RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mystics' game time change
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 06/07/18 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vallee wrote:

I'm hearing grumbling from the Caps STHs - they were given no special consideration for access to the watch party. Monumental could have set aside other sections in the lower bowl, such as 101 and 121, as a perk for the hockey STHs.

Same here. Kind of astonishing, really, that they were not assured seats to the viewing party. But I think what happened is that Monumental did not anticipate the run on Mystics tickets as well as the need to create a (free) ticketing system for the watch party. (The prior watch parties were not ticketed.) By the time this all blew up this week, perhaps there was no time to set up some way for Caps STHs to get watch party tix, and then have a "sale" time for everyone else.

i have no idea. But I can certainly sympathize with Caps STHs.

I hope you enjoy the game today, and it's not too much of a circus and hassle. I hope it actually turns out to be fun, and a great environment for the Mystics game. (Keeping fingers crossed.)

toad455

PostPosted: 06/07/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good luck Mystics fans, hope you all get a seat. And also that the Caps fans are tolerable and respectful of the basketball game and aren't drunk by halftime.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LynxFan32

PostPosted: 06/07/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I just pray and hope the mystics are competitive.

I'm praying and hoping that the Mystics win too, otherwise I give up all hope on Minnesota sports. 🤢

Good because the Lynx don't need a nonsense writing and posting fan
Very Happy

PostPosted: 06/08/18 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of the Caps fans were great - yelling at appropriate times. One fool snuck into the STH section and was yelling for the Lynx and at the refs throughout the second half - come on, guy, really? And the folks who sat down in front of me with five minutes left in the game started climbing over the back of the seats to move to a higher row as soon as the game ended, crawling over me as I was trying to leave. Suggestion: Wait five seconds, and then you don't have to run through every yoga pose trying to get past me.

The concourse was filled with Caps fans buying armloads of merchandise.The usual concession stands were open, but the "premium stands", e.g., Rocklands, Test Kitchen, weren't getting their food delivered until after the Mystics game. They missed a lot of sales from Mystics fans and the Caps fans who were inside the arena but not watching the game.

A nice touch was the jumbotron showing the Golden Knights logo when the Lynx were shooting free throws at the end of the game - which appropriately triggered booing throughout the arena.

STH were able to enter through the 6th street door starting about 2:45 with the VIP Caps fans. I hadn't seen notice of that prior to the game - just happened across the line as I was walking up. It was nice not to wait at the main entrance for the stampede, and sparked some friendly interaction between the Mystics and Caps fans in line. I passed on the tip of $4 happy hour, and I learned that you get a 10% discount if you use a Capital One card to pay for concessions.

Overall, a good experience, even for a loss.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 06/08/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vallee wrote:
Most of the Caps fans were great - yelling at appropriate times. One fool snuck into the STH section and was yelling for the Lynx and at the refs throughout the second half - come on, guy, really? And the folks who sat down in front of me with five minutes left in the game started climbing over the back of the seats to move to a higher row as soon as the game ended, crawling over me as I was trying to leave. Suggestion: Wait five seconds, and then you don't have to run through every yoga pose trying to get past me.

The concourse was filled with Caps fans buying armloads of merchandise.The usual concession stands were open, but the "premium stands", e.g., Rocklands, Test Kitchen, weren't getting their food delivered until after the Mystics game. They missed a lot of sales from Mystics fans and the Caps fans who were inside the arena but not watching the game.

A nice touch was the jumbotron showing the Golden Knights logo when the Lynx were shooting free throws at the end of the game - which appropriately triggered booing throughout the arena.

STH were able to enter through the 6th street door starting about 2:45 with the VIP Caps fans. I hadn't seen notice of that prior to the game - just happened across the line as I was walking up. It was nice not to wait at the main entrance for the stampede, and sparked some friendly interaction between the Mystics and Caps fans in line. I passed on the tip of $4 happy hour, and I learned that you get a 10% discount if you use a Capital One card to pay for concessions.

Overall, a good experience, even for a loss.

Thanks for the report. On TV, it looked like most of the Caps fans were "into" the game; certainly we could hear a lot of "Let's go Mystics" cheering from above the lower bowl. And I was so glad it was a decent game for those people seeing their first WNBA game.

Glad you had an overall good experience!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/08/18 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes i was glad to hear that those non fans actually were aware of the mystics ! Great atmosphere .

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: