RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Storm @ Sparks - 6/07/18
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Storm
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Sparks
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49399



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/05/18 4:08 pm    ::: Storm @ Sparks - 6/07/18 Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles, CA - 10:30 PM ET
TV: ESPN2

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watch/

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180607/SEALAS/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018821



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49399



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/05/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
basketballologist



Joined: 05 Aug 2013
Posts: 238



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/05/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who matchup with who for the Sparks

I say...

Sims on Bird
Beard on Loyd
Gray on Clark
Ogwumike on Stewart
Parker on Howard

Who matchup with who for the Storm

I say...

Clark on Gray
Loyd on Sims
Bird on Beard
Howard on Ogwumike
Stewart on Parker


jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7445



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time for our all star starting crew to start spreading their collective wings.

Odyssey has been improving from downtown, and with Ace back to help Nneka in the paint, should receive even more opportunities downtown. If she gets pressed too closely, she can slash to the net with the best of them.

Chelsea led the entire league with a 48.2% from beyond the arc last season. She has been showcasing her ability to bulldoze her way into the paint lately, combining brute strength with great finesse.

Alana will most likely be called upon to stifle the Lady Black Mamba once more. Jewell has had difficulties when being guarded before by Beard. Has she elevated her game enough to score well enough against the reigning WNBA Defensive Player of the Year?

Nneka has her high-low partner back from minor back surgery, and opponents will have to guard against her leaking downcourt to corral bombs from CP3/Chelsea for east layups. She should also be called on to defend against Stewie most of the time. How well she guards Breanna and avoids foul trouble may be the key to the game.

Candace is back, snaring her season's first double double against the defending champions. She is my favorite for 2018 MVP honors as she attempts to lead her team toward the championship rings once more.



_________________
Regards,
J A P


Last edited by jap on 06/07/18 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8616



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going with the Sparklers.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3520
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:


Who gives a crap who wins? I personally would rather have the Storm win thanks to 24 pts / 14 rebounds and 5 blocks by Howard, but the media/other fans in this state will still act like Reeve was a genius for trading her for nothing instead of letting her play and help the Lynx win games. What a joke!


Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3709
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:


Who gives a crap who wins? I personally would rather have the Storm win thanks to 24 pts / 14 rebounds and 5 blocks by Howard, but the media/other fans in this state will still act like Reeve was a genius for trading her for nothing instead of letting her play and help the Lynx win games. What a joke!


Give it a rest, already. It was kind of funny in the beginning, not so much anymore.



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3709
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's get another home win LA. Shut em down!



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
boom*NNEKA*nneka



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 742
Location: San Pedro, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Who matchup with who for the Sparks

I say...

Sims on Bird
Beard on Loyd
Gray on Clark
Ogwumike on Stewart
Parker on Howard

Who matchup with who for the Storm

I say...

Clark on Gray
Loyd on Sims
Bird on Beard
Howard on Ogwumike
Stewart on Parker


Yeah, I would tend to agree re: matchups. What is interesting to me is that it is all cross-matches, not one "pair" is guarding each other.

Tonight should be a good test to see how well the Sparks are coming together after another mini-break (no game since Sunday). I hope that Lavender gets some more minutes to spell Parker and Ogwumike.

Go Sparks!!
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3520
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Give it a rest, already. It was kind of funny in the beginning, not so much anymore.


I'm not trying to be funny. I'm being serious. You're probably just happy that the Lynx are idiots so you don't have to worry about them winning titles anymore, giving the Sparks a clear-path to winning multiple titles in a row, as long as they can get past the Sun and Storm first.
Wait, I remember you. You're the person who got all mad at me for saying the Sparks were going to win it all in 2016. I still have a grudge against you for that.


readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5479
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Give it a rest, already. It was kind of funny in the beginning, not so much anymore.


I'm not trying to be funny. I'm being serious. You're probably just happy that the Lynx are idiots so you don't have to worry about them winning titles anymore, giving the Sparks a clear-path to winning multiple titles in a row, as long as they can get past the Sun and Storm first.
Wait, I remember you. You're the person who got all mad at me for saying the Sparks were going to win it all in 2016. I still have a grudge against you for that.


Spark4Life is right. Let it go. Please let it go.

We get it. You weren't ready for the run to be over. Magical thinking led you to believe the four Olympians were immortal. But they're merely human and aging out. Pro sports are set up to run in cycles. The bad teams get the great young players. And the once great players are a step slower. Hope you enjoyed the nice long ride because it's now over and it's nobody's fault. Let the next team(s) enjoy their runs. Eventually, Minny will get another turn.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8407
Location: Ghost River Triangle


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who's this team in Gold?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace needs a sub shes playing a step behind and its hurting LA's defense. Her back looks pretty stiff as well with her movements.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3520
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Spark4Life is right. Let it go. Please let it go.

We get it. You weren't ready for the run to be over. Magical thinking led you to believe the four Olympians were immortal. But they're merely human and aging out. Pro sports are set up to run in cycles. The bad teams get the great young players. And the once great players are a step slower. Hope you enjoyed the nice long ride because it's now over and it's nobody's fault. Let the next team(s) enjoy their runs. Eventually, Minny will get another turn.


You have no idea what I have been saying/thinking, but since I've said it everywhere else, I'm not repeating it here.


ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8407
Location: Ghost River Triangle


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray needs to be option #1 in this offense when nneka is off the floor. she can't get a touch with this 2nd unit for some reason?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im still in awe of why sims took a paycut for Bonedexter!???? Mad



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 532
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm say hi.

I don't know how we're gonna get Paris or KML into this track meet.


ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8407
Location: Ghost River Triangle


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

we've been Paris miss that first shot and get her own rebound to score 4-Ever...how does she do it?


ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8407
Location: Ghost River Triangle


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still in awe of why sims took a paycut for Bonedexter!???? Mad


she took a paycut? oh hell naw...Cappie's made her money in this league...Sims is just starting pretty much.... I need to talk to Sims' agent outside...


ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8407
Location: Ghost River Triangle


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looks like I'll be going to bed early on this one... lol... Laughing


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Ryan just say Candace Parker Pizza Pied t in while Paris was guarding her! Shocked Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
looks like I'll be going to bed early on this one... lol... Laughing


Ive learned not to let these early big leads make me leave the styx taught me that with minny the 1st Time along with every wings game this season. Seattle needs to put their foot down now and not let LA get amy confidence before halftime



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Seattle lets them back in it Cut in half from 18 to 9 . I get the feeling Nneka is going to come out on fire and possibly the team follows suit.


P.s. If the All star game were Tomorrow Natasha Howard would get a vote from me!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49399



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

42-33 SEA at the half

Sparks well within striking distance.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3520
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
And Seattle lets them back in it Cut in half from 18 to 9 . I get the feeling Nneka is going to come out on fire and possibly the team follows suit.


P.s. If the All star game were Tomorrow Natasha Howard would get a vote from me!


😙🎵


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin