RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

edd??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suemar

PostPosted: 06/01/18 8:43 am    ::: edd?? Reply Reply with quote

Hello all ! Anyone know why EDD is not playing ball since first half of Lynx game? At the time they said stomach but watching game again it didn't appear she was distressed in first half. She hasn't played since coach took starters out of the game due to poor start. Thanks.

PostPosted: 06/01/18 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

suemar, I have watched Elena since she was in high school. I do not have any first hand knowledge. However I have seen seen this same issue go like this at least four times. She has Lyme Disease which attacks the body with the same issues as the flu, except many times worse. I have also seen that Elena has never used Lyme Disease as an excuse to missing time playing.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/01/18 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
suemar, I have watched Elena since she was in high school. I do not have any first hand knowledge. However I have seen seen this same issue go like this at least four times. She has Lyme Disease which attacks the body with the same issues as the flu, except many times worse. I have also seen that Elena has never used Lyme Disease as an excuse to missing time playing.

Well, she did end up leaving China in a hurry based on Lyme Disease concerns as I recall. There was some who were questioning that at the time.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 06/01/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

Well, she did end up leaving China in a hurry based on Lyme Disease concerns as I recall. There was some who were questioning that at the time.

I agree Randy, there seems to be a lot of information her Lyme Disease has flared up again.

suemar

PostPosted: 06/01/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wondered if putting in the subs had anything to do with it. Hope she is better soon.

PostPosted: 06/01/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As an aside, this is an interesting article about a Lyme disease vaccine and why it is no longer available. (Mods move to area 51 if you feel like it.)

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/5/7/17314716/lyme-disease-vaccine-history-effectiveness

shontay33

PostPosted: 06/01/18 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
As an aside, this is an interesting article about a Lyme disease vaccine and why it is no longer available. (Mods move to area 51 if you feel like it.)

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/5/7/17314716/lyme-disease-vaccine-history-effectiveness

Thank you for posting the article. Most of the clients that my employer has have patients that they have diagnosed with Lyme's disease.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/01/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you. Here is another article about a therapy for Lyme disease. I can't say if it is reliable or whatever, so FWIW.

http://campother.blogspot.com/2011/04/phage-therapy-and-borrelia-burgdorferi.html

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elena Delle Donne participated in #Mystics practice today. Still nothing more specific than “illness,” said her symptoms have been flu-like. She’s day-to-day and the biggest thing, with her history of auto-immune troubles, is managing rest. #wnba https://twitter.com/avarwallace/status/1004058817943015425

chapulana

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD low key becoming Kawhi Leonard.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just saw a whole series about auto-immune diseases and "natural" things people have done to reduce the flare ups and in some cases apparently "cure" their issues or put them into permanent remission. One of the things mentioned is that antibiotics, which are a common treatment, can create a lot of other problems which then leads right back to the same issue. I just hope she has looked into all her options.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: