7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Storm
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 13

zune69

PostPosted: 05/25/18 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point, Seattle should try to work a trade for Imani McGee-Stafford that involves Langhorne...Maybe a 3-way trade where Atlanta gets back a center and draft pick.

Langhorne's time in Seattle is up.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/25/18 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Laughing ...I remember just last season people calling me crazy for saying Howard could be a legit starter.

An hour ago you were disagreeing with me that it was a mistake for the Lynx to let Howard go.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 05/25/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Laughing ...I remember just last season people calling me crazy for saying Howard could be a legit starter.

An hour ago you were disagreeing with me that it was a mistake for the Lynx to let Howard go.

My comment had nothing to do with Howard.......Howard obviously wasn't in Minnesota's future plans.However.if they end up getting a top 6 pick(Collier,Samuelson,Durr)...I think Lynx fans will be happy.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/25/18 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/25/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Allie is alright.

Entertaining gm
Howard was in breast mode. Jewell was clutch & Storm defense was in lock down mode.The fact that Dan is trusting Canada to play in late gm situation says alot about her.

noleman

PostPosted: 05/25/18 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was fun game!

Excited to see Howard playing an increased role. This is best I've seen her play on the defensive end since her senior season. 4 blocks and a couple of steals. Played well while in foul trouble throughout the game.

When Loyd is on, she is fun to watch. That three that she hit late in the fourth changed the momentum of the game.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/26/18 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

My comment had nothing to do with Howard.......Howard obviously wasn't in Minnesota's future plans.However.if they end up getting a top 6 pick(Collier,Samuelson,Durr)...I think Lynx fans will be happy.

You’re like Reeve. You don’t seem to be getting it. There’s no post player nearly as good as Howard on the Lynx bench right now. The bench is very important this season above all seasons. It’s probably going to cost them that coveted #5 trophy before the window closes. Even if the Lynx somehow score the #6 pick from the currently 2-1 Storm, that pick won’t help the Lynx win a trophy before the window closes.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/26/18 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gold mamba showing up in back to back games. Love it and the Storm needed this improvement from her.

Only now she needs to learn how to adjust when there are games when her outside shot is not falling that she attacks the paint more for easier layups and get to the FT line to get her shot going or attack and involve her teammates more. No need to force like she did in game 1.
Also i like her chemistry with Howard. I have seen some nice pick&roll action between those 2 with some very nice passes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant

Last edited by Michelle89 on 05/26/18 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/26/18 4:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

You’re like Reeve. You don’t seem to be getting it. There’s no post player nearly as good as Howard on the Lynx bench right now. The bench is very important this season above all seasons. It’s probably going to cost them that coveted #5 trophy before the window closes. Even if the Lynx somehow score the #6 pick from the currently 2-1 Storm, that pick won’t help the Lynx win a trophy before the window closes.

There are good players available everywhere in the draft most years, even at #11/#12, and who cares if they aren't guaranteed lottery pick superstars if the team still has Maya & Fowles? Howard was a former #5 pick. I heard some podcast where Reeve said it's worth taking chances to move up in the draft because you can't build at the bottom of the draft and none of the Lynx young players are/were going to help the Lynx win championships when the vets retire.

I wish I knew how much money WNBA players are making, especially Kizer & Wright are making so I can figure out if it was Lynx could've done one of these two, assuming they still trade for D-Rob (which I was perfectly fine with):
Kizer, Wright, room for 12th player later
Howard and room for just one more player? Enough to sign Wright, or not enough? Lynx never play 12 anyways except in blowouts.

I was afraid Howard was going to be a superstar on another team, and the Lynx would become the first team in WNBA history to lose a trade to the Storm. Nothing is more Minnesota sports then helping other teams win instead of helping their own team. If Kizer can't be anywhere near as good as Howard, then it wasn't worth it. 😡 I am outraged knowing that Howard is probably statiscally better than any of the Lynx players this year so far, except for maybe Fowles.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/18 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
I hope Allie is alright.

Entertaining gm
Howard was in breast mode. Jewell was clutch & Storm defense was in lock down mode.The fact that Dan is trusting Canada to play in late gm situation says alot about her.

Just picturing this makes me nervous
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/26/18 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

What are you talking about?......Did you not see my post last season about the Howard/Minnesota situation?

zune69 wrote:

Let Howard play 18-22 minutes without giving her the quick hook.I don't think it's fair that Howard is being ask to play a different position when she has not yet to fully established herself as a wnba rotation player.

I was all for Howard staying in Minnesota and becoming the starting PF...Trading Howard was secondary...Reeve has a history of shortchanging young players.She doesn't give them a sufficient amount of playing time unless she's forced to.Reeve showed no confidence in Howard.When Reeve signed Pierson,that's when I knew Howard had no future in Minnesota...I feel the same way about A.Jones.....And while I was being critical of Reeve with the way she was handling the Howard situation.Rebkell posters,yourself included,was defending Coach Reeve .......Not playing Howard then trading her away was just asinine.........That being said...We won't know who won this trade for another 3-5 years...If minny gets a high enough pick(from Seattle)..they could keep the pick,or flip it for a quality rotation player.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 05/26/18 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

I was afraid Howard was going to be a superstar on another team, and the Lynx would become the first team in WNBA history to lose a trade to the Storm. Nothing is more Minnesota sports then helping other teams win instead of helping their own team. If Kizer can't be anywhere near as good as Howard, then it wasn't worth it. 😡 I am outraged knowing that Howard is probably statiscally better than any of the Lynx players this year so far, except for maybe Fowles.

June 2008 - Atlanta trades Camille Little to Seattle for a 2009 2nd round pick, which ultimately becomes Shalee Lehning.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/26/18 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Alysha Clark plays well -- and she does a reasonable amount of times -- Seattle's small forward spot is adequate. But when Clark plays poorly -- as happens -- it's a black hole of immense proportions.

It took OT to beat a shaky Chicago team missing its elite point guard, and it's hard to see Seattle competing with the top teams in the league without some kind of fallback when Clark struggles. (And no, more KML is not the answer. 4:18, one missed shot, no rebounds, no assists, no nothing.)

PostPosted: 05/26/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Reeve showed no confidence in Howard. When Reeve signed Pierson, that's when I knew Howard had no future in Minnesota.

Pierson had nothing to do with Howard. If you have the room to add a one-year player who brings something different than Howard, you do it. It’s hard to argue with the result last year. Kizer is like Pierson if Kizer could play defense and hit a mid-range shot. There’s nothing wrong with having some depth in the front court. Right now they don’t have it. I’m living for right now, not for a rookie in 2019.

zune69 wrote:
And while I was being critical of Reeve with the way she was handling the Howard situation.Rebkell posters,yourself included,was defending Coach Reeve

I don’t know specifically what you’re talking about, but there’s a reason I was against the Howard trade. I don’t remember you being very vocal about it. I was very loud about and took some heat. The same things I’m seeing Howard do for SEA is what she was doing in Minnesota, just not as many minutes because she didn’t need to be a starter.

zune69 wrote:
Not playing Howard then trading her away was just asinine.........That being said...We won't know who won this trade for another 3-5 years...If minny gets a high enough pick(from Seattle)..they could keep the pick,or flip it for a quality rotation player.

You see, now you’re back to playing both sides of the fence. Was it asinine or we don’t know who won the trade? If the Lynx don’t win a championship in the next two years because they have a poor bench, then they lost the trade. It’s as simple as that. I live for championships, not future draft picks.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/26/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The interesting thing to me is that Howard and Stewart are now playing together as 4 and 5 (or is it 5 and 4) - not the 3 which was suggested as a role Howard could play. But, Storm have now beat 2 teams with bigger 5's so maybe they decided small ball is the way to go with their roster.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 05/26/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="threefrom60"]
SpaceJunkie wrote:

I was afraid Howard was going to be a superstar on another team, and the Lynx would become the first team in WNBA history to lose a trade to the Storm.

June 2008 - Atlanta trades Camille Little to Seattle for a 2009 2nd round pick, which ultimately becomes Shalee Lehning.

How about a trade with Minnesota:

April 15, 2004: The Storm traded the 6th pick in the 2004 Draft and Amanda Lassiter to the Minnesota Lynx in exchange for Sheri Sam and Jannel Burse.

Sheri Sam starts right away for the Storm and Burse plays a key role off the bench for a team that wins a championship that year. The 6th pick becomes Nicole Olhde. Basically this trade, and the dispersal draft pick of Betty Lennox, takes the Storm from a team fighting to sneak into the playoffs to a championship team in one year.

-Lisa

PostPosted: 05/26/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

If the Lynx don’t win a championship in the next two years because they have a poor bench, then they lost the trade. It’s as simple as that. I live for championships, not future draft picks.

But Howard was a non-factor in last years playoffs: 7 games...1.1p/0.9r/20%fg in 5.6 mpg.

You're going with the assumption that Coach Reeve would've played Howard enough minutes to make an impact during the regular season/playoffs...What if the Lynx bench plays great and they don't win the Championship?....What if the Lynx don't win the championship in the next two season,but win 3 out of 5 the following 5 years, with the draft pick they acquired in the Howard deal playing a big role?.... At this point,It's unfair to be overly critical of the Howard trade without seeing the end result….And by no means am I playing both sides of the fence...I'm allowed to change my opinion based on the situation….I’m not in total disagreement with you...Minnesota should've kept Howard...and played her 20+ mpg as R.Brunson’s understudy….But that was before Howard was traded...Minnesota now has the rights to swap picks with Seattle...To Be Continued….Can’t fully judge the Howard trade until we see who Minnesota drafts(Seattle's pick)...and how said player performs.

Championship seasons:
2011 Minnesota
2013 Minnesota
2015 Minnesota
2017 Minnesota

Will Minnesota break their pattern?

Last edited by zune69 on 05/26/18 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/26/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
When Alysha Clark plays well -- and she does a reasonable amount of times -- Seattle's small forward spot is adequate. But when Clark plays poorly -- as happens -- it's a black hole of immense proportions.

It took OT to beat a shaky Chicago team missing its elite point guard, and it's hard to see Seattle competing with the top teams in the league without some kind of fallback when Clark struggles. (And no, more KML is not the answer. 4:18, one missed shot, no rebounds, no assists, no nothing.)

Her career average of shooting 50% from the field and her yearly improvements explain to me its more then reasonable amount of games that she playes well and that she is not the reason why we would lose games.

On the Storm 2010 championship team we had Tanisha Wright and Camille Little as our starters. They did all the little things and they always flew under the radar with MVP LJ and Sue and Swin. But when we lost games they didnt get the blame either so why is there so much focus on Clark when she has 1 bad game.

Im watching the game right now and i wonder how many points of the 23 that Allie scored were actually when she was defended by Clark because right now ive seen her score on Bird, Loyd (2 FT's) and multiple times against Whitcomb but not yet while been defended by Clark who was harassing her.

Bird didnt shoot the ball well either but had 9 assists and only 1 turnover. If Clark plays great defense and does the little things then i dont mind if she has a bad shooting night. If the balance is there..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 05/26/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
This defense by Canada wow

She's good!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/26/18 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just heard during the broadcast that Langhorne is playing limited time because of a bruised rib that she has been dealing with

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/26/18 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
I hope Allie is alright.

Entertaining gm

Just picturing this makes me nervous
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Embarassed

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/26/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
This defense by Canada wow

She's good!
My favorite rookie to watch.

TDAO

PostPosted: 05/26/18 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Just heard during the broadcast that Langhorne is playing limited time because of a bruised rib that she has been dealing with

She suffered the bruised rib during Friday's game.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/27/18 4:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TDAO wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

She suffered the bruised rib during Friday's game.

Thanks for the info. She wasnt on the bench during the end of the 4th quarter and OT against the Sky. So it must be really bothering her. Hopefully she will be oke soon because she can be an effective scorer off the bench for us. But she needs more minutes and touches for that

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/27/18 6:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

The fallbacks are the other styles of lineup. Bird/Canada/Loyd all playing together on the perimeter, or Stewart/Howard/Extra big sliding Stewart to the 3. There are options there besides Clark and seeing if KML can have her one good game in ten.

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I need some one to answer a mathematical question for me. The Sky committed 19 personal fouls and the Storm committed 17 personal fouls. Why did the Storm have 27 free throw attempts to the Sky's only 13 free throw attempts? Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: