Board Junkies Forums

East vs West
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:41 am    ::: East vs West Reply Reply with quote

Season series tied 1-1

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the avatar photo, Pilight. The only problem is that she is wearing the wrong uniform. Very Happy

Chicago Sky, Baby!

PostPosted: 05/28/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

West leads 5-4

PostPosted: 06/04/18 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Season series tied 8-8

PostPosted: 06/11/18 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

West leads 13-11

PostPosted: 06/18/18 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

West leads 22-11

Rough week for the East

PostPosted: 06/25/18 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

West leads 26-12

PostPosted: 06/25/18 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
West leads 26-12

I wonder if this can be the year where all 6 west teams make the playoffs? If the Aces continue to improve and the Dream continue to slip, it may happen.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 06/25/18 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
West leads 26-12

I wonder if this can be the year where all 6 west teams make the playoffs? If the Aces continue to improve and the Dream continue to slip, it may happen.

That would be a good outcome for mitigating the talent gap between East and West. It does look now like the Fever, Liberty and Sky are getting a lock on the lottery. As for the Dream - I'm not sure I see the benefit in getting playoff spots 7 or 8 vs. being in the lottery. However, I think the Aces probably end up in the lottery.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/25/18 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see it ending up as

#8 Las Vegas vs. #5 Minnesota
#7 Washington vs. #6 Dallas

#5 Minnesota vs. #4 Connecticut
#6 Dallas vs. #3 Seattle

#3 Seattle vs. #2 Phoenix
#5 Minnesota vs. #1 Los Angeles

Randy

PostPosted: 06/25/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This year no team looks as dominant as LA and MN did last year and the year before. All of the teams have shown vulnerability at times. You can't rule out some team catching fire though. I think MN probably is going to regain its form and we are left with a top 4 of LA, MN, PHO and SEA.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/25/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
As for the Dream - I'm not sure I see the benefit in getting playoff spots 7 or 8 vs being in the lottery.

The playoffs are a whole new season, and I’m not seeing how ATL are viewed as team to not be feared. When healthy, they’ve knocked off some off the league’s perceived best teams. Why not enter the playoffs and mess up a couple teams’ Dreams of championships? That’s what typical or normal fans off this board want. They like to win and they want to go to the playoffs. They don’t live 24/7 for the next draft.

2019 is a deep first round draft that’s not particularly top heavy. There’s not yet agreement on who is the #1. The difference between the #5 pick and #4 or even the #3 pick is most likely negligible, especially if most of the coaches and GM’s are subscribed to the Curt Miller draft prospect newsletter, thereby making them fairly clueless as to who is better.

So yeah, the #7 or #8 seed in the playoffs is a sweet spot to be (seems to have suited DAL and SEA well last season and PHX before them). But as a very competitive Lynx fan, I want them to attain the highest playoff seed possible. I’m about the playoffs and winning. Don’t get me wrong, I obviously love the draft. I just don’t love it and live for it for my team. Let the fans of other teams go through the frustration of having a high pick and then subsequently seeing that pick get screwed up. That’s gotta be the worst feeling ever.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/25/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
This year no team looks as dominant as LA and MN did last year and the year before. All of the teams have shown vulnerability at times. You can't rule out some team catching fire though.

Wow, that was a quick turnaround. Could “some team catching fire” possibly be ATL, therefore it would be wise for them to be in the playoffs even if it’s in the #7 or #8 spot?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/25/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
This year no team looks as dominant as LA and MN did last year and the year before. All of the teams have shown vulnerability at times. You can't rule out some team catching fire though.

Wow, that was a quick turnaround. Could “some team catching fire” possibly be ATL, therefore it would be wise for them to be in the playoffs even if it’s in the #7 or #8 spot?

It happened that way before, but I don't see it with this Dream team. I'm just hoping we avoid the flip side - the ten game losing streak we had last year. What teams are most combustible? The Lynx, maybe the Wings or Sun - teams that up to now have been playing below their potential. The Lynx have already won 4 in row, so they may be on their way.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/25/18 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the top 4 are set. Phoenix, LA, Connecticut & Seattle. It's anyone's game between those four to make it to the Finals. And with the talent Dallas has, they can be the dark horse to upset everyone. Washington, Atlanta, Minnesota & Vegas are a step or two behind those five. New York, Chicago and Indiana should start evaluating lottery picks already.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/25/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think the top 4 are set. Phoenix, LA, Connecticut & Seattle. It's anyone's game between those four to make it to the Finals. And with the talent Dallas has, they can be the dark horse to upset everyone. Washington, Atlanta, Minnesota & Vegas are a step or two behind those five. New York, Chicago and Indiana should start evaluating lottery picks already.

How is Connecticut a step above Washington?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/25/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Toad for once i agree with this entire statement. Connecticut needs to regroup as well , They could be the biggest dark horse of them all .

PostPosted: 06/25/18 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's June.

PostPosted: 06/25/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It's June.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 06/25/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It happened that way before, but I don't see it with this Dream team. I'm just hoping we avoid the flip side - the ten game losing streak we had last year.

Angel won't let that happen

PostPosted: 06/25/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
It happened that way before, but I don't see it with this Dream team. I'm just hoping we avoid the flip side - the ten game losing streak we had last year.

Angel won't let that happen

I hope you are right.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/26/18 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
West leads 26-12

Possibly. The coaching is so superior in the west. 2/3 of the west coaches have championships and all of them have been to the finals. None of the east coaches have championships and only two have been to the finals, one over a decade ago and the other sneaking in with a 15-19 team.

PostPosted: 06/26/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
West leads 26-12

Possibly. The coaching is so superior in the west. 2/3 of the west coaches have championships and all of them have been to the finals. None of the east coaches have championships and only two have been to the finals, one over a decade ago and the other sneaking in with a 15-19 team.

Fake 15-19 team though.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/26/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
West leads 26-12

So are you saying we should have kept Cooper?

If the Dream hit the lottery, I hope NY does as well. We would have a big ping pong ball advantage over them from last year. Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 07/02/18 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

West leads 31-12

Over the last three weeks, the west has won 18 of the 19 inter-conference matchups

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: