40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Sun
60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 30

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i know it's early, but if Cappie isn't going to give them anything, she is taking up a roster spot.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
i know it's early, but if Cappie isn't going to give them anything, she is taking up a roster spot.

her & R. Williams.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

And taking Sims' money...

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Though I'm sure most people want a Sparks-Lynx finals again, this could potentially be a finals preview. Let's see how the Sun do vs. a short handed Sparks team.

I think the only people that want another Sparks/Lynx finals is ESPN. Frankly I’m tired of the Lynx and cant wait til their players start retiring.

+3

That was a great game. I'd rather see Connecticut/Atlanta in the Finals, personally, but if it ended up being Connecticut/LA, I wouldn't mind that at all.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Though I'm sure most people want a Sparks-Lynx finals again, this could potentially be a finals preview. Let's see how the Sun do vs. a short handed Sparks team.

I think the only people that want another Sparks/Lynx finals is ESPN. Frankly I’m tired of the Lynx and cant wait til their players start retiring.

Frankly, I'm tired of the Sparks.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Don't know why she is complaining, she just runs people over and should have fouled out.

agree. There were a couple earlier that looked like O-fouls as well.

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That halftime bit illustrates Augustus' low basketball IQ. Why didn't she foul with one to give? They would have been under 3 sec left. SpaceJunkie can't blame Reeve for that one, other than having Augustus out there guarding Gray in the first place.

I missed the entire game so I missed it. However, I don't know if the Lynx are the stupidest team in WNBA history or not, but I am definitely outraged knowing that the Sun, being a real, legitimite WNBA team, have no problems beating the Sparks, while the Lynx players and coaches probably have to wear diapers during games because they can't stop crapping their pants in fear of the Sparks once they see them on the court.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't be too worried they just ran out of steam Laughing Laughing

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So will Chiney continue to start over J Jones for most of the season?

I doubt it. Jones missed training camp so thats why she is not starting

Miller said Jones isn’t yet in game shape. He said once she is, she’ll be back in the starting rotation. Chiney said she wanted to come off the bench for at least the first half of the season and be worked back in slowly til she got her sea legs back, but it looks like she never had a season ending injury over in China a year and a half ago. Amazing.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yeah, don't care for this "behind the bench commentary". Plus I don't think the coaches like it either.

Which is why I despise watching WNBA games on ESPN. They ALWAYS ruin them with this fucking garbage.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Maybe I'm tired of the Lynx sucking and choking in the playoffs half the time, so I demand the Lynx win at least this year, otherwise they'll be known as the biggest joke of a franchise in history for only winning 4 titles instead of at least 8 like they should've.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 05/24/18 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Enjoy her, it’s her final season. She’s bowing out after this year

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good gm

Suns are a legit team. Courtney William is a baller, JJ is talented for sure & AThomas is a unstoppable force in transition & inside the paint. Chiney is playing good.

Nice try LA but Conn size was too much.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Good gm

Suns are a legit team. Courtney William is a baller, JJ is talented for sure & AThomas is a unstoppable force in transition & inside the paint. Chiney is playing good.

If Candace Plays i think the sparks take this one. I dont think anyone will want to see Connecticut come playoff time though. Legit Contender unlike my team so far.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, legit contender, and IMO the most watchable team in the league too.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Pondexter was +7 with 4 assists in 15 minutes. And actually was the only player for the Sparks with a +.

Who is out there on the waiver wire that’s so much better and that will provide instant impact in a bench role?

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Good gm

If Candace Plays i think the sparks take this one. I dont think anyone will want to see Connecticut come playoff time though. Legit Contender unlike my team so far.
LA couldve taken it without CP but Gray had a couple costly ot. Suns are a better coached team than Dallas.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Pondexter was +7 with 4 assists in 15 minutes. And actually was the only player for the Sparks with a +.

Who is out there on the waiver wire that’s so much better and that will provide instant impact in a bench role?

Im waiting to hear also....

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just shows that the +/- is BS cos it didn't take into account how many buckets she alone gave up on the defensive end as she is too small. Laughing Laughing

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/24/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA post game sucks this season. Oh wait - there's only ONE post player! Hope we have all four posts soon.

~rAf
jap

PostPosted: 05/25/18 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
LA post game sucks this season. Oh wait - there's only ONE post player! Hope we have all four posts soon.

Yes, we really need our missing 6-foot, 4-inch triple towers in a hurry!

PostPosted: 05/25/18 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Just shows that the +/- is BS cos it didn't take into account how many buckets she alone gave up on the defensive end as she is too small. Laughing Laughing
The +/- is a useful stat, but not when taken game to game. There are too many other variables involved out side of the players actual influence Cappie did do better this game. But then she wasn't running the point as much when she was in. I think they picked her up because they didn't want Sims, who is better at the two spot, to play the back up point. You are correct in that she has been weak defensively, especially with their short lineup they are now stuck playing. The sparks in general looked fairly gassed at the end of the game. Because they have been short handed and had to expend more energy defensively to compensate for their lack of height, the starters looked really gassed at the close of the game, so their +/- would have taken a big hit at the end of the game when they hit the wall. I sort of expected this to happen.

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/25/18 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
If Candace Plays i think the sparks take this one. I dont think anyone will want to see Connecticut come playoff time though. Legit Contender unlike my team so far. LA couldve taken it with out CP but Gray had a couple of costly to. Suns are a better coached team than Dallas
Yes she did have two in a row that allowed the Sun to tie the game, but it is really unfair to put the loss on two turnovers. One was a brain freeze type and in the other she was trying to hard to make something happen on her own because players had quite moving. Those turnovers were more noticeable because they were back to back, But generally Gray had a good ball handling game. She only had three and oen was not really a mistake on her part. The turnover she had earlier in the game was because a teammate moved just as she threw her a pass. The teammate was open under the basket and for some strange reason moved to the other side leaving the ball to sail to an open space.

I don't think they could have won this game without another post. Grays two turnovers did not lose them the game. They were only one of many examples of the wheels finally coming off from a short handed team playing a three game road trip without their posts. In the later part of the fourth Quarter they could generate little offense other than outside shots and could not stop the Suns inside game.

In their earlier games they generated inside scoring via ball and player movement. That came to a halt in the fourth quarter when all they did was shoot clock winding down contested outside shots. If you remember they had several shot clock violations and threw up a few desperate last second shots as well. They just ran out of gas. They needed another post both defensively and offensively to realistically have a shot at beating the Suns. When you are this out sized you need to compensate via player movement to get them open offensively and hustle to provide help on defense. When you run out of gas that just does not happen.

jap

PostPosted: 05/25/18 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nneka will light up the sky with the Bat signal for her other ailing Batwoman teammate. Hopefully, Jantel will not be too far behind, and Maria should make her WNBA debut appearance next weekend.

PostPosted: 05/25/18 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
If Candace Plays i think the sparks take this one. I dont think anyone will want to see Connecticut come playoff time though. Legit Contender unlike my team so far. LA couldve taken it with out CP but Gray had a couple of costly to. Suns are a better coached team than Dallas
Yes she did have two in a row that allowed the Sun to tie the game, but it is really unfair to put the loss on two turnovers. One was a brain freeze type and in the other she was trying to hard to make something happen on her own because players had quite moving. Those turnovers were more noticeable because they were back to back, But generally Gray had a good ball handling game. She only had three and oen was not really a mistake on her part. The turnover she had earlier in the game was because a teammate moved just as she threw her a pass. The teammate was open under the basket and for some strange reason moved to the other side leaving the ball to sail to an open space.

I don't think they could have won this game without another post. Grays two turnovers did not lose them the game. They were only one of many examples of the wheels finally coming off from a short handed team playing a three game road trip without their posts. In the later part of the fourth Quarter they could generate little offense other than outside shots and could not stop the Suns inside game.

In their earlier games they generated inside scoring via ball and player movement. That came to a halt in the fourth quarter when all they did was shoot clock winding down contested outside shots. If you remember they had several shot clock violations and threw up a few desperate last second shots as well. They just ran out of gas. They needed another post both defensively and offensively to realistically have a shot at beating the Suns. When you are this out sized you need to compensate via player movement to get them open offensively and hustle to provide help on defense. When you run out of gas that just does not happen.
You're right Gray wasnt the reason they lost they stopped moving on offense like you said because they are tired. I still think they could have won because they were winning even without CP but stopped hitting their shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: