38%  [ 8 ]
Sun
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 21

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 06/10/18 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
lynx are straight trash this season no D no offense just old as hell...

I disagree, there not in last place so I don't consider them straight trash

PostPosted: 06/10/18 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
This is of course all craziness....but that being said, why wouldn't Maya be interested in going to Atlanta where she 'lives' or to Connecticut where she clearly has roots? Especially when most of her current teammates are about to retire or ought to be about to retire... How about a complete changing of the guard? It happens to all dynasties.

This was one the worst dynasties ever (left too many wins/titles on the table). Reeve didn't even try to make it last beyond last year and throughout all of Maya's career. If only Shades were GM of the Lynx (hire me as an assistant though!), the Lynx would've been so much better off. šŸ˜­

they would not even hire you to be a g league wnba assistant GM

That still makes me better than that idiot Cheryl Reeve running the Lynx into the ground with her stupid trades and signings.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/10/18 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Maybe Moore is frustrated because she wants to play for a great coach and plans on leaving Minnesota for CT next season. I would if I were her.

Reeve must've been inspired by the Thunder, as she pulled a James Harden trade on us (great, now Seattle has a WNBA team to make fun of, along with an NBA team), so now the Lynx just need their franchise player to leave to go to a team with a better coach and better players like Durant, and it's complete, in much quicker fashion!
Either that, or while all these top WNBA teams are becoming like the Warriors, Reeve is inspired by the Cavs, and decided to just throw random uninspiring players around Maya (& Fowles) and hope a miracle happens, only for Maya to walk, like LeBron might, if it doesn't work any longer.

Do you even think before you type sometimes Shocked

Yes, and I think that you, and other Minnesota fans are FUCKING ASS HOLE IDIOTS for embracing losing and not caring about winning like I do. There is no reason for the Lynx to not be a top team when they still have Maya Moore & Fowles in their primes. There was NO REASON to trade a perfectly good player in Natasha Howard for nothing instead of keeping her and letting her thrive here, which was the most obvious move in history for anybody who knows anything about building a roster. I'd rather have Howard than Kizer & Miyem, and then if there's one fewer guard to afford, roles would've been more defined. Howard is so much more of an upgrade over Kizer/Miyem than D-Rob over Jones and cheaper PG options out there, and Lynx could just try to acquire D-Rob next year if Whalen retires.

And I want to risk being BANNED for up to one MONTH for saying FUCK YOU to every person on this board except for WNBA 09 for hating on me for being mad at the Lynx for ruining their chances to win a 5th title or more without having to tank this year and rebuild with a #1 pick because of that idiotic Howard trade.
REEVE'S OFFSEASON WAS A FUCKING DISGRACE, AND I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE PISSED! SHE DID MORE TO HELP SEATTLE THAN ANYTHING TO HELP MINNESOTA! IF A MEN'S TEAM IN A MARKET THAT CARED PULLED OFF THIS CRAP, THEY'D BE ASKING FOR THE GM OR COACH'S HEAD!

blaase22

PostPosted: 06/10/18 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
lynx are straight trash this season no D no offense just old as hell...

I disagree, there not in last place so I don't consider them straight trash

being only ahead of the hapless aces and fever is something to be very ashamed of no sense being an apologist Reeve has made questionable decisions Rolling Eyes

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/10/18 3:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goddamn, no wonder so many people are annoyed as hell with Lynx fans. How entitled do we have to be to be freaking out over some losses? Our team just had the most dominate stretch in league history, and we witnessed arguably the greatest WNBA Dynasty ever, and yet when the end comes (if it actually has, it's still really early) it wasn't enough? There are fans of other teams who would do near on anything to have their team accomplish what the Lynx have done; what must they be thinking when they see this sort of tantrum?

We all knew that the end would eventually come, that Ozymandias, king of kings, would be left a colossal wreck, boundless and bare. So why the insanity if it has?

(And BTW, the Lynx are not just Natasha Howard away from title #5. Their problems run much deeper than that. I mean, right now this is a team that is turning the ball over like crazy, and can't regularly hit open 3s to save their lives. Heck, they struggle even hitting layups and free throws right now. That trade doesn't happen and they would simply be a bad team with Natasha Howard on it, rather than a bad team without her.)

PostPosted: 06/10/18 6:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Goddamn, no wonder so many people are annoyed as hell with Lynx fans. How entitled do we have to be to be freaking out over some losses? Our team just had the most dominate stretch in league history, and we witnessed arguably the greatest WNBA Dynasty ever, and yet when the end comes (if it actually has, it's still really early) it wasn't enough? There are fans of other teams who would do near on anything to have their team accomplish what the Lynx have done; what must they be thinking when they see this sort of tantrum?

We all knew that the end would eventually come, that Ozymandias, king of kings, would be left a colossal wreck, boundless and bare. So why the insanity if it has?

(And BTW, the Lynx are not just Natasha Howard away from title #5. Their problems run much deeper than that. I mean, right now this is a team that is turning the ball over like crazy, and can't regularly hit open 3s to save their lives. Heck, they struggle even hitting layups and free throws right now. That trade doesn't happen and they would simply be a bad team with Natasha Howard on it, rather than a bad team without her.)

No, people hate Lynx fans because they are cocky as hell and act like they are perfect because they won 4 titles (helps when your team's roster was so much better than all the other teams, that would be impossible not to lose, until the Sparks caught up after getting Agler as head coach. I knew he was going to straighten out the Sparks). Those are the fans who tried to make fun of Parker for being a loser and act like the Sparks will never win anything, only to have the Lynx lose to them in 2016 (and then blame the refs for the Lynx losing, instead of the Lynx's mistakes). I don't tempt fate like that. I want the Lynx to keep trying to win because it's not worth risking the Sparks winning multiple titles, or the Sun becoming a dynasty (in a league with more talent than the first half of this decade, when the Lynx had much less competition).

I scour the Twitterverse, and no fans from other teams hate meā€”they hate the aforementioned cocky Lynx fans. The only people who hate me are fellow Lynx fans who won't accept me being the one realist amongst them.

I am mad because Reeve/the Lynx's moves this offseason make no sense and have no direction, and I tried to give Reeve/the Lynx the benefit of the doubt (but was confused about the lack of any information on why she'd trade Howard), but I knew right after the season started my gut that she messed up badly was true.

I am not mad that the Lynx are losing, I am mad at the incompetence!
If the goal is the win this year, then you keep Howard, because you always keep talent at all costs, and it is so obvious now that Howard is so much better than what Reeve went with for the frontcourt. (Heck, Howard is statistically better than anybody on the Lynx, and almost all other players in the WNBA this year).
If the goal is to set up the team for the future, then you obviously keep Howard too, especially since you shouldn't expect Brunson to play forever.

If the Lynx lose this year, or are still a "bad team" with Howard on it, fine. Then you add another young piece to build around Maya when the older vets are retiring, so the post-Whalen, Augustus, Brunson Lynx include Maya, Howard, and high 2019 draft pick, instead of just higher 2019 draft pick. I would be fine with that, and would trust the process. I thought the process was going to be Howard getting all of the backup minutes vacated by Pierson's retirement, and eventually be the Lynx starting PF, and Alexis Jones replacing Renee Montgomery's minutes. That's what I wanted the process to be! If that wasn't good enough to win this year due to growing pains, I'd live with it!

I am sick of the Lynx this year because I don't see what the goal for this year is, or what the process is. I can't believe the Lynx got rid of Howard because Reeve wanted to stoop so low and go full multi-year tank mode while Maya should be in her prime. But that is what it looks like at the surface, so basically this is all incompetence. And I know what incompetence looks likeā€”I've been a Timberwolves fan my entire life so I know a train-wreck when I see it! This offseason was like David Kahn was running the Lynx.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/10/18 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya doesn't strike me as the demand a trade type, but I could imagine her quietly asking (like several players have over the years - more an 'I'd like to be in X if you can work it out' than a 'trade me there or else'). In that situation, you better be ready to give up a king's ransom to get her. I'm not sure what that it, but they'd want plenty back (start with Tiffany Hayes and then add on if you were Atlanta).

PostPosted: 06/10/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Maya doesn't strike me as the demand a trade type, but I could imagine her quietly asking (like several players have over the years - more an 'I'd like to be in X if you can work it out' than a 'trade me there or else'). In that situation, you better be ready to give up a king's ransom to get her. I'm not sure what that it, but they'd want plenty back (start with Tiffany Hayes and then add on if you were Atlanta).

I agree. But then, I thought the same about Syl, so who really knows. Connecticut might be better able to come up with the pieces to make it happen. Much tougher for Atlanta, even though their draft pick would be better.

And again, who knows, maybe Maya would be ok with being the mama bear on a rebuilding team. Any team that still has Maya and Syl (Presumably for a few more years) won't be the total shits. She's always been so competitive, that's a bit hard to see, but we all grow older and some of us grow more mellow too so anything is possible. Also, if you add some younger talent/legs in it might not take them TOO long to rebuild.

- Amanda Gorman
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/10/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didnā€™t Maya sign a 4 year contract back in 2015? Isnā€™t that contract up after this season? Did she re-sign to another multi-year contract already to remain with the Lynx past 2018?

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 06/10/18 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[nm]

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/10/18 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Didnā€™t Maya sign a 4 year contract back in 2015? Isnā€™t that contract up after this season? Did she re-sign to another multi-year contract already to remain with the Lynx past 2018?

I believe she signed in 2015 and that's the only one since her rookie deal, so it was presumably a four-year that expires after this season. For what difference that makes considering they'll just core her anyway.

PostPosted: 06/10/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I donā€™t think theyā€™d be a bad team with Howard on it. Sheā€™d be that key player thatā€™s missing right now, that one major component that was missing for SEA last year.

With Fowles, I think itā€™s mostly fatigue setting in already. Thereā€™s is no proper backup for her. It was supposed to be Fagbenle or Kizer, but weā€™ve seen how good they are.... hopefully they can somehow improve or the Lynx will be hurting for certain. Howard would be vastly superior to either and sheā€™d be getting full time minutes backing up either post position.

Mayaā€™s been disappointing because she hasnā€™t been able to kick it into super woman mode. Just too much for even Maya to overcome. Batman and Robin is just not enough with the team they have right now. Only Augustus steps up on occasion and sheā€™s been a big defensive liability like Whalen.

And Reeve.... whatā€™s with the strange substitutions? Itā€™s like sheā€™s trying to figure things out on the fly and nothingā€™s working. Sheā€™s not great when things arenā€™t working out well. Her GM skills are actually rivaling her coaching skills this year.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

I believe she signed in 2015 and that's the only one since her rookie deal, so it was presumably a four-year that expires after this season. For what difference that makes considering they'll just core her anyway.

The difference is if she didnā€™t sign another extension before this season (if it was offered and I cannot imagine it not being offered), then that could be an indication that Maya is waiting to see how this season goes before committing to another long term contract. She can be cored, but being cored most likely means sheā€™s asking for a trade. The Lynx arenā€™t going to force her to play for them, ala Pokey. How big of a kick in the gut would that be for Lynx fans when arguably the best player in the world at age 28 wants to move on. This is all speculation at this point so hopefully none of it comes to fruition.

And I believe Fowles is here mostly for Maya and what she brings. I donā€™t believe she is here for Reeve. No Maya, probably no Fowles too. Yikes.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One problem might be they can't core both Moore and Fowles. As for Fowles sticking with Moore, I thought it was Augustus that "recruited" her.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
One problem might be they can't core both Moore and Fowles.

Iā€™ll have to do some research. They might have Fowles through 2019.

Randy wrote:
As for Fowles sticking with Moore, I thought it was Augustus that "recruited" her.

The Lynx arenā€™t who they are without Maya. I doubt it was strictly an LSU thing that brought Fowles here. Pokey has an LSU thing going too.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remind me again how many times a player can be cored ...

Also, say Moore is cored but opts to sit out the season. Does that core still count?

I would think that would be Moore's biggest lever in negotiations (not playing in the WNBA) should she want to play somewhere else. I have no idea whether she feels any loyalty to the Lynx organization or fans, and I think that may be a big part of what happens.

If she feels an obligation, she would likely stay; but if she feels she's done her part, moving on makes sense. Why not expand her brand into another market, or play close to home, or play for a better team, or whatever? She's not going to have this choice more than once (whenever it is).

PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Remind me again how many times a player can be cored ...

Four

ClayK wrote:
Also, say Moore is cored but opts to sit out the season. Does that core still count?

Nope.

Randy wrote:
One problem might be they can't core both Moore and Fowles.

Fowles signed an extension at the end of last season. The designation only applies for the length of the original contract, not extensions.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: