RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 05/25/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It may be reasonable to suggest that something "might" have happened if different decisions had been made but totally unreasonable to suggest the result "would" have been different.

All elite-level coaches have well-developed egos, Geno among them. I doubt any coach wins 11 titles making decisions based on personal pique. UConn has lost many highly rated recruits to other schools and one reason has been because Geno won't assure players and/or parents of either playing time or role/position. It is reasonable and highly likely that Geno maintains his practice of "playing time earned by merit" and "for the best interests of the team's success" beyond recruiting.

I'd like to read actual evidence that his decisions aren't based on those principals instead of a pile of bullshit speculation created in the imaginations of posters whose agenda can reasonably be deduced to include putting the UConn coach in as negative a light as possible.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's reasonable to assume, imo, had Stevens started the 3rd quarter and played 5 more mins, the result would have been different.

In an OT game decided by a missed-off-the-rim 12' buzzer shot, the possibilities are nearly endless and speculation as fruitless as always.

PostPosted: 05/31/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Megan looks great according to the man who just 8 weeks ago didn't use her at all in the game that decided their season.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-sp-uconn-women-20180530-story.html

"Megan is going to be better," Auriemma said. "She looks great. She's worked really hard. Obviously she is really, really disappointed in the way last year went but a lot of freshmen, that's what happens."

Oh and Lou is going to be Lou! Whatever that means. I didn't see Miss Lou with any killer instinct when the season was on the line the last 2 seasons.

Last edited by acsuc99 on 05/31/18 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
acsuc99

PostPosted: 05/31/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Players start and get playing time according to how they practice and if they show the understanding of UCONN’s offense and defense. Stevens clearly struggled on the defensive end, could not pick up UCONN’s man to man and switching, which is why they went to zone when she was in the game.

You know who also struggles on the defensive end? Most of UConn's starters, especially Lou who is gonna be Lou.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 06/01/18 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course this coming from someone who just constantly repeats the same stuff over and over. Considering she played on 1 leg and 2 of the others had some injury issues but go ahead just keep repeating yourself for your audience of 1.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 06/01/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh I see Samuelson played on one leg and a couple of other players had injuries.

Even more reasons why you don't stupidly give up on Walker in February.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 06/01/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or maybe he should have put Walker in for Nurse as she left AO wide open for the tying bucket, just a little face guard for 2 seconds and y'all woulda been in the final Laughing Laughing Laughing

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/02/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's 2018-19 AAC Conference Matchups

Home Only: ECU, Memphis, SMU
Away Only: Tulane, Tulsa, Wichita State
Home/Away: UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, USF, Temple

Since 2013-14, UConn is 86-0 in the AAC. Without doing a lot of calculating, I'd guess UConn's average conference MOV has been about 40 PPG.
linkster

PostPosted: 06/02/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's conference schedule, with the exception of USF, isn't worth talking about. What is worth it is that UConn will have games against 2 2018 P5 conference champions and the 2018 national champion ... all on the road.

Does any other team in the country have 3 road games that compare?

linkster

PostPosted: 06/02/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1002742804710416384

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/03/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
UConn's conference schedule, with the exception of USF, isn't worth talking about. What is worth it is that UConn will have games against 2 2018 P5 conference champions and the 2018 national champion ... all on the road.

Does any other team in the country have 3 road games that compare?

Don't know, because the schedules aren't all out yet! Stop puffing.

PostPosted: 06/03/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Stop puffing.

Are you ever going to stop telling others what to do?

PRballer

PostPosted: 06/03/18 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:
Stop puffing.

Unlikely. Have noticed a fun little combo of commands and whining and it's getting worse.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/04/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The take away is the home schedule sucks and should affect attendance numbers, unless it's loaded w/ weekend afternoon tip times.

"UConn will also play DePaul, Ohio State, Seton Hall, South Carolina and Vanderbilt at home."

PostPosted: 06/04/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The take away is the home schedule sucks and should affect attendance numbers, unless it's loaded w/ weekend afternoon tip times.

"UConn will also play DePaul, Ohio State, Seton Hall, South Carolina and Vanderbilt at home."

The return of Seton Hall! What is the rat like Phyllis Mangina doing these days? Eating cheese and enjoying retirement?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/04/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:
Stop puffing.

I’m not “telling you what to do”, FFS. I *am*, however, accusing you of puffing...which you are Wink

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
linkster wrote:
Quote:
Stop puffing.

I’m not “telling you what to do”, FFS. I *am*, however, accusing you of puffing...which you are Wink

STOP PUFFING is a directive, not an accusation.

Get it? And if you don't then I suggest PM'ing one of the admins and they will explain the difference.

PRballer

PostPosted: 06/05/18 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

The return of Seton Hall! What is the rat like Phyllis Mangina doing these days? Eating cheese and enjoying retirement?

Why do you call her that?

She's an assistant at St. Peter's (as of last season) under Patty Coyle but Coyle is gone after 5 seasons in Jersey City.

http://saintpeterspeacocks.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/releases/20180316obxcc2

So Phyllis may be looking for a job in the Tri-State area soon...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/05/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
linkster wrote:
Quote:
Stop puffing.

STOP PUFFING is a directive, not an accusation.

Get it? And if you don't then I suggest PM'ing one of the admins and they will explain the difference.

Wassamatta you? You got heat rash or sunburn or something? You sure are touchy!

PostPosted: 06/05/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Wassamatta you? You got heat rash or sunburn or something? You sure are touchy!

This has gone on way too long but what the hell, it's June and November is a long way away.

I posted what I thought was IMO an unusually strong road schedule for UConn, in a thread about UConn. Instead of either responding to my factoid or simply not responding at all you instead attacked my motivation and then admonished me to change my behavior. When I pointed this out to you you first denied it and then when I spelled it out in plain language you try to turn it around by accusing me of being "touchy".

I enjoy having dialogues here that stay on the topic and stay away from personal comments, even strongly worded disagreements. Your post was neither.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/05/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

May I just remind you that many, if not most teams are not even close to finalizing their schedules yet. I’ll say no more.

PostPosted: 06/26/18 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Error, sorry

PostPosted: 08/08/18 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christyn Williams and ONO played in the the FIBA U18 games, where the USA team just easily won the gold medal. Both players played okay, each starting four of the six games, but did not distinguish themselves in any statistical category vis-a-vis their teammates.

ONO was 5th in scoring (9.2 ppg), tied for 5th in total rebounds (27), and tied for 5th in FG% (50%).

CW, who missed a game and may have had some sort of illness, was 7th in scoring (8.4 ppg), 5th in assists per game (2.6), tied for second to last in FG% (40%), last in FT% (50%), and 2 for 8 on 3pt shots.

http://www.fiba.basketball/americas/u18women/2018/team/USA
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the other hand, for me at least, the U17 team, which could probably have made the most recent Final Four, was much more exciting than the U18 team. The starting five of Jordan Horston (MVP) (2019), Alliyah Boston (2019), Haley Jones (2019), Paige Bueckers (2020) and Azzi Fudd (2021) are all UConn targets. They all exhibit big magic.

UConn offered 6-0 G/F Aubrey Griffin (2019) of Ossining H.S. on July 13. It's been reported that UConn and Louisville are Griffin's two top schools and that "she has her heart set on UConn."
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/08/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
On the other hand, for me at least, the U17 team, which could probably have made the most recent Final Four, was much more exciting than the U18 team. The starting five of Jordan Horston (MVP) (2019), Alliyah Boston (2019), Haley Jones (2019), Paige Bueckers (2020) and Azzi Fudd (2021) are all UConn targets. They all exhibit big magic.

UConn offered 6-0 G/F Aubrey Griffin (2019) of Ossining H.S. on July 13. It's been reported that UConn and Louisville are Griffin's two top schools and that "she has her heart set on UConn."

The prize is Fudd , who's pretty much as close to a lock for ND as they come supposedly .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: