76%  [ 10 ]
Fever
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

pilight

PostPosted: 06/08/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
My prediction-Skylar Diggins-Smith will win as many WNBA titles as she did NCAA championships if Fred Williams allows her to be a gunner.

There are scoring PG’s and then there is Diggins. How on earth does 6’8” Liz Cambage only have 10 attempts against one of the worst frontcourts in WNBA history and SDS has taken 19 shots? And Diggins has taken more FT’s than her as well.

People that want her to be the Olympic PG need their head examined.

What, a UConn fan who doesn't like Diggins? What were the odds?

PostPosted: 06/08/18 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A win is a win...but i'm still not sold on Coach Williams.

Skylar with 12 rebounds...The Fever starting backcourt with a total of 1 Laughing

Skylar better be on the MVP list next week.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/08/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Will they still have Dupree? Possibly. Does it matter?

Good lord no. She gets her numbers; she doesn't help you win ball games.

I think Dupree gets herself out of Indiana this offseason.

FEVER 2019
PG: KMitchell/Wheeler
SG: TMitchell/Johnson/Ben Abdelkader
SF: Vivians/#13 pick
PF: McCall/Mavunga
C: McCowan or Brown/Achonwa/Alexander

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/08/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins-Smith 35 pts 12 Rebs 6 Assists...What do you have to say about this line Michelle? Laughing

PostPosted: 06/08/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
According to Twitter, Dupree is out with a knee injury.

https://twitter.com/IndianaFever/status/1005088766808215553

Wings by 15.

I had us by 15 even with her in the line up Laughing Laughing

I was initially going to say "Dallas by 25" Laughing Laughing ....But I'm trying to give Dallas/Coach Williams some room for error.

In that case Dallas by 5 would be much safer Laughing

Right you are!

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/08/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Wait a second: Indiana led by two, with forty-nine seconds to go, and lost by six? Tamika Catching must be rolling over in her grave...

I hadn't heard of her passing... Smile

RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/08/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same old same old. Diggins runs and guns, the ball's not shared, the other players stand and wait to shoot jump shots.

Ready Freddie just lets Diggins do whatever she wants to. He has not a hair on his ass.

Fred! Get the Hell out! Dallas needs and deserves a real coach, one that takes control of the game and the players. You're in over your head. You have too many good players and do not know what to do with them.

Please, GTF out!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/08/18 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Wait a second: Indiana led by two, with forty-nine seconds to go, and lost by six? Tamika Catching must be rolling over in her grave...

I hadn't heard of her passing... :)

Hah! What I like about that joke is that it's usually a good indicator of who doesn't follow men's basketball. Like, I don't know how anybody could watch the NBA and not be familiar with Charles Barkley's "rolling over in their grave" bit.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/08/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I hadn't heard of her passing... Smile

Hah! What I like about that joke is that it's usually a good indicator of who doesn't follow men's basketball. Like, I don't know how anybody could watch the NBA and not be familiar with Charles Barkley's "rolling over in their grave" bit.

Guilty as charged. I watch a little NBA, but mostly NCAAW and WNBA.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/09/18 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
My prediction-Skylar Diggins-Smith will win as many WNBA titles as she did NCAA championships if Fred Williams allows her to be a gunner.

There are scoring PG’s and then there is Diggins. How on earth does 6’8” Liz Cambage only have 10 attempts against one of the worst frontcourts in WNBA history and SDS has taken 19 shots? And Diggins has taken more FT’s than her as well.

People that want her to be the Olympic PG need their head examined.

Did you watch the game? There were triple teams and a lot of “aggressive” defense on Liz. Someone else has to score. She had 6 assists as well. The rest of the team needs to find a way to move, screen, pass and cut.

>40% shooting for a non-post is pretty good. Becomes excellent if you add in 14-16 shooting. (Not to mention assists) but if you’re scoring at that clip then you keep on shooting at that pace. My c/o as a Sky fan watching there terrible offense years ago was if a player is shooting over 50%, then they aren’t shooting enough.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/09/18 4:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Diggins-Smith 35 pts 12 Rebs 6 Assists...What do you have to say about this line Michelle? Laughing

Crazy good numbers is what i have to say about that.

Havent watched the game but judging by peoples comments is that they played pretty bad despite her great numbers and that there was hardly any offensive flow. But that is mainly the coach fault but also a bit of the PG.

I still think that Dallas will be harder to beat if Cambage is the number 1 scoring option and Diggins 2nd. But Fred needs to fix his offensive sets to get Cambage the ball. Its too predictable now like the Sky did with Fowles in the past..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/09/18 6:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar's point totals in Dallas wins: 25, 24, 27, 35
Skylar's point totals in Dallas losses: 18, 12, 20

Gee, I wonder why she's looking to score. Oh and she's 3rd in APG in addition to being 2nd in PPG. That's certainly something to complain about Rolling Eyes

chapulana

PostPosted: 06/09/18 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDS is playing out of her mind, yes, but she's also taking some questionable shots that may turn into more productive stuff had they been played balls (to Liz or whoever) instead of crappy bricks.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/09/18 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes she's putting up crazy numbers, but she played almost the entire game. that can't continue to happen.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 06/09/18 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Gee, I wonder why she's looking to score. Oh and she's 3rd in APG in addition to being 2nd in PPG. That's certainly something to complain about Rolling Eyes

Unpopular opinion time: Skylar gets a lot of hate from wnba fans and this board is no exception. Win or lose they always find some way to criticize her. This game is a perfect example of that. She led her team in scoring, steals, assists, and REBOUNDS (she's literally the smallest person on her team!!). And yet, people are bitching about how she's a gunner and whatever else. If someone like Bird or Whalen could even come close to putting up Skylar's numbers, this board would be setting off fireworks.

Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They just hate her because she is beautiful.
Smile

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Crazy good numbers is what i have to say about that.

Havent watched the game but judging by peoples comments is that they played pretty bad despite her great numbers and that there was hardly any offensive flow. But that is mainly the coach fault but also a bit of the PG.

I still think that Dallas will be harder to beat if Cambage is the number 1 scoring option and Diggins 2nd. But Fred needs to fix his offensive sets to get Cambage the ball. Its too predictable now like the Sky did with Fowles in the past..

I do agree Cambage will determine how far we go this season . Fred , i have no words for that guy i have not had my coffee yet so i will wait on that rant.
Cambage as large of a woman is actually very finesse and can move around from the high post to the low block . I would like to see more action being ran in the high low game as well. Gray played pretty well last night that was helpful , and the return of Glory & Ariel last night also makes me want to relax and wait for them to gel a bit more , but geez these 7 games have been hard to watch . Skylar & Liz have been our saving grace .

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Unpopular opinion time: Skylar gets a lot of hate from wnba fans and this board is no exception. Win or lose they always find some way to criticize her. This game is a perfect example of that. She led her team in scoring, steals, assists, and REBOUNDS (she's literally the smallest person on her team!!). And yet, people are bitching about how she's a gunner and whatever else. If someone like Bird or Whalen could even come close to putting up Skylar's numbers, this board would be setting off fireworks.

Laughing

Someone else has noticed Shocked Razz

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
They just hate her because she is beautiful.
Smile

Whoop & In that Order !

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Gee, I wonder why she's looking to score. Oh and she's 3rd in APG in addition to being 2nd in PPG. That's certainly something to complain about

Other correlations

Diggins shooting percentages in wins
57.1, 33.3, 62.5, 45.5
Diggins shooting percentages in losses
31.6, 26.7, 37.5
I wonder why she’s looking to take better shots

Diggins FTA in wins
6, 13, 7, 16
Diggins FTA in losses
6, 0, 4
I wonder why she’s looking to get to the FT line more

Diggins steals + blocks in wins
2, 3, 4, 3
Diggins steals + blocks in losses
1, 1, 1
I wonder why she’s looking to get more steals & blocks

Diggins rebounds in wins
5, 5, 5, 12
Diggins rebounds in losses
6, 0, 1
I wonder why she’s looking to get more rebounds

Dallas record at home
2-0
Dallas record on the road
2-3
I wonder why she’s looking to play at home

Dallas record in June
2-0
Dallas record in May
2-3
I wonder why she’s looking to play in June

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/09/18 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think people here just dont want her to be the Best PG in the league in which she is at this moment . Im not sure what she's done to some of these posters here but she still gets no respect from some rebbies !

PostPosted: 06/09/18 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I think people here just dont want her to be the Best PG in the league in which she is at this moment . Im not sure what she's done to some of these posters here but she still gets no respect from some rebbies !

I’m with some of the commentators here that some posters on here hate her for no reason. I always see complaints about her displaying her femininity. I truly believe that’s why some posters dislike her and find a lame excuse to drag her through the mud. Skylar is the leader of the Wings. Her stats show she is doing her job. She said so herself that she would have to knock down open shots because she knew that Liz was going to get double teamed. Hopefully her teammates can get going consistently too.

shontay33

PostPosted: 06/09/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Same old same old. Diggins runs and guns, the ball's not shared, the other players stand and wait to shoot jump shots.

Ready Freddie just lets Diggins do whatever she wants to. He has not a hair on his ass.

Fred! Get the Hell out! Dallas needs and deserves a real coach, one that takes control of the game and the players. You're in over your head. You have too many good players and do not know what to do with them.

Please, GTF out!

This is interesting. I’m watching the game from last night and the first thing that Skylar did was throw Cambage the ball in the high post each time down? Can you explain how she’s doing what she wants and is not giving Cambage the ball again?

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/09/18 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haters gonna hate ...

They gonna hate

Taurasi
Griner
EDD
Skylar

and so on.

But if you don't have villains, you don't have heroes ...

PostPosted: 06/09/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Haters gonna hate ...

They gonna hate

Taurasi
Griner
EDD
Skylar

and so on.

But if you don't have villains, you don't have heroes ...

You can add Parker to this list as well and one for the all time lists, La Leslie. I can’t speak for anyone else, so I’ll add that I love a good villain. As much as I appreciate Catchings, Moore, Bird, etc .. I can also appreciate the players named above.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: