Las Vegas Aces(1-5)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Indiana Fever(0-6)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 73

toad455

PostPosted: 06/03/18 7:37 pm    ::: Most surprising team so far? Reply Reply with quote

Good or bad, which team has surprised you the most this early in the season?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/03/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not surprised by anything šŸ‘½

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 06/03/18 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got to be the Lynx. I am still trying to wrap my head around the whole 2-5.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/03/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle i picked them to finish 9th
Still could happen but Coach hughes seems to be maximizing his talent. Doing a great coaching job i expect them to finish no worse than 6th. Minny on the other hand might still turn it around and qualify as a 8 seed in which i doubt anyone will want too see them. This goes to show the quality of players in this league and how important depth is to a title contending team. At this point i have minny making it through single eliminations but bowing out in a 5 game series.

PostPosted: 06/03/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

8th seed would be turning it around? Laughing

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/03/18 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

Certainly not the Lynx. You've been telling us for several years how disappointing they are.

PostPosted: 06/03/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
8th seed would be turning it around? Laughing

The Lynx already destroyed this season and their future by trading Natasha Howard for nothing, and the only thing that will be able to possibly repair the damage is PPs, so the Lynx better not even think about trying to get the 8th seed! šŸ˜‚

The Fever traded Natasha Howard, and they went from the WNBA Finals to being doomed to suck forever. Why Reeve decided she would risk there actually being a Natasha Howard Curse, meaning the Lynx will go from the WNBA Finals to being doomed to suck forever is beyond me.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 06/03/18 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/03/18 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Certainly not the Lynx. You've been telling us for several years how disappointing they are.

I was going to predict that only the Indiana Fever would have a worse record than the Lynx this year, but I didn't want everybody to think I was crazy after last year I only could come up with the Dream having a worse record than the Lynx. Very Happy

Randy

PostPosted: 06/03/18 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that is still quite possible. Dream and Lynx - lottery cellmates? Who would have thought?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/03/18 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think that is still quite possible. Dream and Lynx - lottery cellmates? Who would have thought?

DIBS ON ASIA DURR! #PurrForDurr Very Happy

Shades

PostPosted: 06/03/18 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:

DIBS ON ASIA DURR! #PurrForDurr Very Happy

You may be a worse GM than Reeve. The Lynx need frontline help.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/03/18 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You may be a worse GM than Reeve.

That's the meanest insult anybody has ever said to me. šŸ‘½
I'm fixing that in free agency or later.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/04/18 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iā€™m a little surprised at how bad the Lynx are so far, and then at the same time Iā€™m not. I knew going into the season they werenā€™t going to be nearly as good as last year. They lost their entire bench and filled it back up with downgrades from last year. Whalen, at her age, and the fact sheā€™s totally distracted about her new coaching job, has been pretty useless for her standards. Brunson is NOT even close to the player she once was, same goes with Augustus. They have Moore and Fowles carrying the entire team and the rest are garbage (so far). Will that change? Perhaps, but I donā€™t see them being a top 5 team this year. They won one more game than Vegas. They were lucky with the 2 wins they had or we could see them at the bottom with zero wins like Indiana.

The party is over, thatā€™s clear. Coach Reeve ran with the senior citizens tooooo long.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/04/18 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Iā€™m a little surprised at how bad the Lynx are so far, and then at the same time Iā€™m not. I knew going into the season they werenā€™t going to be nearly as good as last year. They lost their entire bench and filled it back up with downgrades from last year. Whalen, at her age, and the fact sheā€™s totally distracted about her new coaching job, has been pretty useless for her standards. Brunson is NOT even close to the player she once was, same goes with Augustus. They have Moore and Fowles carrying the entire team and the rest are garbage (so far). Will that change? Perhaps, but I donā€™t see them being a top 5 team this year. They won one more game than Vegas. They were lucky with the 2 wins they had or we could see them at the bottom with zero wins like Indiana.

The party is over, thatā€™s clear. Coach Reeve ran with the senior citizens tooooo long.

With Moore and Fowles still at or near the top of their games, the Lynx will at LEAST finish .500 this season. Their next couple of games are tough though (@Wash & @Conn), so it make get a bit worse before it gets better.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/04/18 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, the Lynx bench took a big hit. I'm surprised the best Reeve could do to find replacements was Robinson, Wright & Kizer.

Perkins > Wright
Pierson > Kizer
Montgomery > Robinson
Howard tbd vs. ???(2019 1st round pick)

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/04/18 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yeah, the Lynx bench took a big hit. I'm surprised the best Reeve could do to find replacements was Robinson, Wright & Kizer.

Perkins > Wright
Pierson > Kizer
Montgomery > Robinson

And to probably be able to sign every single one of those bench downgrades, Reeve decided to get rid of who would've been the perfect 6th woman for the Lynx if given a chance in Natasha Howard. I never got how getting rid of Howard was supposed to not be anything but a downgrade for the Lynx this year in a year other contending teams are just as good or better (now the Lynx have no post depth because Kizer isn't anything special, and has been off to a horrendous start this year), and a downgrade for the Lynx in the future, because now they have no young post player with talent & potential like Howard anymore.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/04/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Perkins > Wright
Pierson > Kizer
Montgomery > Robinson

And to probably be able to sign every single one of those bench downgrades, Reeve decided to get rid of who would've been the perfect 6th woman for the Lynx if given a chance in Natasha Howard. I never got how getting rid of Howard was supposed to not be anything but a downgrade for the Lynx this year in a year other contending teams are just as good or better (now the Lynx have no post depth because Kizer isn't anything special, and has been off to a horrendous start this year), and a downgrade for the Lynx in the future, because now they have no young post player with talent & potential like Howard anymore.

Cutting Howard did seem short-sighted at the time, but maybe Reeves was really worried about perimeter defense and bringing the ball up against quicker pesky guards. DRob is great at that, and she's more of a slasher than Renee, although she completely lacks an outside shot, of course, and that's where Renee shines.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/04/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Cutting Howard did seem short-sighted at the time, but maybe Reeves was really worried about perimeter defense and bringing the ball up against quicker pesky guards. DRob is great at that, and she's more of a slasher than Renee, although she completely lacks an outside shot, of course, and that's where Renee shines.

That's why I said "every single one". I wish I knew what the salaries were to figure out if Lynx could afford only one, or could still afford both of D-Rob & Wright if they re-signed Howard, didn't sign Kizer, and only stick with an 11-player roster the entire season. If they could only afford one of D-Rob or Wright, then there had to be a bargin-bin backup guard nearly as good out there for this year.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/04/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I take T Wright over Perkins (from last year) any day of the week

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clichļæ½s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." ļæ½Karen Bryant
ClayK

PostPosted: 06/04/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wasn't buying that one either, but I think it's closer to a wash than one being significantly better than the other. Each has different pieces ...

But Whalen's abrupt decline is crucial, because she is still the best player to run the offense -- unfortunately, she can't guard at all now, and she really can't score much either, so all she brings is court vision and a high IQ.

And on top of that, she has to be distracted by trying to learn a completely new job from the bottom up at the same time. (Wait until the viewing period ...)

All that said, I expect the Lynx to make the playoffs, and I wouldn't want to play them then.

PostPosted: 06/04/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, I still see the Lynx making the playoffs, just not getting out of the first round. I probably see 1. Connecticut & 2. Los Angeles. After that who knows if Seattle & Washington will keep up their strong start. I see New York picking up steam once they're at 100%. Dallas as well. Phoenix is the odd ball. Should finish 3 or 4, but they just don't seem to be playing up to their full potential. My lottery teams are Chicago, Indiana, Las Vegas & Atlanta.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: