38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/13/18 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:
So Cambage picks up her 5th foul with 8:07 left in the 4th and Dallas up by 8.....Fred leaves her in the game.Liz then picks up her 6th foul 11 seconds later........Coach Williams is such a moron.

I didn't see the game, but it doesn't say much for Cambage's intelligence either

In most cases I’d agree, but no one knew what a foul was that game.

The refs were blowing their whistles for EVERYTHING. they really needed to let Cambage and Griner play. And Johnson and Little. And Diggins and Taurasi

On Cambage's 6th foul, I didn't think there was a foul. Sure, Taurasi tried to create a foul by driving into Liz, but I thought Liz moved out of the way like a bullfighter. But Dee flailed a bit when she missed Liz and the ref called the foul. Those could have been my homer eyes, but that's what I saw.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/13/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ClayK wrote:
BG haters are all over her when she doesn't rebound -- note that Cambage had 3 rebounds in 23:05, while Griner had 5 in 27:10. Where's the outrage?

Likely not much outrage to be found, since most people don't overreact to one game that goes against a general trend. Do you think they should?

One bad game from Griner/EDD/Diggins often produces outrage ...

Just pointing out the inconsistency ...

PostPosted: 06/13/18 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least the refs were consistently bad on both ends of the court. Usually it seems they favor one end of the court versus another. I thought that several of the calls should have been ignored even if there was some legitimacy to the situation.

Neither Griner or Cambage should have fouled out, IMO. But it did make for an interesting end to the game without those two as factors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: