7%  [ 1 ]
Storm
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 13

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I need some one to answer a mathematical question for me. The Sky committed 19 personal fouls and the Storm committed 17 personal fouls. Why did the Storm have 27 free throw attempts to the Sky's only 13 free throw attempts? Confused

There are lots of fouls that don't lead to free throws - common defensive fouls when you're not in the penalty, offensive fouls etc. Presumably a lot more of Chicago's fouls were shooting fouls or committed while they were in the penalty in a certain quarter.

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If fouls occur before the bonus is in effect, and are not shooting fouls there is no FT. So Sky getting only 13 doesn't seem that hard to believe. If what I read is right, offensive fouls don't count towards the bonus either and don't result in a FT.

As for Seattle - if the Sky fouls were all shooting fouls then you could possibly have 38 FT (ot more in the unlikely event that some were shooting 3's.) So it doesn't seem impossible either to get 27.

Despite that - it shows the main reason Seattle won was at the line. Sky could improve by fouling more judiciously.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
I need some one to answer a mathematical question for me. The Sky committed 19 personal fouls and the Storm committed 17 personal fouls. Why did the Storm have 27 free throw attempts to the Sky's only 13 free throw attempts? Confused

There are lots of fouls that don't lead to free throws - common defensive fouls when you're not in the penalty, offensive fouls etc. Presumably a lot more of Chicago's fouls were shooting fouls or committed while they were in the penalty in a certain quarter.

Thanks, Richyyy! You were the one person that I was counting on to answer my question. Cool

PostPosted: 05/27/18 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
btw, Hughes absolutely kicked Stocks' ass late game. That was a coaching clinic.

Stocks ranting and raving on the sidelines down the stretch was not a good look. She seemed utterly panicked, and that's only going to make your team feel the same way. She seemed to chew Cheyenne Parker out after that nice Storm ATO that went into Stewart down low, then kicked out to Loyd for the 3. Was Parker supposed to be switching onto Loyd and chasing her around the arc? If so, why the hell not put Gabby Williams back in, who's far more capable of that kind of play?

Plenty of it's on the Sky players, who didn't handle Seattle's press late in the 4th well at all, but Stocks was a big part of that loss too. Chicago should've won that game.

PostPosted: 05/27/18 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
btw, Hughes absolutely kicked Stocks' ass late game. That was a coaching clinic.

Stocks ranting and raving on the sidelines down the stretch was not a good look. She seemed utterly panicked, and that's only going to make your team feel the same way. She seemed to chew Cheyenne Parker out after that nice Storm ATO that went into Stewart down low, then kicked out to Loyd for the 3. Was Parker supposed to be switching onto Loyd and chasing her around the arc? If so, why the hell not put Gabby Williams back in, who's far more capable of that kind of play?

Plenty of it's on the Sky players, who didn't handle Seattle's press late in the 4th well at all, but Stocks was a big part of that loss too. Chicago should've won that game.

+1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: