Sun
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Liberty
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Shades

PostPosted: 06/05/18 4:40 pm    ::: Sun @ Liberty - 6/07/18 Reply Reply with quote

White Plains, NY - 7:00 PM ET
TV: MSG+, NBCSB

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180607/CONNYL

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018819

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 06/05/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonna be a rough one for the Liberty.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 06/05/18 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a suggestion... can the win poll not be posted until after both teams have played their previous game ?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/06/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun's game plan is to ignite the the flame on top of the statute of Liberty. This will let Dolan know how hot women's basketball fans are with him on trying to sell the New York Liberty. Burn baby, burn! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 06/07/18 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib please win.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/07/18 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince and Stokes are listed as out for this game.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/07/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The Sun's game plan is to ignite the the flame on top of the statute of Liberty. This will let Dolan know how hot women's basketball fans are with him on trying to sell the New York Liberty. Burn baby, burn! Twisted Evil

I find this statement quite puzzling. Are lots of women's basketball fans angry at Dolan for trying to sell the New York Liberty? I detest Dolan as much as anyone and I'm proud to have given him the nickname "Hideous Lord Jimmy." But I'm NOT angry that he's trying to sell the team.

Dolan helped create a sickening culture of sexual harassment in the offices of Madison Square Garden. He has defended, bankrolled, and publicly lied for his BFF, Isiah Thomas. I hope Dolan sells the Liberty and the Knicks as well.

Of course as a Liberty fan I fear that the team could possibly fold, that it could be moved thousands of miles away, that it could be bought by new owners who can't or won't spend the money to have the team play in a venue far better than Westchester County Center. Nevertheless, I will be thrilled when Hideous Lord Jimmy no longer has any connection to my team.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is clearly a "be careful what you wish for...." situation.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/07/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sellout ?

PostPosted: 06/07/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a possibility the team folds tho? I mean, does the league want to lose the New York market, really? I don't believe any league wants that to be honest...

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/07/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s certainly worth pointing out that when Kiah has either been out altogether (late 2016, early 2018) or ineffective for physical reasons (early to mid 2017) the team record has been well under .500. In her own way, the record indicates Stokes’ value to the team is enormous.

Without her, and with Vaughn really struggling, I think the Libs have a major problem that they have to otherwise figure out. Without an interior presence this team in my eyes is clearly sub .500. Or maybe 17-17 at best.

If Stokes has a long-term injury the problem is I don’t know where you find a replacement. I’d look into Boyette and yes I think the situation (without Stokes) is that dire.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 06/07/18 3:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/07/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chapulana wrote:
Is there a possibility the team folds tho? I mean, does the league want to lose the New York market, really? I don't believe any league wants that to be honest...

I Doubt they fold chances are more likely they could be moving to somewhere else.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sellout ?

Only if enough Sun fans make the trip down Rolling Eyes

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/07/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Sellout ?

Only if enough Sun fans make the trip down Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adding to my comment above. I think it’s time for Zahui to start.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Laughing Laughing May i ask what brings you to this conclusion ? Is it the 1 game she produced that brings these thoughts ? Next week she will be on cutting block again with the liberty fans . Each week there's a new player in the Dog house and a new Favorite on this squad . Its understandable with the situation the team is in right now that the fans have some sort of post stress trauma . Every wrong move means get rid of them , but when they produce they should start Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Laughing Laughing May i ask what brings you to this conclusion ? Is it the 1 game she produced that brings these thoughts ? Next week she will be on cutting block again with the liberty fans . Each week there's a new player in the Dog house and a new Favorite on this squad . Its understandable with the situation the team is in right now that the fans have some sort of post stress trauma . Every wrong move means get rid of them , but when they produce they should start Laughing Laughing

That is the Divine Right of Sports Fans.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

That is the Divine Right of Sports Fans.

Agreed

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Uhhh. No? Have you watched the Liberty play? Maybe because Stokes is out and Zahui scored more points in the last 16 minutes than Vaughn has all season? And Vaughn’s D and rebounding also are terrible?

Can you name one thing that Vaughn is better at than Zahui at this point? I can’t. And I’m hardly sold on Zahui. She’s the best of a terrible situation.

Plus history shows than Zahui’s performance is more proportionately effective in games where she’s guaranteed minutes. Her two best games this year were in Stokes’ absence. In 2016 her best game was in Tina’s absence. The best game of her career. The only one she’s started for NY.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking forward to this game. I want the Sun to set.

Hopefully Katie Smith remembers how to play Alyssa Thomas.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/07/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Uhhh. No? Have you watched the Liberty play? Maybe because Stokes is out and Zahui scored more points in the last 16 minutes than Vaughn has all season? And Vaughn’s D and rebounding also are terrible?

Can you name one thing that Vaughn is better at than Zahui at this point? I can’t. And I’m hardly sold on Zahui. She’s the best of a terrible situation.

Plus history shows than Zahui’s performance is more proportionately effective in games where she’s guaranteed minutes. Her two best games this year were in Stokes’ absence. In 2016 her best game was in Tina’s absence. The best game of her career. The only one she’s started for NY.

Well vaughn is currently coming off her Turkish league season and has only played like 1 or 2 games ? Zauhi has been here the entire season so far and has only produced 1 good game Laughing Laughing . At least allow Kia to get the jetlag off before you decide to throw her away Laughing If you dont want her we will take her , Vaughn for Cayla George ?

PostPosted: 06/07/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why you keep saying one good game. Her first game was even better than her the last one imo.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/07/18 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JJ and Chiney starting.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Not sure why you keep saying one good game. Her first game was even better than her the last one imo.

This is why i keep saying one good game below , IMO.

Here's the break down

Game 1 = 15 pts 7 Rebs
Game 2 = 4 Pts 5 Rebs
Game 3 = 2 Pts 0 rebs
Game 4 = 0 pts 2 rebs
Game 5 = 9 Pts 8 Rebs along with a season high of 5 Turnovers.

So id say 1 good game . Those 5 turnovers could have been 10 to 15 pts extra for the Libs in that PHX loss . Possibly why coach smith did not re-insert her after the BG scruffle.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vaughn with 3 Pts 2 Rebs & 3 Assist early on so far , Still wanna trade her for Cayla George ? Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: