RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Samantha Bee under fire
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 06/04/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
A few MINOR Rolling Eyes points. I apologize for ALL CAPS, but here goes:

CLINTON WON THE ELECTION.

RUSSIAN INVOLVEMENT and GOP-led "CROSSCHECK" ENABLED TRUMP TO "WIN".

VOTERS WHOSE PRIMARY CONCERN WAS ECONOMICS FAVORED CLINTON.

JAMES CLAPPER SAYS RUSSIANS SWAYED THE ELECTION AND TRUMP IS ILLEGITIMATE.

Can we PLEASE drop the faux storyline about the "poor, left-behind, emasculated, white male Trump voter"?

The 2016 election was STOLEN folks, and this corrupt, motherfucking con man must be removed.

X_____________________

I am so fucking sick of hearing about white male pain. They fucking made their bed when they refused to vote for (or concern themselves) with anything that might have helped them - simply because it would also help a person of color or woman.

Ivanka is EXACTLY what Sam B called her. She’s no victim. If we are looking for victims, why not start at the 1500 kids the government lost.

What is your definition of "feckless cunt" and how does it EXACTLY apply to what you know of Ivanka Trump?

I would define "feckless cunt" as a women who lacks the strength of character to stand up for a basic position that she seems to espouse. In Ivanka's case she posted a picture of herself with her son showing what appears to be true affection for her son. That love is something to celebrate, but when it is juxtaposed against a policy of taking children away from their mothers the contradiction is stark. And given that Ivanka has an official position in the White House as well as being the president's daughter, she is in a position where she could stand up for a policy that would allow for basic human dignity by allowing parents and children to stay together until a final adjudication of their case is made. That would be the resonsible thing to do and her words might have some affect on her father.

So to Ivanka Trump, my wish is that she gets "fecked."

The picture of illegal children in cages was from 2014. Was Michelle Obama a "feckless cunt"? If not, why not?

Howee

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The picture of illegal children in cages was from 2014. Was Michelle Obama a "feckless cunt"? If not, why not?

Not enough information to process: Did something her husband do create that situation, or was he/she actively opposing the segregation? Ivanka is pretty clearly espousing the privilege of HER motherhood, without making any statements to contradict her father's policy. Most feckless.

PostPosted: 06/05/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:

Not enough information to process: Did something her husband do create that situation, or was he/she actively opposing the segregation? Ivanka is pretty clearly espousing the privilege of HER motherhood, without making any statements to contradict her father's policy. Most feckless.

I thought this was about the 2014 pictures of illegal crossing kids sleeping in cages. But I see that there has been a policy change with regard to housing attempted illegal immigrant parents separate from their children.

I think Ivanka was celebrating her child, not "espousing the privilege of motherhood", however you are using that phrase. I also don't think the USA policy in handling illegal immigrants and their children is making any statements about "the privilege of motherhood". It is making a statement about the laws of immigrating to the USA and attempting to prosecute those who try and break them (all the while completely ignoring the people who break the law by hiring illegal workers). If it seems too ruthless an enforcement technique, then people should lobby Congress to write laws about enforcement procedures. Or create lawsuits that will allow judges to make law. The current immigration law quotas should either be changed (open or more open border) or enforced (and enforced at workplace with regard to employers). It shouldn't remain the same, but people allowed to violate it and acting like enforcement of the law is horrible (e.g. sanctuary city/county/state).

If Samantha Bee doesn't want adults crossing illegally into the USA to be treated like criminals and separated from their children while awaiting trial, she should point the finger at herself and all other people who use the phrase undocumented. At this point, after so many years of pretending illegal immigration is "undocumented immigration", that is, not illegal, Bee and company should have already gotten Congress (Democratic majority in the house from 2007 to 2011, Democratic majority in Senate 2009 to 2015) to change the immigration law to open the border with Mexico allowing free crossing of anyone.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/05/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Can we PLEASE drop the faux storyline about the "poor, left-behind, emasculated, white male Trump voter"?

The 2016 election was STOLEN folks, and this corrupt, motherfucking con man must be removed.

X_____________________

I am so fucking sick of hearing about white male pain. They fucking made their bed when they refused to vote for (or concern themselves) with anything that might have helped them - simply because it would also help a person of color or woman.

Ivanka is EXACTLY what Sam B called her. She’s no victim. If we are looking for victims, why not start at the 1500 kids the government lost.

What is your definition of "feckless cunt" and how does it EXACTLY apply to what you know of Ivanka Trump?

I would define "feckless cunt" as a women who lacks the strength of character to stand up for a basic position that she seems to espouse. In Ivanka's case she posted a picture of herself with her son showing what appears to be true affection for her son. That love is something to celebrate, but when it is juxtaposed against a policy of taking children away from their mothers the contradiction is stark. And given that Ivanka has an official position in the White House as well as being the president's daughter, she is in a position where she could stand up for a policy that would allow for basic human dignity by allowing parents and children to stay together until a final adjudication of their case is made. That would be the resonsible thing to do and her words might have some affect on her father.

Michelle Obama was married to the president, but she had no official role. Ivanka Trump is a full-fledged, full-time working member of the administration and aide to the president. They are not close to being comparable.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/05/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
tfan wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Michelle Obama was married to the president, but she had no official role. Ivanka Trump is a full-fledged, full-time working member of the administration and aide to the president. They are not close to being comparable.

Ivanka is titled as "special advisor to the President" and receives no pay. As a neo-liberal Obama would not be expected to ignore any advice or council Michelle Obama gave him. Both could give advice to the president and both could speak out (probably what Bee was expecting - a solid virtue signal). Neither could overturn any policy on their own.

Howee

PostPosted: 06/06/18 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
tfan wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Ivanka is titled as "special advisor to the President" and receives no pay. As a neo-liberal Obama would not be expected to ignore any advice or council Michelle Obama gave him. Both could give advice to the president and both could speak out (probably what Bee was expecting - a solid virtue signal). Neither could overturn any policy on their own.

tfan, I have no problem conceding that you have studied/know more about the Big Immigration Debacle than I do. My opinions on this thread are centered on Samatha's purported focus on the topic, and her calling out Ivanka on using her influence (and yes, titles aside, ivanka clearly has more potential for genuine influence, since her POTUS is a brainless twit compared to Michelle's POTUS). Samantha has adopted the (dubious?) tactic of "Outrageous Draws Attention", hoping her tirade might motivate someone that might effect a change (Ivanka).

All that said, I do not believe Michelle's position/stance on immigrant kids in her time could be considered as 'feckless' as Ivanka's 'fecklessness'. JMO. I also DO believe that Sam B is probably much better informed on the whole debate than either you or I might ever be. If you've ever watched her program, she amazes me with her depth of insight on topics most have never even heard of.....she shines a light on some pretty deep shit, and believes in whatever she may be ranting about.

Hate Sam B.? Love her? Watch once, regardless....you'll learn things you never imagined.

PostPosted: 06/06/18 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
tfan wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Not even close.

Ivanka has a specific policy role. She has a security clearance. She is part of decision meetings and briefings. She isn't some family member talking over dinner. She is engaged in policy and policy decisions in an official capacity.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/06/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ivanka is unpaid. Perhaps, but her staff, travel, and all other types of costs are being covered by our tax dollars. All that while she continues to profit from her businesses that are somehow receiving patents from China and other benefits that are worth far more than any salary she might otherwise receive.

She takes after her dad. He gives his salary to charity, but all the while he has cost the country more than 50 times that in extra Secret Service costs just for his trips to Mar-a-Lago and his golf courses, and he personally benefits from much of those costs. The direct payments to his facilities relating to his own security and related costs are most likely more than his salary.

"We" just keep on winning, and Trump was right -I'm sick of it.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/08/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Howee

PostPosted: 06/08/18 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you care....or if you don't:

Sam's "mea culpa"

....and just one example of the 'gems' of Deep Truth that she sheds light on: TX Republicans

(....oh, GOOD! Our *First Class* denizen is back! Cool )

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/10/18 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

is that what the kids are calling willfully ignorant racist gun freaks these days?

PostPosted: 06/10/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You should read your own posts and take a good look in the mirror before making any of those accusations.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/11/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
is that what the kids are calling willfully ignorant racist gun freaks these days?

The most common names for such people are "friend" and "neighbor"

PostPosted: 06/11/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

The most common names for such people are "friend" and "neighbor"

Where? In Mister Rogers' Neighborhood?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: