RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a strange itch that Wheeler will not be apart of this teams future plans. She's obviously on a different page than the rest of the squad .

PostPosted: 06/14/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I have a strange itch that Wheeler will not be apart of this teams future plans. She's obviously on a different page than the rest of the squad .

Problem is that they really don't have anyone better to play backup PG if they go with K-Mitch as the starter. Wheeler -aka Poison Pill - is much maligned like a lot WNBA players - but there are not a bunch of better players sitting by their phones waiting for a call. (I would see if Chong's number is in the book if they have given up on Erica.)

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/14/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fever just need to watch until 2019 and draft either McCowan or Brown. They'll lock in a solid bench player with their 2nd round pick, too.

PG: KMitchell/Wheeler
SG: TMitchell/Johnson/Abdelkader
SF: Vivians/2nd round pick
PF: Dupree/Mavunga/McCall
C: McCowan/Achonwa

Having an elite center who can be a double-digit scoring option will open up more opportunities for KMitchell and Vivians, who have shown their abilities in creating shots this year.

As an aside, with today's loss (June 14, 2018), Indiana (0-10) has lost 18 in a row dating to last season. The Fever are 2-28 since July 1, 2017.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Problem is that they really don't have anyone better to play backup PG if they go with K-Mitch as the starter. Wheeler -aka Poison Pill - is much maligned like a lot WNBA players - but there are not a bunch of better players sitting by their phones waiting for a call. (I would see if Chong's number is in the book if they have given up on Erica.)

Fever are better with Erica than Chong .

PostPosted: 06/14/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always liked Chong when she was with the Wings, but you've seen her play more than me.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I always liked Chong when she was with the Wings, but you've seen her play more than me.

I like'd chong also , but Shes a safe guard . A player who wont turn it over , but wont contribute on the offense end either. Shes not aggressive to the hoop so i wouldnt count on points coming from Chong. Wheeler is by far the better option if they are even wanting to win at least 1 game this season .

PostPosted: 06/14/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I like'd chong also , but Shes a safe guard . A player who wont turn it over , but wont contribute on the offense end either. Shes not aggressive to the hoop so i wouldnt count on points coming from Chong. Wheeler is by far the better option if they are even wanting to win at least 1 game this season .

Chong is also VERY solid on defense. She gets a lot of steals and very few turnovers. But, yeah, don't expect much offense from Saniya.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/14/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Chong is also VERY solid on defense. She gets a lot of steals and very few turnovers. But, yeah, don't expect much offense from Saniya.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/14/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't really see what Dietrick does for the Dream, so maybe the Dream should pick up Chong.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/14/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I don't really see what Dietrick does for the Dream, so maybe the Dream should pick up Chong.

I was thinking the same thing

PostPosted: 06/14/18 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Seems reasonable. You know what you're getting with Chong. Of course Atlanta already has a good defense. Maybe Blake is showing a lot of potential in practice that impresses Collen and company.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/14/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 11th and 12th players are never used, barring extreme circumstances. There is something to be said for having players in that slot that are just happy to have made a roster.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/14/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had noticed that Victoria Vivians was wearing her shorts notably shorter than the standard:

and then in their most recent game I mistook Mavunga for Vivians because she is doing it too:

Photos: Fever 92, Aces 101 (OT)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/18 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

I was thinking the same thing

This i like but she might see way less time than she did in dallas with the double negatives already at that franchise.

PostPosted: 06/14/18 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Why do you feel a need for a third PG? Are you thinking this is Clarendon’s last year? Is Collen thinking this? Usually three point guards is overkill, especially considering Hayes, Sykes, and McCoughtry are all more than capable of initiating the offense. 🤔

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 06/14/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Why do you feel a need for a third PG? Are you thinking this is Clarendon’s last year? Is Collen thinking this? Usually three point guards is overkill, especially considering Hayes, Sykes, and McCoughtry are all more than capable of initiating the offense. 🤔

As opposed to having four shooting guards? With 12 players you're gonna have too much of something.

PostPosted: 06/14/18 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Clarendon or Montgomery get injured we'd need a backup. If Tip, Angel or Sykes get injured Clarendon can play the 2 but we'd need some minutes for backup at the 1 position when Clarendon is covering the 2.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/14/18 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s my depth chart for ATL
Montgomery/Clarendon/Dietrick
Hayes/Sykes/Lucas
McCoughtry/
Breland/Dantas/Billings
Williams/McGee-Stafford

Now if you’re anticipating Clarendon being gone next season, maybe I’d consider developing another PG. So Randy, why do you want Chong instead of like a taller G/F?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/14/18 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, now I’ve read what you said. You’re gonna want 3 PG’s in perpetuity?

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 06/14/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have the Fever gotten so bad that even their thread on Rebkell gets highjacked and no one notices?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/15/18 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Better “hijacked” than lost on page 3 where I had to look for it.

Last edited by Shades on 06/15/18 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 06/15/18 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
Have the Fever gotten so bad that even their thread on Rebkell gets highjacked and no one notices?

Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 06/15/18 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well Shades, the Lynx have 3 players who can play PG - Whalen, Robinson and if needed Wright. Ideally Dream might have a backup for Angel, but Hayes and even Sykes have rotated to the 3 as needed.

So to get this back to Indy - I've been thinking maybe IMS+Dantas for Achonwa. IMS played her best ball for Pokey and they stand to pick up a good post in the next draft making Achonwa somewhat unnecessary.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/15/18 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Well Shades, the Lynx have 3 players who can play PG - Whalen, Robinson and if needed Wright. Ideally Dream might have a backup for Angel, but Hayes and even Sykes have rotated to the 3 as needed.

So to get this back to Indy - I've been thinking maybe IMS+Dantas for Achonwa. IMS played her best ball for Pokey and they stand to pick up a good post in the next draft making Achonwa somewhat unnecessary.

No. No. No.

Achonwa is better than both of those players. Why would Fever trade her for two post players who aren't any good? Why would the Fever have any interest in IMS or Dantas?

Randy

PostPosted: 06/15/18 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ping pong balls? Ok - Offer retracted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: