RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Roseanne cancelled
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 05/30/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if this is actionable. If she could be sued by all those under contract who lost their jobs because of her actions. If she had been warned about social media in the past, I would think that the show being canceled would be considered a foreseeable consequence, and thus the loss of money real damages incurred because of her.

PostPosted: 05/30/18 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I wonder if this is actionable. If she could be sued by all those under contract who lost their jobs because of her actions. If she had been warned about social media in the past, I would think that the show being canceled would be considered a foreseeable consequence, and thus the loss of money real damages incurred because of her.

Conversely though, if she's a known loose cannon then could it be argued that anyone signing on to a project that relied on her was willingly taking the implosion risk?

PostPosted: 05/30/18 9:05 pm    ::: Re: Roseanne cancelled Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wq6UCO9QckA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq6UCO9QckA

PostPosted: 05/30/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

‘Roseanne’ cancellation inspires fans’ TV series reboot wishlist

https://www.amny.com/entertainment/what-will-replace-roseanne-1.18848054

Quote:
It only lasted for one season on Fox, but “Pitch” had potential. Starring Kylie Bunbury, it was about the first woman to play in Major League Baseball

PostPosted: 05/30/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of Roseanne’s follow-up tweets:

Quote:
"guys I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me. It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting -- it was memorial day too -- i went 2 far & do not want it defended -- it was egregious Indefensible. I made a mistake I wish I hadn't but...don't defend it please.”

Manufacturer of Ambien tweets in response:

Quote:
While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992

Genero36

PostPosted: 05/31/18 12:13 pm    ::: Re: Roseanne cancelled Reply Reply with quote

Here is a list of people who have come to Roseanne Barr's defense

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/here-is-a-list-of-people-who-have-come-to-roseanne-barrs-defense/ar-AAy2DwR?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 05/31/18 12:41 pm    ::: Re: Roseanne cancelled Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/here-is-a-list-of-people-who-have-come-to-roseanne-barrs-defense/ar-AAy2DwR?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

It makes me wonder if Joan Rivers was alive today, and Tweeted the same thing what Roseanne did, would Joan get away with it?

PostPosted: 05/31/18 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Found this article that talks about 3 shows - 7th Heaven, The Cosby Show, and Roseanne - that have had re-runs pulled because of scandals with a star. It says that Jessica Biel would be getting something over $100,000 a year from 7th Heaven royalties. Also mentions that even non-stars get (or in this case, lost) royalties.

It says that The Cosby Show had already been pulled from TV Land in 2014, and later Bounce TV and BET later stopped showing it (Bounce TV after the guilty verdict). But it is still shown on TV One in my area. Prior to The Cosby Show being pulled networks had pulled a 1990's show title Cosby.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/31/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Nothing shocking here....we all know, she's hardly 'alone' in her mindset

Brian Sproul tweeted:
Quote:
In Roseanne's defense, it hard to know the difference between racism that gets you fired and racism that gets you elected President of The United States.

Really. Cool

PostPosted: 05/31/18 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would have been a good episode for the show

Rosanne's character makes bad joke/racist tweets, starts a firestorm in her community, has to face the real life repercussions of her family including DJ her son who is married to an African American woman serving overseas and her mix race Grand Daughter who Roseanne clearly loves. Then the backlash grows and outside forces attack Rosanne while others come to her defense, creating a whole new set of issues. And were forced to deal with question like 'What do you do when someone you love says or does something racist? What affect does that racism have on the people around that person? Can you say or do something racist but still be redeemable? Can people learn and change from these experiences? How do certain aspects of society use these kind of moments to promote their own agenda? What are the real life consequences?" Actually face and discuss why people say and do racist things in the context of a working class family.

The show was doing such a great job of shining a light on social issues and working class people and actually giving both sides of an issue humanity (Political leanings, oppiod addiction, having a gender fluid child, Arab-phobia, the actual affect of illegal immigration on working class Americans, unaffordable health care, divorce) it was the closest thing we've had to All In the Family in Years. It is a shame it had to end this way.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 06/04/18 10:35 am    ::: Re: Roseanne cancelled Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Trump breaks silence on Roseanne Barr scandal

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Quote:
Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1001848460881035265

and of course, it always comes back to him, because that is how the world revolves

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Smoovie

PostPosted: 06/04/18 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Conversely though, if she's a known loose cannon then could it be argued that anyone signing on to a project that relied on her was willingly taking the implosion risk?

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure they were all on edge and had a team of prayer warriors. She was just too selfish

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/22/19 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Roseanne' cancellation? It was Sara Gilbert's fault, Barr says

Quote:
It was Sara Gilbert's fault.

That's what Roseanne Barr told The Washington Post about ABC's cancellation of her "Roseanne" reboot.

Barr caused an uproar May 29 when she posted what many considered a racist tweet about Obama White House adviser Valerie Jarrett. Reaction was swift, with the network dropping its highest-rated show within hours.

But in a wide-ranging story published Thursday, Barr told The Post she blames Gilbert, who played daughter Darlene Conner on the show.

Hours after Barr's early-morning post, Gilbert tweeted that Barr’s comments were “abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show.”

“She destroyed the show and my life with that tweet,” Barr said. “She will never get enough until she consumes my liver with a fine Chianti.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/roseanne-cancellation-it-was-sara-gilberts-fault-barr-says/ar-BBV52a6?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 03/22/19 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Quote:

That's what Roseanne Barr told The Washington Post about ABC's cancellation of her "Roseanne" reboot.

Barr caused an uproar May 29 when she posted what many considered a racist tweet about Obama White House adviser Valerie Jarrett. Reaction was swift, with the network dropping its highest-rated show within hours.

But in a wide-ranging story published Thursday, Barr told The Post she blames Gilbert, who played daughter Darlene Conner on the show.

Hours after Barr's early-morning post, Gilbert tweeted that Barr’s comments were “abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show.”

“She destroyed the show and my life with that tweet,” Barr said. “She will never get enough until she consumes my liver with a fine Chianti.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/roseanne-cancellation-it-was-sara-gilberts-fault-barr-says/ar-BBV52a6?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Barr is as delusional as her guy Trump.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/23/19 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Quote:

Barr is as delusional as her guy Trump.

Agreed. She needs to put a strap-on on and $@&# Trump up the ass like he wants.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: