Dream
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Sparks
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 22

Shades

PostPosted: 06/10/18 9:49 pm    ::: Dream @ Sparks - 6/12/18 Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles, CA - 10:30 PM ET
TV: SpecSN

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180612/ATLLAS

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018833

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 06/11/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully Angel will make it to LA

https://twitter.com/JameelahJNBA/status/1006216838865408000

PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Laughing wide awake and ready to go!

(or is it a hint of a trade to come?) Wink

- Amanda Gorman
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite their record, I feel that the Sparks are not playing consistently well. I expect Atlanta to bring strong intensity and it will be on LA to decide how they will respond. Hoping for a good game with a Sparks win (of course). Also, hoping we can get our first look at Vadeeva.

Go Sparks!
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I think they're already in LA chicago is just on the way out while ATL is coming in. I have a hard time taking the sparks inthis one. ATL seems to have the sparks number in LA the past few seasons

PostPosted: 06/12/18 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time for the Sparks to vanquish the Dream! Time to start making statements about their intentions for this season!

PostPosted: 06/12/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream do seem to knock the Sparks off from time to time, but not sure you can count on it.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im so sick of tiffany hayes she cries more than anyone and swears she never fouls. Shes been really showing out with the refs this season. Maybe the all star nod.last year got to her head but she needs to shut up and play.

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCoughtry can be such a knobhead sometimes.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JR Smith moment...

tfan

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN box score shows Blake Dietrick (6 min) and Maggie Lucas (0 min) have both played.

jap

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just logging in. 3-4 from downtown! Does Essence have bionic implants in her arms now? How the hell is poor Sydney ever going to see the floor if Essence is scoring like this?

Sparks need to close the door on any comeback efforts for these Buffies and get ready to take on the Mystics on Friday night.

Last edited by jap on 06/12/18 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dietrick trying to be the hero?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Dietrick trying to be the hero?

She's already a hero just by not allowing her inability to play basketball at a high level to stop her being on a WNBA roster.
Wiese is also heroic that way.

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta coach apparently didn't want to win. What a weird way to play the 4th quarter.

- Amanda Gorman
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Just logging in. 3-4 from downtown! Does Essence have bionic implants in her arms now? How the hell is poor Sydney ever going to see the floor if Essence is scoring like this?

Sparks need to close the door on any comeback efforts for these Buffies and get ready to take on the Mystics on Friday night.

Essence appears to be all business this season and I'm so happy to see it. Good grief, LA likes to make things so difficult!! Great execution for periods and then I can't figure out whether once they get out to a nice lead, they stop doing the things that got them there or if the opposing team change their defensive schemes...hmmm, maybe it's a combination of both... I know this is not just true of LA but it drives me nuts! Please, please for the sake of my frown lines, stop messing around and put teams away!!! It's too late on the east coast for all of this! Laughing Laughing

Kailapea

PostPosted: 06/13/18 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Breland get hurt or something. She was playing well and then she was gone?

PostPosted: 06/13/18 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:

Essence appears to be all business this season and I'm so happy to see it. Good grief, LA likes to make things so difficult!! Great execution for periods and then I can't figure out whether once they get out to a nice lead, they stop doing the things that got them there or if the opposing team change their defensive schemes...hmmm, maybe it's a combination of both... I know this is not just true of LA but it drives me nuts! Please, please for the sake of my frown lines, stop messing around and put teams away!!! It's too late on the east coast for all of this! Laughing Laughing
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I can also not wait till Masha takes Lavenders minutes. If she can not hit her ouside shots she is sort of worth less in the paint.

jap

PostPosted: 06/13/18 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I can also not wait till Masha takes Lavenders minutes. If she can not hit her ouside shots she is sort of worth less in the paint.

Jantel is either still tired from her European tour or is simply out of rhythm for some reason. Nevertheless, we can use our own customized banger in the paint to help prevent Nneka from flirting with early foul trouble. Masha must become the Sheriff of the Tunnel.

PostPosted: 06/13/18 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I LOVE L.A.!

(And by that, I mean, "Lori Ann"! She's baaaack!)

Rough game for Angel, sure, but what was that at the end of the third quarter?

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That first quarter was very entertaining -- that's the kind of play casual fans need to see to want more of the WNBA.

Another note: Damn, Candace Parker is good. Like Lisa Leslie before her, she just seems to get a little better every year. Still not a great defender, but otherwise ... oh, I forgot. She's not good enough for USA Basketball.

PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Atlanta coach apparently didn't want to win. What a weird way to play the 4th quarter.

Quote:
Did Breland get hurt or something. She was playing well and then she was gone?

If it was Cooper it would fit his pattern (of randomness Smile ) but this is a head scratcher. I get IMS playing to the end - as poorly as Williams is playing IMS could do no worse, and I think did a little better. I could see Billings playing some late in the game to see how she does, but not bringing Breland (or Dantas) back didn't make a lot of sense. Dietrick getting all those minutes when Hayes or Angel, or Montgomery were on the bench was really strange. Again - she might have needed to be in 5 minutes due to Sykes injury but beyond that seems pretty odd.

We do have a game Thursday morning so maybe Collen wanted to give out as much rest as possible, lest the Dream become the first team to lose to the Fever. Confused Anyway, Sparks are one team you can get away with a crazy roster since they often play down to the level of their opponents and certainly did in the 4th last night. In any case, Collen can fall back on the idea the odd ball line up stayed with the Sparks and closed the gap to 6 points with 2 minutes to go so the game was in theory at least winnable.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/13/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
I LOVE L.A.!

(And by that, I mean, "Lori Ann"! She's baaaack!)

Rough game for Angel, sure, but what was that at the end of the third quarter?

I think Angel wins the Dream about 6 game a year and probably Lori Ann loses them at least 3 games a year. This seems kind of like Bruce Banner and the Hulk. No matter how hard he tries when the shit hits the fan, the Hulk comes out. Unfortunately, Lori only seems to have the some of the Hulk's destructive powers but it unable to use them to save the day.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/13/18 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel is very very good. But...doesn't it look like she's put on a little extra weight and is half a step slower than she was in '16? (not two steps slower as in Whalen, but just a tad...)

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 06/13/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Anyway, Sparks are one team you can get away with a crazy roster since they often play down to the level of their opponents and certainly did in the 4th last night.

Exactly what I was thinking. Reeve played odd extended bench minutes in the last game with the Sparks. It was like she didn’t really want to win, but the Sparks didn’t pull away either. It was like they were content with that little bit of buffer but didn’t want to work too hard to destroy a team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: