Board Junkies Forums

Mystics @ Sun - 6/13/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 06/13/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Floppin' Chiney.

Apart from that play, Ogwumike has really done it all to keep the Sun in this combined with Williams. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 06/13/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chop, chop, chop.....

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
vallee

PostPosted: 06/13/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Just wow. We had to watch the last minute through our fingers, assuming the Mystics were going to achieve a historic loss. It's good to see the player able to pull it out at the end.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/13/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well the 2nd half was 1 hell of a game! After the Sun came back in the 3rd qt and out scored Wash I was really pulling for the Sun to win. Wash scored 35 in the 1st half but the Sun scored 30 in the 3rd qt. They played so hard and to still lose is heart breaking.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/13/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone who suggested the Mystics are better without EDD can just stfu now. She's an incredible talent and chemistry with KTO is excellent. Mo Currie is a great fit with this squad.

WONDERFUL win for the Styx!

~rAf
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Anyone who suggested the Mystics are better without EDD can just stfu now. She's an incredible talent and chemistry with KTO is excellent. Mo Currie is a great fit with this squad.

Agreed. And I think EDD is the reason they won this one. Her "we are not going to lose this game" effort and demeanor in the 4th quarter reminded me of Holdsclaw, except that Holdsclaw did not have the talent around her.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/13/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

You probably could have said it in less confrontational way, but EDD was huge today. Mystics are much better with her, that's for sure.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/14/18 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Havent seen this game yet but basing it of boxscores and stats. Can anyone tell me what is up with JJ? She is averaging 10,3 pts while only taking 7 shots per game and only playing 21 minutes per game. She is like the 5th option on scoring for this team Confused while before the season everyone was predicting she would be competing with Griner, Fowles etc for best center.
When i see some parts of Sun games i see her spotting up on the perimeter Confused
IMO Miller needs to find a way to utilize both Chiney and JJ in the post..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 06/14/18 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Agreed. And I think EDD is the reason they won this one. Her "we are not going to lose this game" effort and demeanor in the 4th quarter reminded me of Holdsclaw, except that Holdsclaw did not have the talent around her.

Never a doubt about that in my mind! Agree with you 100%

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/14/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going into that 4th quarter, is there any other duo you'd rather have on the floor than EDD and Toliver?

Also where are the comments about CWill taking 29 shots in a loss? Or is that only an issue when Skylar does it?

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/14/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Havent seen this game yet but basing it of boxscores and stats. Can anyone tell me what is up with JJ? She is averaging 10,3 pts while only taking 7 shots per game and only playing 21 minutes per game. She is like the 5th option on scoring for this team Confused while before the season everyone was predicting she would be competing with Griner, Fowles etc for best center.
When i see some parts of Sun games i see her spotting up on the perimeter Confused

The Sun won't be a scary playoff team until this happens imo. JJ is the best player on the team and they need to play like it.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/14/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

The Sun won't be a scary playoff team until this happens imo. JJ is the best player on the team and they need to play like it.

Embarrassment of riches! Three posts vs two spots at a time. IMHO, A.Thomas is so valuable as a post/playmaker that the team is better with her on the floor. So then you have CO & JJ. Chiney has been playing GREAT so it's hard to keep her off the floor. So JJ is post option #3. The one thing she has the other two don't have is the 3 pt shot. It makes sense to take advantage as the defense has to adjust when she's in the game, which opens up the paint for the other post player.

~rAf
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 06/14/18 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I wanted to post this photo for you that I took at the Mystics' season opener. It was very clear the entire game from their interactions how well Mo, EDD, and Toliver are getting along.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/14/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Embarrassment of riches! Three posts vs two spots at a time. IMHO, A.Thomas is so valuable as a post/playmaker that the team is better with her on the floor. So then you have CO & JJ. Chiney has been playing GREAT so it's hard to keep her off the floor. So JJ is post option #3. The one thing she has the other two don't have is the 3 pt shot. It makes sense to take advantage as the defense has to adjust when she's in the game, which opens up the paint for the other post player.

Yes i agree but you need to find a balance with chiney having her moments in the post and also give JJ time to establish herself there. Because JJ can really dominate in the post and 7 shots per game is just BS. Your not going to make a playoff push that way..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 06/14/18 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:

Washington's real attendance seems to have been increasing the last few years.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/14/18 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I started watching this game in the second quarter and turned it off with the thought "Washington blowout". I checked back in in the 4th quarter and thought "Washington meltdown, massive Connecticut comeback". And then it just ends up being "Washington win".

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I started watching this game in the second quarter and turned it off with the thought "Washington blowout". I checked back in in the 4th quarter and thought "Washington meltdown, massive Connecticut comeback". And then it just ends up being "Washington win".

+1 But i knew Conn would comeback.

PostPosted: 06/14/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I wanted to post this photo for you that I took at the Mystics' season opener. It was very clear the entire game from their interactions how well Mo, EDD, and Toliver are getting along.

Excellent pic! That's three pros right there. Nice to see you enjoying the Mystics again.

~rAf
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 06/14/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi Toliver was all the way disrespectful to Chiney for hitting that shot from that far way out & holding that pose after hitting that 3 Laughing Laughing

EDD really played her heart out in this gm

Wow at Courtney hitting shots over 2 players guarding her.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/17/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

anyone have a reported attendance number for this game? neither .com or ESPN have anything reported yet.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: