61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Wings
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

somebody I've been riding for is becoming one of least faves...

mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know she’s used to being able to wack people across the arm and get away with it, but it is a foul. And it was a foul in college too.

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looked like a foul but unless Diggins said something bad to the ref, that (the reaction itself) didn’t warrant a T.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 06/12/18 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
FemmeFatale

Jesus Skylar...

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

Watch Me F-bomb the ref 5x.

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins not exactly in MVP form today.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

girl needs a chill-pill.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

not sure about having powers on the floor down the stretch..and gray on the bench, Fred?

and, why do davis think she's a jump shooter?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Watch Me F-bomb the ref 5x.

Diana looking like a proud mother. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Cambage picks up her 5th foul with 8:07 left in the 4th and Dallas up by 8.....Fred leaves her in the game.Liz then picks up her 6th foul 11 seconds later........Coach Williams is such a moron.

Stupid idiot cost us the basketball game.

mercfan

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big win against a team that I don’t think anybody wants to see in the playoffs.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that was one hell of a game even tho I thought the refs screwed the Merc but they won anyway! Great game Merc and Congratulations Very Happy

bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
toad455 wrote:

girl needs a chill-pill.

Indeed!

bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
4 minute review on the Taurasi play.

Defensive foul on Lyttle.

Makes sense.

Have they called a foul on Dallas yet?

I actually don’t mind how loosely this game has been called. I just found that particular sequence to be funny. Dallas played extremely well and Phoenix is only down 3 so I’ll take it.

As for the flagrant, someone smarter than me could correct me on the rule but Liz unfortunately made too much physical contact to the face for it to not be called. Regardless of intent.

Yes, and I thought it was very interesting how the homer commenter kept making remarks about how the big girl Liz needs space to come down. They don't think the other big girl BG needs room as well!

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
So Cambage picks up her 5th foul with 8:07 left in the 4th and Dallas up by 8.....Fred leaves her in the game.Liz then picks up her 6th foul 11 seconds later........Coach Williams is such a moron.

He was stupid for trusting her to not make a stupid foul.

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

He was stupid for trusting her to not make a stupid foul.

A total dolt.

Player picks up 5th foul with 8 minutes to go,and you have an 8 point lead.....Common sense would tell you to take the player out of the game.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Big win against a team that I don’t think anybody wants to see in the playoffs.

+1 PHX is looking like an early favorite for a finals appearance. LA PHX and CONN are on a different level. Dallas seems to have upgraded from a third tier team to a 2nd tier with Seattle,and ATL. My title talk has ended im back with PP's and im staying consistent this time! Laughing

PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred Williams lost a close game? Shocked

PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I didn't see the game, but it doesn't say much for Cambage's intelligence either

PostPosted: 06/13/18 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
not sure about having powers on the floor down the stretch..and gray on the bench, Fred?

and, why do davis think she's a jump shooter?

Davis is always sure she's the best player on the court!

- Amanda Gorman
mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/13/18 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I didn't see the game, but it doesn't say much for Cambage's intelligence either

In most cases I’d agree, but no one knew what a foul was that game.

PostPosted: 06/13/18 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:

In most cases I’d agree, but no one knew what a foul was that game.

The refs were blowing their whistles for EVERYTHING. they really needed to let Cambage and Griner play. And Johnson and Little. And Diggins and Taurasi

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ClayK

PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG haters are all over her when she doesn't rebound -- note that Cambage had 3 rebounds in 23:05, while Griner had 5 in 27:10. Where's the outrage?

Now, as for leaving Cambage in with that fifth foul. So the received wisdom is that you take someone out with 8 minutes to go and an eight-point lead, as presumably you only have X number of minutes left before foul number six is called.

The question, then, is when do you want those X number of minutes? (This is similar to the closer debate in baseball, about always saving the closer until the ninth inning even if there's a really critical situation in the seventh.) Is it always, always, automatically better to have those X number of minutes later in the game? Or what if keeping the player in extends the lead to 12 or 15 before she fouls out and thus assures victory?

In this particular case, how valuable would Cambage's 11 seconds have been with three minutes left, or one minute? You still only got 11 seconds out of her, no matter when ...

Of course, one argument goes that as players tire, they are more likely to foul, so you take them out to make sure they don't foul because of fatigue. But Cambage had only played 23 minutes, so it doesn't make sense that it was a fatigue foul.

You see this more and more in the NBA, where players aren't coming out when they pick up two early fouls, especially in crucial games. (For coaches, sometimes those early fouls in the regular season are an opportunity to a) rest players who don't want to rest, and b) give backups minutes when the game is still in spin.)

PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
BG haters are all over her when she doesn't rebound -- note that Cambage had 3 rebounds in 23:05, while Griner had 5 in 27:10. Where's the outrage?

Now, as for leaving Cambage in with that fifth foul. So the received wisdom is that you take someone out with 8 minutes to go and an eight-point lead, as presumably you only have X number of minutes left before foul number six is called.

The question, then, is when do you want those X number of minutes? (This is similar to the closer debate in baseball, about always saving the closer until the ninth inning even if there's a really critical situation in the seventh.) Is it always, always, automatically better to have those X number of minutes later in the game? Or what if keeping the player in extends the lead to 12 or 15 before she fouls out and thus assures victory?

In this particular case, how valuable would Cambage's 11 seconds have been with three minutes left, or one minute? You still only got 11 seconds out of her, no matter when ...

Of course, one argument goes that as players tire, they are more likely to foul, so you take them out to make sure they don't foul because of fatigue. But Cambage had only played 23 minutes, so it doesn't make sense that it was a fatigue foul.

You see this more and more in the NBA, where players aren't coming out when they pick up two early fouls, especially in crucial games. (For coaches, sometimes those early fouls in the regular season are an opportunity to a) rest players who don't want to rest, and b) give backups minutes when the game is still in spin.)

Some people try to convince themselves that Griner is not a 1st teamer. The amount of times someone has “outplayed” her according to this board is astonishing.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/13/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Likely not much outrage to be found, since most people don't overreact to one game that goes against a general trend. Do you think they should?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: