RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 06/03/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once everybody is healthy NY should have enough perimeter options so that they can find an effective combination on any given night. I'm more concerned about the post rotation. After Tina, I'm not sure what to expect from the other three. Last season, Nayo didn't play a ton of minutes but at least you knew what to expect. She would give you high energy, athleticism, and some low post scoring. These days, you have Stokes who is inconsistent, Vaughn who was never anything special, and Zahui B. who is mistake prone. At the moment, none of them makes me feel comfortable -- although I'd still rather have them than Coleman playing PF.

As I've mentioned before, Nurse had that 34 point gold medal performance against Team USA in the Pan Am Games. That would be the highlight of her career so far. Through four WNBA games, she is exceeding her college impact. Of course, we knew she could shoot because Kia was a career 42.4% 3Pt shooter on high volume. And we knew Nurse would likely defend well beause she was voted National Defensive Player of the Year by the coaches' association. Nurse also played the most minutes for UConn, so you knew that Geno considered her the most important player to keep on the court. The components for success were there and known. However, you never know how these things will play out.

PostPosted: 06/03/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great performance by Kia last night albeit against the worst team in the league ive been refraining on judging her impact until Game 10. I must say she has been a pleasant surprise. I just hope Coach Smith doesn't Favor Sugar over her.

PostPosted: 06/03/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Once everybody is healthy NY should have enough perimeter options so that they can find an effective combination on any given night. I'm more concerned about the post rotation. After Tina, I'm not sure what to expect from the other three. Last season, Nayo didn't play a ton of minutes but at least you knew what to expect. She would give you high energy, athleticism, and some low post scoring. These days, you have Stokes who is inconsistent, Vaughn who was never anything special, and Zahui B. who is mistake prone. At the moment, none of them makes me feel comfortable -- although I'd still rather have them than Coleman playing PF.

As I've mentioned before, Nurse had that 34 point gold medal performance against Team USA in the Pan Am Games. That would be the highlight of her career so far. Through four WNBA games, she is exceeding her college impact. Of course, we knew she could shoot because Kia was a career 42.4% 3Pt shooter on high volume. And we knew Nurse would likely defend well beause she was voted National Defensive Player of the Year by the coaches' association. Nurse also played the most minutes for UConn, so you knew that Geno considered her the most important player to keep on the court. The components for success were there and known. However, you never know how these things will play out.

If you look at NY’s defensive and rebounding numbers, an unsure and not very deep post rotation has NY being outrebounded by a few per game and having a defensive FG % of 43%. That’s not even accounting the non-existent offense outside of Tina. Kiah is not all the way there yet and Vaughn is inconsistent even when she’s been with the team longer than a week. When Zahui and Vaughn played together I feel some of the plays weren’t run correctly. Not sure by whom but the spacing was very suspect. This is Zahui’s opportunity. She needs to take advantage of it. And if we aren’t getting offense from any of the 3, we at least need defense and rebounding. The team has firepower otherwise. But they’re also not talented enough to win without defending and rebounding consistently.

PostPosted: 06/03/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it time to consider straight up waiving someone to bring in another post?

Would a younger player Like Bburdock or Bulgak be worth giving a spot over say Vaughn would a grittier vet like Cannon or Larkin an option if we just want more size would Hanson or Hamblin be a better fit as 10 minute a night center than Vaughn?

Either way I might go all in on Zahui b and ride or die with her mistakes over Vaughn's contributions.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/03/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Is it time to consider straight up waiving someone to bring in another post?

Would a younger player Like Bburdock or Bulgak be worth giving a spot over say Vaughn would a grittier vet like Cannon or Larkin an option if we just want more size would Hanson or Hamblin be a better fit as 10 minute a night center than Vaughn?

Either way I might go all in on Zahui b and ride or die with her mistakes over Vaughn's contributions.

If they get someone, I really think it needs to be someone who defends the rim. I wouldn’t replace Vaughn unless you’re getting a true C who can protect the rim. Problem is, everyone wants that. If you have one, you’re not trading her unless she’s an underachiever the Libs could get something more out of. And who fits that description? Boyette? Atlanta traded a lottery pick for her. As ill-advised at that looks, it is what it is. You’re not getting her for nothing. If anything we have to figure out if we can get more out of Zahui.

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im questioning how good this team really is ? Or maybe im questioning how good of a coach Katie smith is ? Not sure , but neither sit well . Question

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smith needs to dump the small line up completely. Coleman just can't play in the post. And give Zahui B more minutes. And possibly swap Vaughn for Larkins.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Smith needs to dump the small line up completely. Coleman just can't play in the post. And give Zahui B more minutes. And possibly swap Vaughn for Larkins.

Riding the Zahui B train after 1 good performance aye ? You were on the train to cut her just a week or two ago . Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Riding the Zahui B train after 1 good performance aye ? You were on the train to cut her just a week or two ago . Laughing Laughing

Before the season, yes. And she's had a few good games so far. She's our second best post this season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Before the season, yes. And she's had a few good games so far. She's our second best post this season.

I sadly agree !

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

That's why you goitta fight the impulses. Reeve spoke of this to The Athletic.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So when it came to Howard, Reeve didn't fight the impulse.....

Shades

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

She had a long time to think about Howard. Impulse is when you make a decision based on one game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/05/18 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

She had a long time to think about Howard. Impulse is when you make a decision based on one game.

And still make the wrong decision. According to some.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/05/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got back and got my composure...Cut I am boiling.

Not at the game...I think we played good...Katie needs some late game management pointers but that's for the game thread. Which I will comment on after this post

But...ANNOUNCED 7215...so...you say the only time the garden can be viable is for kids days where you paper the place top to bottom...and you get 7215...who knows or cares if they paid or not. That's besides the point...place looked mostly full but the backs of the endcourt...empty and unsold...the really low seats seemed to be reserved for STH who opted in...since we were partial we sweet talked our way into OUR seats at our price. Yes there was a lot of empty in the bottom..that's on us but can you blame us.

Got some empty seat shots in this tweet...ill repeat the caption cuz I still feel this way.

https://twitter.com/Starkman55/status/1004034482310144000

All off season the @nyliberty party line has been well kids day with "14k" but not with 9k on sundays and for pride...pride at MSG drew this and then some the backs are unsold no upper deck...to me its clear the move...the sale is about POLITICS. Not money

Why?

because if it was about money you'd still get the kids in there...you'd get your big crowd, you'd get your promotional material you'd get everything youd expect.

7215...here's why im pissed. Pride has been a seller since 2015 for MSG...you could have gotten paid attendance greater than 7215 if you held Pride at MSG...i doubt a full house of 2300 will go to Westchester but we will see...

so screw the league average screw any attempt at drawing even group sales...

announced

I saw Dolan's smug face right in front of Lib Fan and the other hardcore STH...I applaud your restraint staring right at him and not saying a word...I know I couldnt do that LOL

Cuz if it was about money wouldnt one hold PRIDE at MSG and GET 10k paid...you said 9k wasnt enough but 7215 at group rate is hunky dory...ok...whatever you exposed the business...

Even spoke to some who have their ears closer to the ground thru PMs

I dont believe you gave away 5k seats when you have 10k because 5k given away seats dont sit in them...

I believe you gave more seats away here than you would if you had pride here.

Or a sunday game where the crowd was much more families who certainly seemed to paid and paid well.

At high prices.

No...could it be your a trump crony who may not like the fact that well the WNBA has refused you dumping 50% of the team to Isiah because of the Anucha Browne controversy?

a WNBA whos fans and players lean quite left...if you did I do believe there were 3 bidders who wanted a lease you didnt want to give

meanwhile you do this to another one of your other properties:

http://ew.com/news/2017/01/20/rockettes-perform-trump-inaugural-ball-amid-controversy/

Yeah he coulda just dumped it...think he may still...but this isnt about crying poverty

Yes I'm certain there was a large amount of debt...as I discussed Pru Center was a disaster without money that was pocket a to pocket b but demanded to be paid

I'm sure there are tickets given away...but not to the quantites implied by Dolan.

I know the overhead is high but you can no longer cry that when your plan is fill the garden with kids then play all other games in westchester...and you instead get 7215...announced...so yeah no no more crying poverty if your willing to do that but not sundays WHICH DREW...or Pride WHICH DREW...midweeks esp in a condensed season ill give a pass for which is why i'm waiting till now to unload

but he can book more profitable events...

Well...

Ok...

book more profitable events those dates

Thursday MMA in the basement main arena DARK (Im being fair enough to note the MSG in the Basement/felt forum/paramount/wamu/hulu whatever 5k thingie that lurks below the arena)

Sunday DARK

Tuesday DARK

https://www.msg.com/calendar?location=New%20York

I'll go on on a game by game basis as those dates are closer

I dont care about your right to sell or your lack of want to open MSG even on a lease.

But stop pissing in our ears and telling us its raining...

7215 when the goal is to stuff the place...when only kids days were supposed to be profitable...no mr dolan

just no.

PostPosted: 06/05/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you, Happiecappie. Hideous Lord Jimmy... at his usual level of lies and slime.

PostPosted: 06/05/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well id say unless you have the money to put up can we really argue with his decision ? He IS the longest tenured owner so does that warrant any type of reconciliation ? i doubt it does just looking for the silver lining here

PostPosted: 06/05/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exculding the kids days, Pride day last year was the only regular season game where they opened up part of the 200s and drew over 11k. So I doubt many comps we're given out. They really should allow 6 games at MSG. The two kids days, Pride day, a game vs. the Mystics to please Delle Donne's fans, and a game vs. LA and someone else at the end of the season. Those 6 should draw 10k each or more. The rest can be played at WCC. I've been wondering if the Liberty make the semis or even the finals if Dolan will let them play at MSG if it's available?

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/05/18 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Exculding the kids days, Pride day last year was the only regular season game where they opened up part of the 200s and drew over 11k. So I doubt many comps we're given out. They really should allow 6 games at MSG. The two kids days, Pride day, a game vs. the Mystics to please Delle Donne's fans, and a game vs. LA and someone else at the end of the season. Those 6 should draw 10k each or more. The rest can be played at WCC. I've been wondering if the Liberty make the semis or even the finals if Dolan will let them play at MSG if it's available?

exactly instead they don't even come close on kids day sad

PostPosted: 06/05/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd have to check the records, but 7,215 seems very low for a Liberty camp day. Makes me wonder if Dolan/MSG put the word out to the schools in time?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/18 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd have to check the records, but 7,215 seems very low for a Liberty camp day. Makes me wonder if Dolan/MSG put the word out to the schools in time?

Or if the schools were confused after hearing about the move and not knowing if the game really was at MSG?

PostPosted: 06/05/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like Kids day can have about as many fans as you care to have (and give free tickets). It almost seems as though Dolan is trying to drive down the attendance numbers. With his talk about losing money, giving a free tickets, etc it is as if he is trying poison his own well.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/05/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
They really should allow 6 games at MSG. The two kids days, Pride day, a game vs. the Mystics to please Delle Donne's fans, and a game vs. LA and someone else at the end of the season. Those 6 should draw 10k each or more. The rest can be played at WCC.

Delle Donne draws a large amount of people from Delaware to MSG?

toad455

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
They really should allow 6 games at MSG. The two kids days, Pride day, a game vs. the Mystics to please Delle Donne's fans, and a game vs. LA and someone else at the end of the season. Those 6 should draw 10k each or more. The rest can be played at WCC.

Delle Donne draws a large amount of people from Delaware to MSG?

yes. whether when she was with the Sky or Mystics, they get a solid 500+ people to come up. The entire section behind the visitors bench is filled with her fans.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

exactly instead they don't even come close on kids day sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 66 of 90

Jump to: