16%  [ 4 ]
Sparks
83%
 83%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 24

jap

PostPosted: 06/10/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
These rebounding issues by LA gotta be work on.

It is not as bad as it looks when one looks at the whole game. They actually out-rebounded the Sky 45-36. 22 of ChiTown's rebbies were due to Cheyenne Parker (12) and Gabby Williams (10). The Sparks spread the rebbie wealth around more: Nneka (8 ), Alana & Odyssey (7 each), Candace & Jantel (6 each). However, there were times when Cheyenne looked like a bulldozer amongst a litter of Yugos.

Still, I rather they saved their energy for the pesky Dream track & fielders, who always play us hard. The WNBA loves to schedule the Dream as the second half of a back to back duo of games; so Tuesday night's scheduling is not as bad as earlier years.

PostPosted: 06/10/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once Masha gets into the line up we should see the rebounding go up. She is more of a traditional banging post player.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G. Williams and Deshields not a good day to be a Sky rookie

Free K. Copper. It must suck to be on a steady upward career trajectory and then have two highly touted rookies come in and block your progress.

I'm not saying I wouldn't play Diamond before Copper (actually I would start Diamond over Gabby as well), but I would be annoyed if I was Copper.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I must have been the only one who noticed that Gabby went off for 26 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, and 3 stl against PHX.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I must have been the only one who noticed that Gabby went off for 26 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, and 3 stl against PHX.

No but seeing as though it didn't happen this game im not seeing the relevance.

PostPosted: 06/11/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am glad that Stocks started Cheyenne Parker. She should remain the Sky's starting power forward until she falls off the planet or until the Sky obtain a better post player than her. Please let's end the Gabby Williams experiment playing the power forward position for the Sky.

PostPosted: 06/11/18 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I am glad that Stocks started Cheyenne Parker. She should remain the Sky's starting power forward until she falls off the planet or until the Sky obtain a better post player than her. Please let's end the Gabby Williams experiment playing the power forward position for the Sky.

Where (and when) would you play Gabby? Who are your starting 5? The back court is Sloot and Quigley, right? The front court (until Dolson heals) is Parker and Ndour? Who's at the three? Copper? Gabby? DeShields?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/11/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Where (and when) would you play Gabby? Who are your starting 5? The back court is Sloot and Quigley, right? The front court (until Dolson heals) is Parker and Ndour? Who's at the three? Copper? Gabby? DeShields?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/11/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Stocks created that conundrum when she added too many wing players to the Sky. Someone will get very limited minutes. Just like the problem in Dallas with all their SG/SF they have.

PostPosted: 06/11/18 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I were the HC.This would be my starting lineup:

G-Vandersloot
G-Quigley
C-Dolson
F-Parker
F-DeShields
6-Faulkner
7-Williams
8-Copper
9-Coates

Using Faulkner or Copper as the centerpiece of a trade to bring in a PF and/or backup PG would also be an option.....The are plenty of trade possibilities that would work for well for Chicago,and their trading partners.There are a number of teams that could use a young wing(Copper) or starting PG(Faulkner)

When Chicago's at full strength...The minutes for Copper/Faulkner are very limited.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/11/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

G-Vandersloot
G-Quigley
C-Dolson
F-Parker
F-DeShields
6-Faulkner
7-Williams
8-Copper
9-Coates

Using Faulkner or Copper as the centerpiece of a trade to bring in a PF and/or backup PG would also be an option.....The are plenty of trade possibilities that would work for well for Chicago,and their trading partners.There are a number of teams that could use a young wing(Copper) or starting PG(Faulkner)

When Chicago's at full strength...The minutes for Copper/Faulkner are very limited.

How many teams are looking for a PG? Libs maybe?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/11/18 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

G-Vandersloot
G-Quigley
C-Dolson
F-Parker
F-DeShields
6-Faulkner
7-Williams
8-Copper
9-Coates

Where is Ndour in your lineup?

And teams are never full strength for long, as injuries happen. I would keep Faulkner. Copper does need minutes, however.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/11/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

G-Vandersloot
G-Quigley
C-Dolson
F-Parker
F-DeShields
6-Faulkner
7-Williams
8-Copper
9-Coates

But aren't the Liberty SG/SF rich as well? Unless the Sky want Vaughn!?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/11/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

G-Vandersloot
G-Quigley
C-Dolson
F-Parker
F-DeShields
6-Faulkner
7-Williams
8-Copper
9-Coates

But aren't the Liberty SG/SF rich as well? Unless the Sky want Vaughn!?

No old farts please.

PostPosted: 06/11/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Atlanta-I don’t think Montgomery is the answer…Faulkner could be an 18-22 mpg backup.

LV-The Aces could definitely use a PG...Allen has done a solid job for LV,but her offense is limited.Faulkner is capable of dropping 12-16 pts on any given night...The timetable for Jefferson's return is still unknown.

Indiana-Faulkner had her best season under P.Chatman.

Faulkner wouldn't have to start for any of the three aforementioned teams.

I just don't see Copper/Faulkner getting enough minutes to thrive...Chicago should move one of them.

Ndour is the backup 4...and sometimes 5 against the more athletic post players…...Coates should be the backup 5 against the big strong centers…….So until Chicago finds a better option at the 4/5 positions, Ndour is the 1st/2nd post off the bench......Gabby should be the backup SF....and only play PF when the opposition goes small.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/11/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Williams starting, like with Christmas-Kelly in Dallas, Williams brings a nice balance to the starting line up. She does a lot of the little things that don’t show up in the box score, and she’s the best defender on the Sky team.
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/12/18 4:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Atlanta-I don’t think Montgomery is the answer…Faulkner could be an 18-22 mpg backup.

LV-The Aces could definitely use a PG...Allen has done a solid job for LV,but her offense is limited.Faulkner is capable of dropping 12-16 pts on any given night...The timetable for Jefferson's return is still unknown.

Indiana-Faulkner had her best season under P.Chatman.

Faulkner wouldn't have to start for any of the three aforementioned teams.

I just don't see Copper/Faulkner getting enough minutes to thrive...Chicago should move one of them.

Ndour is the backup 4...and sometimes 5 against the more athletic post players…...Coates should be the backup 5 against the big strong centers…….So until Chicago finds a better option at the 4/5 positions, Ndour is the 1st/2nd post off the bench......Gabby should be the backup SF....and only play PF when the opposition goes small.

So Faulker is not getting enough minutes in Chicago so she should go to a team with Montgomery/Clarendon, or a team with Allen/Plum/Jefferson? Doesn't make sense. Indiana doesn't need more guards either.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/12/18 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Faulkner is exactly where she should be and that is playing for the Sky. Cool

PostPosted: 06/12/18 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Maybe Minnesota should go after Faulkner in 2019?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/12/18 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Maybe Minnesota should go after Faulkner in 2019?

No, they have too many PG’s as it is. If Whalen retires then they are a little closer to PG equilibrium. Hopefully Wright will have a couple more years in her. She’s been the best pickup of the season for the Lynx.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/12/18 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

So Faulker is not getting enough minutes in Chicago so she should go to a team with Montgomery/Clarendon, or a team with Allen/Plum/Jefferson? Doesn't make sense. Indiana doesn't need more guards either.

It makes no sense because you failed to read my original post...I clearly said...

"Using Faulkner or Copper as the centerpiece of a trade to bring in a PF and/or backup PG"

1.If the Sky trade Faulkner,getting a PG in return would be a priority(Clarendon,Allen)

2.Who cares how many PG's the Aces have?

A.Jefferson's recovering from an injury.
B.Plum still hasn't found her offensive game at the pro level,and is a liability on defense.
C.Allen is a pass first PG...LV could use an offensive minded PG off the bench.

3.Atlanta's now 5-3....So i'm not really sure they'd be open to making a trade.

4.Indiana could definitely use a backup PG...and wing player(Copper)........T.Mitchell & Gwathmey are not the answer...

Shades

PostPosted: 06/12/18 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

It makes no sense because you failed to read my original post...I clearly said...

"Using Faulkner or Copper as the centerpiece of a trade to bring in a PF and/or backup PG"

1.If the Sky trade Faulkner,getting a PG in return would be a priority(Clarendon,Allen)

It’s confusing because you want to give up a backup PG to get back a backup PG. Might as well keep things the way they are. Sloot and Faulkner respect each other and have a good working relationship. Why mess with that dynamic? It’s a good thing.

zune69 wrote:
2.Who cares how many PG's the Aces have?

A.Jefferson's recovering from an injury.
B.Plum still hasn't found her offensive game at the pro level,and is a liability on defense.
C.Allen is a pass first PG...LV could use an offensive minded PG off the bench.

The weird thing about Plum and Allen, whoever comes off the bench seems to have the better game. Right now they both seem like better bench players. That works well with Jefferson returning very soon.

Go watch the Dream vs Aces game. Allen looks like she might be worth keeping around.

zune69 wrote:
3.Atlanta's now 5-3....So i'm not really sure they'd be open to making a trade.

Maybe you could finagle a Copper for Dietrick trade, to the benefit of no one really.

zune69 wrote:
4.Indiana could definitely use a backup PG...and wing player(Copper)........T.Mitchell & Gwathmey are not the answer...

T Mitchell has been one of their better players, and Shenise should be returning soon.

A little patience all around is in order.

Now if you want to talk about getting some frontline help for the Lynx, I’m listening. Reeve should hit up the Liberty the next time Zahui has a bad game.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/12/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

It’s confusing because you want to give up a backup PG to get back a backup PG. Might as well keep things the way they are. Sloot and Faulkner respect each other and have a good working relationship. Why mess with that dynamic? It’s a good thing.

Well,Faulkner is a shoot first pg.Allen and Clarendon are pass first pg's.

Faukner:8.9 fga in 24.8 mpg
Clarendon:3.8 fga in 15.7 mpg.
Allen:6.9 fga in 25 mpg

And it's not just the shot attempts,it's their mindset.Clarendon/Allen are looking to set players up 1st,shoot 2nd.....Faulkner is looking to score 1st,pass the ball 2nd....How can DD/Copper get quality shots coming off the bench if Faulkner is more focused on getting her own offense 1st?....DD/Copper took 16 fg's against LA...0-9 from 3 pt range and only 2-2 at the FT line...DD/Copper are at their best when they're getting to the FT line...In the first 4 games of the season.Faulkner had the same amount of shot attempts as Dolson....A Backup PG taking the same amount of shots as your 2nd option should never happen.I understand Faulkner was playing the lion's share of the minutes at pg,but that's still not a good enough excuse.

Shades wrote:
Go watch the Dream vs Aces game. Allen looks like she might be worth keeping around.

Agreed,I've always loved Allen's game.

Shades wrote:
T Mitchell has been one of their better players, and Shenise should be returning soon.

T.Mitchell...career 35%/27% shooter with a 1:1 a/t ratio...Mitchell's defense isn't much better...I've watched 5 Indiana games this season(Wash,Dal,Ny,Chi,Ny)...and i'm not impressed at all...i've seen DD,Diggins,and Nurse all light Mitchell up.

Mitchell is relatively young.So I wouldn't write her off just yet.But I don't think she's a starter at the pro level...Bench player? Yes.

Shades wrote:
Now if you want to talk about getting some frontline help for the Lynx, I’m listening. Reeve should hit up the Liberty the next time Zahui has a bad game.

Minnesota's 1st rd pick for Zahiu B & R.Allen.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/12/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Shades wrote:

Minnesota's 1st rd pick for Zahiu B & R.Allen.

They don’t need Allen and you know the first round pick ain’t happening.
The Aces’ second round pick (all that’s left of the Howard trade) should be a tempting morsel. Spooner loves Mabrey, and the Libs should be able to pick her up with that pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: