RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trade proposal thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I still like IMS my theory on her is she could develop into a strong defensive center who could get you 8 to 10 points and rebounds a night with a couple to a few blocks thrown in as a starter. The prproblem imo is she needs to get 20 to 25 minutes a night to become that player. She needs to play through her mistakes to develop and only Chicago her rookie year with Pokey was willing to give her that kind of time, and live with the mistakes

She may never get it, but there are players our there that did progress over time - T. Hawkins comes to mind. She seemed ineffective her first few years but has gotten better, little by little. For IMS - one problem is she has now had 3 coaches since the start of last season, along with being traded, playing a short while in China and a divorce so it has been a tumultuous time for her. I'm hoping she can show progress. Even in college she didn't show much until her senior year. I would trade her if a good deal came along, but right now the Dream don't need new players so much as to get the current players on board with the new coach, system and comfortable with each other.

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going back to her history in high school and college, I don't think IMS likes basketball that much. Her main problem might just be a lack of desire.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/25/18 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMS is a rare combination of height and athleticism and occasionally she shows flashes of a solid player.

Unfortunately, her production at every level not only hasn't matched her potential, it hasn't even been much above average, and at the WNBA level, she's overmatched.

Of course it's possible the light will go on, just as it is with Shoni Schimmel and many others we could mention, but history strongly suggests that the IMS we see is the IMS we'll get.

PostPosted: 05/25/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
IMS is a rare combination of height and athleticism and occasionally she shows flashes of a solid player.

What is the indication of athleticism? I haven't seen it, but keep hearing people refer to it. As far as I can tell, it's a rumor based on an 'athletic' family. Can she jump? maybe - haven't seen it. Can she move fast - no. Can she make moves around the basket - I don't think so. So where is this 'athleticism'?

- Amanda Gorman
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/25/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ClayK wrote:

What is the indication of athleticism? I haven't seen it, but keep hearing people refer to it. As far as I can tell, it's a rumor based on an 'athletic' family. Can she jump? maybe - haven't seen it. Can she move fast - no. Can she make moves around the basket - I don't think so. So where is this 'athleticism'?

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily say she's an athlete like Gabby Williams or Nneka, but she's moves better than Hamblin, IMO. Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 05/25/18 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still - no one has come up with readily available back up center who is clearly better, or a trade for a player the Dream need more than IMS. If she is no better than Russell, Morello, Hamblin or Hamson - it still doesn't mean we should go for one of them. She would have to be worse than all of them, and I don't think she it.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/25/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamblin had a good preseason game when Cambage got into frequent foul trouble. I was a little surprised she was cut in favor of Lewis.

With Russell, I think there’s a higher ceiling, but will she be given the time to reach that ceiling?

This is IMS’s third year and she hasn’t shown any marked improvement, but I still don’t think she should be just given away. Some still see value and potential in her. And you did pay a 2018 lottery pick for her. Just think, you could have had Stevens... or DeShields if that’s your flavor.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 05/25/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would rather have had Stevens instead of IMS, and rather we had taken any number of players now instead of IMS, but now that have her, I don't want to give her away for an autographsed Candace Parker poster, or the like. For that matter, had we held onto our previous lottery pick we could perhaps have had J. Jones instead of Williams. Then again, we could have had Shakahtor instead of Sykes, and if other GM's were perfect we might never have gotten Hayes, Bentley, Holmes, or Clarendon. We did get Dantas and now Billings for 17 games from Erika, so sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

It probably will go down as the worst trade in Dream history, though Ajavon for Bentley, J. Thomas for Hyrnko, and Camile Little for Lehning (I think) were all pretty bad.

basketballologist

PostPosted: 05/25/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel McCoughtry need to request a trade. She will be in Atlanta and never win a championship...

Los Angeles receive
F Angel McCoughtry

Atlanta receive
F Essence Carson
G Riquna Williams

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/25/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Angel McCoughtry need to request a trade. She will be in Atlanta and never win a championship...

Los Angeles receive
F Angel McCoughtry

Atlanta receive
F Essence Carson
G Riquna Williams

I think If Angel Were to request a Trade it most likely would be to NY . Just a Hunch

PostPosted: 05/25/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

Los Angeles receive
F Angel McCoughtry

Atlanta receive
F Essence Carson
G Riquna Williams

Let's see -- one player who's bounced around the league and despite great skills, can't start, and another who is a placeholder in a stacked lineup

for

A player who can singlehandedly carry a team for long stretches.

PostPosted: 05/25/18 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

Los Angeles receive
F Angel McCoughtry

Atlanta receive
F Essence Carson
G Riquna Williams

Make it Carson, the rights to Vadeeva instead of Riquna Williams PLUS the first round pick in 2019 and they’ll think about it.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/26/18 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Dream or any team could get R. Williams for cap space but we really don't need her unless someone gets injured. I'm also not ever sure we have the cap space.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/26/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

Los Angeles receive
F Angel McCoughtry

Atlanta receive
F Essence Carson
G Riquna Williams

LOL.

McCoughtry is worth more than that. Laughing

jap

PostPosted: 05/26/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go ahead and laugh at my girl, Riquna. But when she starts raining treys this season, all of you will mourn for not having her. Mark my words!

Last edited by jap on 05/26/18 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/26/18 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Let's see -- one player who's bounced around the league and despite great skills, can't start, and another who is a placeholder in a stacked lineup

We know you have it in for Williams, but "bounced around the league" is a complete misrepresentation of her career. She has played on two teams after being traded in the off-season once. If she has "bounced around the league" so have the likes of Chelsea Gray, Elena DelleDonne, Jasmine Thomas, Crystal Langhorne, Alana Beard, etc., ect., etc.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/26/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Go ahead and laugh ay my girl, Riquna. But when she starts raining treys this season, all of you will mourn for not having her. Mark my words!

I’m glad the Sparks held onto her. I’m hoping she becomes one of the cracks in that venerable Sparks fortress. There’s the Cappie crack, the Riquna lack-of-focus crack, the Vadeeva she’s-the-best-player-of-her-generation-so-there’s-really-no-need-for-her-to-show-up-her-aura-alone-will-help-win-us-games crack, the Sims you-know-I’m-worth-more-than-$65K crack, and finally the Candace I’m-all-caught-up-in-my-feels crack. Crumble*crumble*crumble

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/26/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

Los Angeles receive
F Angel McCoughtry

Atlanta receive
F Essence Carson
G Riquna Williams

LOL.

McCoughtry is worth more than that. :lol:

How about Angel for Nneka straight up. That is a much more fair trade, and probably one that neither team would like.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/26/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Going back to her history in high school and college, I don't think IMS likes basketball that much. Her main problem might just be a lack of desire.

I agree. She has great potential and every so often she shows it, but she doesn't seem to like the grind. If she focused on the round ball I believe she would be a starting center. She is better than Russell, but that is the closest comparison.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/26/18 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To: Any team looking for a big, especially someone who can shoot outside

Cayla George, no trade required

jap

PostPosted: 05/26/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

Los Angeles receive
F Angel McCoughtry

Atlanta receive
F Essence Carson
G Riquna Williams

LOL.

How about Angel for Nneka straight up. That is a much more fair trade, and probably one that neither team would like.

Nneka is one of Brian's Untouchables.

PostPosted: 05/26/18 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

Los Angeles receive
F Angel McCoughtry

Atlanta receive
F Essence Carson
G Riquna Williams

LOL.

Nneka is one of Brian's Untouchables.

I'm not convinced she isn't the best and most important player in the league.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/27/18 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just dont see why you want to trade Nneka for Angel. Already enough attitude on that team

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/27/18 5:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure what they should be looking to get back, but part of me feels like Dallas should be looking to stick with this Glory-less lineup. Less drama, more legitimate range around Cambage and room for her to work, and fewer "no don't shoot that!" jumpshots from the 4.

You'd probably want a halfway reliable post back, given that things could look a bit thin after Cambage/Thornton/Stevens, but if she's in shape you could also just sign someone like Larkins off her couch. So... maybe a draft pick in return?

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or Johnson for Harrison + LV 2nd (if they still have one?).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: