Phoenix third game of a four-game road trip. I like Indiana to be able to keep the game close so I will take the points. I also like the under.

Chicago beat the Liberty in the opening game of the season. I think the Liberty can get revenge tonight and I will lay the points.

Minnesota has won five in a row. Atlanta beat Minnesota earlier this season so the Lynx may want some revenge but I have never liked them as a double-digit favorite. I will take Atlanta to keep the game close.

Los Angeles lost last night at Seattle and now they have to travel down to Las Vegas. If they are still without necca Igloo McKay (usually i fix autocorrect errors, but I like this one) I think the Aces will be able to stay close and perhaps pull a win. I also like the over. This will be the fourth game i have attended this month and i hope there is a better crowd then there was for the first three. There did seem to be some excitement about the Sparks and Candace Parker coming to town so I hope they can get the 5000 fans that they say attended Wednesday's game.

Yesterday I lost with the mystics. The refs did everything they could to ensure a Mystics victory including taking away my one chance to get a lucky win with the clock manipulation that allowed EDD's last-second heroics. That moves my record to 34 - 31 - 1 for the season.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/29/18 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A bet on the Liberty? You are a brave man ...

PostPosted: 06/29/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jun 29

Phoenix 8 @Indiana 160.5
New York 4.5 Chicago 162
Minnesota 12.5 Atlanta 156.5
Los Angeles 6.5 @Las Vegas 160.5

Merc have back-back road games, playing in DC tomorrow less than 24 hrs after tonight's game ends. I'm not sure how to read that. Will they go balls to the wall tonight to get the easy win to ensure a split, or will they try hard enough to merely squeak by, leaving some in the tank for EDD et al? I'm going w/ the former. Pho -8.

Lynx close out their homestand vs ailing Dream after 2 days off before heading to Dallas Sunday. Lots of pts to give, but this might be a perfect scenario for a blowout. Minn -12.

Went 2-0 yesterday, now 5-1 last 6. Here's hoping the trend continues. Re: the EDD winner: I've been screwed enough times by OT when taking the Under that I say... IT'S ABOUT TIME.

12-19-1

PostPosted: 06/30/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 30

Washington 3.5 Phoenix 167.5

Washington is in the middle of a 4 game homestand. Phoenix is finishing up a 4 game road trip with a back-to-back. I like the Mystics.

Last night I went 3-3. You were right Clay, I shouldn't be betting on the Liberty. The Sky shot 57% including 52% from 3 and made 22 FT. I didn't see the game but it sounds like there wasn't much defense.

Meanwhile the Lynx won easily, but as they so often do they didn't cover a double digit line. The team of Fagbenle, Miyem, Zandlasini, Robinson and Jones dribbled out the last 18 seconds for the 11 point win.

Back home after the drive last night, winning the bet that my car wouldn't run out of gas (the light was only on the last 30 miles.) So I will go out now and fill the tank and then settle in to watch EDD vs Brittney. I'll be really impressed if either can match their "3 to see compatriot," in the Wings victory over Las Vegas on Wednesday.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 06/30/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics -3.5

My chance for a push in the Dream-Lynx game ended when Fag registered the only Lynx FT miss, their final of 13 attempts, followed by 2 makes by Billings at the other end w/ :18 left.

1-1 makes me 6-2 last 8. If .500 becomes my worst nights from here on out, I'll be happy.

Go Mystics.

13-20-1

PostPosted: 06/30/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

God i hate wash.

0-1, 13-21-1

PostPosted: 07/01/18 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 1

Minnesota 4.5 @Dallas 167.5
Atlanta 2.5 @Indiana 154.5
Los Angeles 10.5 Las Vegas 159
Chicago 3 New York 165.5
Seattle 4 Connecticut 175

Minnesota is once again playing the best of any team. At 4.5 I don't have to worry about them laying down once they have the game in hand.

Indiana has 1 win this season, at home against Atlanta (and they won by 32) The Dream get a rematch and they need this game if they want to be a playoff team. I'll take the Dream. I also like the over based solely on the number. This could be another 72-67 game like their game in Atlanta, but I believe they can score enough.

Watching these two teams play Friday, Vegas was the better team. The only player that did anything positive for the Sparks after the first 3:30 was Chelsea Gray, and even she gave up on defense in the second half. A'ja Wilson made Candace Parker look like some over the hill loser who didn't care, and when Parker let down Wilson just played harder. But this is a different game. As long as Ogwumike is back I like the Sparks to show they actually are one of the best teams in the league. Kelsey Plum will be pressured. Kelsey Bone and Jisu Park will be exposed inside and Wilson will have to play defense (This is not a knock on her; she and Laimbeer know she is needed on the offensive end so she is usually protected on the defensive end.) I'll take LA.

I'll pass on Chicago - New York.

Seattle - Connecticut is another rematch of a game I saw a few weeks ago. 175 is the highest total of the year for good reason; their last game was 103-92. This should be a great game to watch, but I don't see any advantage from a betting perspective.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/01/18 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 1

Minnesota 4.5 @Dallas 167.5
Atlanta 2.5 @Indiana 154.5
Los Angeles 10.5 Las Vegas 159
Chicago 3 New York 165.5
Seattle 4 Connecticut 175

Sea -4

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: