RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dream @ Sparks - 6/12/18

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Dream
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Sparks
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49336



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 9:49 pm    ::: Dream @ Sparks - 6/12/18 Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles, CA - 10:30 PM ET
TV: SpecSN

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180612/ATLLAS

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018833



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57516
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/11/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully Angel will make it to LA

https://twitter.com/JameelahJNBA/status/1006216838865408000



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23122



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Hopefully Angel will make it to LA

https://twitter.com/JameelahJNBA/status/1006216838865408000


Laughing wide awake and ready to go!

(or is it a hint of a trade to come?) Wink



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
boom*NNEKA*nneka



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 742
Location: San Pedro, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite their record, I feel that the Sparks are not playing consistently well. I expect Atlanta to bring strong intensity and it will be on LA to decide how they will respond. Hoping for a good game with a Sparks win (of course). Also, hoping we can get our first look at Vadeeva.

Go Sparks!
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7568
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Hopefully Angel will make it to LA

https://twitter.com/JameelahJNBA/status/1006216838865408000


I think they're already in LA chicago is just on the way out while ATL is coming in. I have a hard time taking the sparks inthis one. ATL seems to have the sparks number in LA the past few seasons



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7445



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time for the Sparks to vanquish the Dream! Time to start making statements about their intentions for this season!



_________________
Regards,
J A P
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream do seem to knock the Sparks off from time to time, but not sure you can count on it.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7568
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im so sick of tiffany hayes she cries more than anyone and swears she never fouls. Shes been really showing out with the refs this season. Maybe the all star nod.last year got to her head but she needs to shut up and play.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49336



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCoughtry can be such a knobhead sometimes.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9632
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JR Smith moment...



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6809



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN box score shows Blake Dietrick (6 min) and Maggie Lucas (0 min) have both played.


jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7445



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just logging in. 3-4 from downtown! Does Essence have bionic implants in her arms now? How the hell is poor Sydney ever going to see the floor if Essence is scoring like this?

Sparks need to close the door on any comeback efforts for these Buffies and get ready to take on the Mystics on Friday night.



_________________
Regards,
J A P


Last edited by jap on 06/12/18 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49336



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dietrick trying to be the hero?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Dietrick trying to be the hero?

She's already a hero just by not allowing her inability to play basketball at a high level to stop her being on a WNBA roster.
Wiese is also heroic that way.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23122



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta coach apparently didn't want to win. What a weird way to play the 4th quarter.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
WfanFrJmp



Joined: 24 May 2016
Posts: 737



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Just logging in. 3-4 from downtown! Does Essence have bionic implants in her arms now? How the hell is poor Sydney ever going to see the floor if Essence is scoring like this?

Sparks need to close the door on any comeback efforts for these Buffies and get ready to take on the Mystics on Friday night.


Essence appears to be all business this season and I'm so happy to see it. Good grief, LA likes to make things so difficult!! Great execution for periods and then I can't figure out whether once they get out to a nice lead, they stop doing the things that got them there or if the opposing team change their defensive schemes...hmmm, maybe it's a combination of both... I know this is not just true of LA but it drives me nuts! Please, please for the sake of my frown lines, stop messing around and put teams away!!! It's too late on the east coast for all of this! Laughing Laughing


Kailapea



Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 1239
Location: Northridge, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Breland get hurt or something. She was playing well and then she was gone?



_________________
Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 523
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:
Just logging in. 3-4 from downtown! Does Essence have bionic implants in her arms now? How the hell is poor Sydney ever going to see the floor if Essence is scoring like this?

Sparks need to close the door on any comeback efforts for these Buffies and get ready to take on the Mystics on Friday night.


Essence appears to be all business this season and I'm so happy to see it. Good grief, LA likes to make things so difficult!! Great execution for periods and then I can't figure out whether once they get out to a nice lead, they stop doing the things that got them there or if the opposing team change their defensive schemes...hmmm, maybe it's a combination of both... I know this is not just true of LA but it drives me nuts! Please, please for the sake of my frown lines, stop messing around and put teams away!!! It's too late on the east coast for all of this! Laughing Laughing
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I can also not wait till Masha takes Lavenders minutes. If she can not hit her ouside shots she is sort of worth less in the paint.


jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7445



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:
Just logging in. 3-4 from downtown! Does Essence have bionic implants in her arms now? How the hell is poor Sydney ever going to see the floor if Essence is scoring like this?

Sparks need to close the door on any comeback efforts for these Buffies and get ready to take on the Mystics on Friday night.


Essence appears to be all business this season and I'm so happy to see it. Good grief, LA likes to make things so difficult!! Great execution for periods and then I can't figure out whether once they get out to a nice lead, they stop doing the things that got them there or if the opposing team change their defensive schemes...hmmm, maybe it's a combination of both... I know this is not just true of LA but it drives me nuts! Please, please for the sake of my frown lines, stop messing around and put teams away!!! It's too late on the east coast for all of this! Laughing Laughing
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I can also not wait till Masha takes Lavenders minutes. If she can not hit her ouside shots she is sort of worth less in the paint.


Jantel is either still tired from her European tour or is simply out of rhythm for some reason. Nevertheless, we can use our own customized banger in the paint to help prevent Nneka from flirting with early foul trouble. Masha must become the Sheriff of the Tunnel.



_________________
Regards,
J A P
lethalweapon3



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 114
Location: ATL ITP, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I LOVE L.A.!

(And by that, I mean, "Lori Ann"! She's baaaack!)

Rough game for Angel, sure, but what was that at the end of the third quarter?


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9295



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That first quarter was very entertaining -- that's the kind of play casual fans need to see to want more of the WNBA.

Another note: Damn, Candace Parker is good. Like Lisa Leslie before her, she just seems to get a little better every year. Still not a great defender, but otherwise ... oh, I forgot. She's not good enough for USA Basketball.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Atlanta coach apparently didn't want to win. What a weird way to play the 4th quarter.


Quote:
Did Breland get hurt or something. She was playing well and then she was gone?


If it was Cooper it would fit his pattern (of randomness Smile ) but this is a head scratcher. I get IMS playing to the end - as poorly as Williams is playing IMS could do no worse, and I think did a little better. I could see Billings playing some late in the game to see how she does, but not bringing Breland (or Dantas) back didn't make a lot of sense. Dietrick getting all those minutes when Hayes or Angel, or Montgomery were on the bench was really strange. Again - she might have needed to be in 5 minutes due to Sykes injury but beyond that seems pretty odd.

We do have a game Thursday morning so maybe Collen wanted to give out as much rest as possible, lest the Dream become the first team to lose to the Fever. Confused Anyway, Sparks are one team you can get away with a crazy roster since they often play down to the level of their opponents and certainly did in the 4th last night. In any case, Collen can fall back on the idea the odd ball line up stayed with the Sparks and closed the gap to 6 points with 2 minutes to go so the game was in theory at least winnable.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
I LOVE L.A.!

(And by that, I mean, "Lori Ann"! She's baaaack!)

Rough game for Angel, sure, but what was that at the end of the third quarter?


I think Angel wins the Dream about 6 game a year and probably Lori Ann loses them at least 3 games a year. This seems kind of like Bruce Banner and the Hulk. No matter how hard he tries when the shit hits the fan, the Hulk comes out. Unfortunately, Lori only seems to have the some of the Hulk's destructive powers but it unable to use them to save the day.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23122



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel is very very good. But...doesn't it look like she's put on a little extra weight and is half a step slower than she was in '16? (not two steps slower as in Whalen, but just a tad...)



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49336



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Anyway, Sparks are one team you can get away with a crazy roster since they often play down to the level of their opponents and certainly did in the 4th last night.


Exactly what I was thinking. Reeve played odd extended bench minutes in the last game with the Sparks. It was like she didn’t really want to win, but the Sparks didn’t pull away either. It was like they were content with that little bit of buffer but didn’t want to work too hard to destroy a team.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Angel is very very good. But...doesn't it look like she's put on a little extra weight and is half a step slower than she was in '16? (not two steps slower as in Whalen, but just a tad...)


I havent noticed the weight yet but to me she looks less interested somehow. She is hardly even whining to the refs anymore about calls. So thats strange to me Laughing



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57516
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Angel is very very good. But...doesn't it look like she's put on a little extra weight and is half a step slower than she was in '16? (not two steps slower as in Whalen, but just a tad...)


I havent noticed the weight yet but to me she looks less interested somehow. She is hardly even whining to the refs anymore about calls. So thats strange to me Laughing


Brande Elise hasn't been at the games so far. Maybe Angel is distracted.



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7568
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Angel is very very good. But...doesn't it look like she's put on a little extra weight and is half a step slower than she was in '16? (not two steps slower as in Whalen, but just a tad...)


I havent noticed the weight yet but to me she looks less interested somehow. She is hardly even whining to the refs anymore about calls. So thats strange to me Laughing


Brande Elise hasn't been at the games so far. Maybe Angel is distracted.


Those 2 are no longer associated and have not been for a while now.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin