myrtle

PostPosted: 06/09/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya looked pretty frustrated...maybe she asks for a trade. Wink

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 06/09/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Umm, well it's like I said in the preseason, this is Maya's last year on her contract. Maybe that's why Reeve wants to hang onto Zandalasini so bad.... because Reeve was unable to sign Maya to an extension this off season. Could explain why Maya is so out-of-sorts, kinda like when Wiggins was in such a funk in her last year with the Lynx.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 06/09/18 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/09/18 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whalen has been the worst starting PG in the league this year. PG’s with better stats were waived in training camp in the spring. Lynx should waive Whalen. Wouldn’t that be a kicker. All jokes aside, she’s been horrible this year. Actually, the entire team has been pretty terrible this year aside from Moore and Fowles have been carrying them all year, well, carrying them to the lottery.

Maybe Moore is frustrated because she wants to play for a great coach and plans on leaving Minnesota for CT next season. I would if I were her.

blaase22

PostPosted: 06/09/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Whalen has been the worst starting PG in the league this year. PG’s with better stats were waived in training camp in the spring. Lynx should waive Whalen. Wouldn’t that be a kicker. All jokes aside, she’s been horrible this year. Actually, the entire team has been pretty terrible this year aside from Moore and Fowles have been carrying them all year, well, carrying them to the lottery.

Maybe Moore is frustrated because she wants to play for a great coach and plans on leaving Minnesota for CT next season. I would if I were her.

Shouldn’t your team win something meaningful before you get cocky? Laughing

SDHoops

PostPosted: 06/09/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun were an airballed three away from winning the 2004 title..and also finished runner-up in the league at least one other season. So it's not like the Sun don't have any history. Just thought I'd throw that out there lol

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/09/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Reeve must've been inspired by the Thunder, as she pulled a James Harden trade on us (great, now Seattle has a WNBA team to make fun of, along with an NBA team), so now the Lynx just need their franchise player to leave to go to a team with a better coach and better players like Durant, and it's complete, in much quicker fashion!
Either that, or while all these top WNBA teams are becoming like the Warriors, Reeve is inspired by the Cavs, and decided to just throw random uninspiring players around Maya (& Fowles) and hope a miracle happens, only for Maya to walk, like LeBron might, if it doesn't work any longer.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/09/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
The Sun were an airballed three away from winning the 2004 title..and also finished runner-up in the league at least one other season. So it's not like the Sun don't have any history. Just thought I'd throw that out there lol

True but having a little bit more respect for these champions (Whalen, Augustus and Brunson) seems in order but maybe that's my opinion

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/09/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Umm, well it's like I said in the preseason, this is Maya's last year on her contract. Maybe that's why Reeve wants to hang onto Zandalasini so bad.... because Reeve was unable to sign Maya to an extension this off season. Could explain why Maya is so out-of-sorts, kinda like when Wiggins was in such a funk in her last year with the Lynx.

i will give you right now Nurse+Rodgers+1st round 2019 for Miss Maya Moore. Deal?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt the Liberty would be what Maya had in mind.
BTW, this is all just speculation.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I doubt the Liberty would be what Maya had in mind.
BTW, this is all just speculation.

Nothing says Maya is important than basically wasting her prime by intentionally weakening the roster around her to make it more difficult to compete with top teams this year and in the future. Sad

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is of course all craziness....but that being said, why wouldn't Maya be interested in going to Atlanta where she 'lives' or to Connecticut where she clearly has roots? Especially when most of her current teammates are about to retire or ought to be about to retire... How about a complete changing of the guard? It happens to all dynasties.

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/09/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
This is of course all craziness....but that being said, why wouldn't Maya be interested in going to Atlanta where she 'lives' or to Connecticut where she clearly has roots? Especially when most of her current teammates are about to retire or ought to be about to retire... How about a complete changing of the guard? It happens to all dynasties.

This was one the worst dynasties ever (left too many wins/titles on the table). Reeve didn't even try to make it last beyond last year and throughout all of Maya's career. If only Shades were GM of the Lynx (hire me as an assistant though!), the Lynx would've been so much better off. 😭

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 06/09/18 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
toad455

PostPosted: 06/09/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the whole Liberty situation isn't making any FAs run to Westchester. I think if Maya goes anywhere it's either Connecticut or Atlanta.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/09/18 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

She obvie wants to come to Dallas! That’s why Syl played lights out against the Wings, cuz she knows Maya is on her way to the Wings and she was mad as heck!!! The Wings can find room for you Maya!!! And Syl, you are my fave, I’m sure the Wings would love to have you too!!! I’m sniffing a perfect season in 2019!!!

stever

PostPosted: 06/09/18 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

This was one the worst dynasties ever (left too many wins/titles on the table). Reeve didn't even try to make it last beyond last year and throughout all of Maya's career. If only Shades were GM of the Lynx (hire me as an assistant though!), the Lynx would've been so much better off. 😭

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mkoPq5AOCOA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/09/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She obvie wants to come to Dallas! That’s why Syl played lights out against the Wings, cuz she knows Maya is on her way to the Wings and she was mad as heck!!! The Wings can find room for you Maya!!! And Syl, you are my fave, I’m sure the Wings would love to have you too!!! I’m sniffing a perfect season in 2019!!!

Minnesota already gave Dallas 3 Super Bowls in the 1990s, and our NHL team. I guess we can always give you more. Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 06/09/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Presumably Maya would want to play close to home. Maybe in a city where she already owns a house...

http://web.archive.org/web/20160326190230/http://furtherreview.blog.myajc.com/2015/03/26/catching-up-with-maya-moore-uconn-mystique/

Quote:
her place in west Atlanta

PostPosted: 06/09/18 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt she is going anywhere.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/09/18 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I doubt she is going anywhere.

This is Minnesota, so I'd bet otherwise. Our teams can't do anything right. 😭

Shades

PostPosted: 06/09/18 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Stop trying to associate me with the craziness you say.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/09/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Stop trying to associate me with the craziness you say.

I never said anything crazy, but fine. I'll just say I would've done a much better job as the GM of the Lynx then whoever is calling the shots now, and skip everybody else.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 06/09/18 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/09/18 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Serious question for you Minnesota fans. If Maya were to actually move on (which I doubt), how would the community react? By that I mean would the Lynx be able to draw for a .500 club (or worse) that no longer had Whalen, Moore and Fowles. Is the support strong enough to watch a team built around a few new stars? The one game I saw in Minnesota (in 2010) had one of the better atmospheres and decent support, but the team was only drawing 7500 fans. Would you foresee a drop back to those levels?

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 06/10/18 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Reeve must've been inspired by the Thunder, as she pulled a James Harden trade on us (great, now Seattle has a WNBA team to make fun of, along with an NBA team), so now the Lynx just need their franchise player to leave to go to a team with a better coach and better players like Durant, and it's complete, in much quicker fashion!
Either that, or while all these top WNBA teams are becoming like the Warriors, Reeve is inspired by the Cavs, and decided to just throw random uninspiring players around Maya (& Fowles) and hope a miracle happens, only for Maya to walk, like LeBron might, if it doesn't work any longer.

Do you even think before you type sometimes Shocked

PostPosted: 06/10/18 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

they would not even hire you to be a g league wnba assistant GM

PostPosted: 06/10/18 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

you must be sniffing something that is making you high lol

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: