RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

League Pass 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/18/18 5:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, from what I remember you got the Twitter games on League Pass. The only ones you won't get are games blacked out for your local area (which doesn't always work perfectly), games on ESPN, or games that clash in part or in full with ESPN games (that doesn't always work exactly right either). Those games should be available via archive relatively soon after they're finished, and hopefully will only be blocked in the US, if the region blocking works as well as it did last year.

PostPosted: 05/18/18 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got an email today saying I can get a free trial of all League Pass games until May 24, after which your credit card gets charged $16.99 on May 25.
Shades

PostPosted: 05/18/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Got an email today saying I can get a free trial of all League Pass games until May 24, after which your credit card gets charged $16.99 on May 25.

How useful is that if you already know that you want League Pass for the whole season? Are you excited about this offer? I’d rather go with the discount code. I think you have to jump through hoops to get both the free trial and discount.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 05/18/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got an email today with a bunch of discount codes for League Pass but no explanation. I already paid, so I guess I can't use them anyway. I don't mind. I'm supporting the WNBA and everything they support as well. (I try to do at least one good deed every ten years or so.)

I will be happy to sell the promo codes for $10 each. Just send me a PM for my address and then send me some small unmarked bills.

Last edited by Randy on 05/18/18 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/18/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The free trial is obviously a potential value to someone who has never tried League Pass and who is interested in a week of free trial to see how well it works, which can be cancelled before the charge starts. Some streaming services are lousy and people don't want to pay for them before they can try them.

If one KNOWS they are going to subscribe anyway, then the free trial has no real monetary value. I had no discount code that worked.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/18/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, already did my good deed too.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 05/18/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Will league pass show ALL the games or only the ones listed? Last year I believe they showed all the games reguardless of where they were being shown. Some games are listed as being shown on Twitter, as they where last year but I thought they were also shown on league pass.

Last season i could see every game. I expect the same for this season

So could I so I hope it stays the same for this year. I have already auto renewed anyway.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/18/18 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Will league pass show ALL the games or only the ones listed? Last year I believe they showed all the games reguardless of where they were being shown. Some games are listed as being shown on Twitter, as they where last year but I thought they were also shown on league pass.

Last season i could see every game. I expect the same for this season

So could I so I hope it stays the same for this year. I have already auto renewed anyway.

I think she was trying to say no games were blocked for her, unlike for us in the USA.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/18/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess I should have looked at this thread earlier. I missed out on the 5 bucks. No stunner that I did not receive an email from the Liberty about it.

PostPosted: 05/22/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just to finish the saga I got my charge for the year adjusted down to $11.99, only 3 days after the start of the season. It took only 4 emails since I started this thread 6 weeks ago. And no, the trouble was not worth the $5.

Overall I believe the WNBA was more responsive to problems than they have been in the past so that is a positive. But I also believe this was an unforced error on their part, started by sending out an email to STH with a discount that didn't mention that was the basis for the discount. Then, having offered the discount, they didn't follow through. Only after I was actually overcharged did I get the discount. So I will give the WNBA credit for improving their customer service while still believing they have a way to go.

Now I can enjoy the season.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 05/24/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very frustrated with league pass. The chromecast doesn't work, and the Mystics game tonight is blocked! Evil or Very Mad

I am able to watch it on the ESPN app. I don't have cable so I guess they are airing it free.

miller40

PostPosted: 05/24/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
Very frustrated with league pass. The chromecast doesn't work, and the Mystics game tonight is blocked! Evil or Very Mad

Same. My Chromecast only casts from my phone. Which is good, because the game doesn't even load from my tablet.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/24/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:

I am able to watch it on the ESPN app. I don't have cable so I guess they are airing it free.

I just tried through a browser. They ask for a login.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 05/24/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
wnbafan wrote:

I just tried through a browser. They ask for a login.

I think you can create a login without a cable account. I get score notices from my app without being able to watch games. You can also use their game tracker.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Suggests their region-checking system is working the same as last season - I got both games as normal on League Pass. So if you move outside the US you'd be fine Wink.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm on the West Coast and could not get the Mystics - Fever game on League Pass Shocked so went to Watch ESPN and that worked fine. They didn't say it was blacked out, it just didn't let me click on it. WTF.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 05/24/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is getting kind of absurd - I've been able to watch 2 games live so far on LP - with the rest all being blacked out. Mystics/Fever were blacked out for no reason I could see. ESPN3 didn't like my cable provider ATT (even though it did last year.) So - who do I contact for help? ATT? ESPN? WNBA Live Access?

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/24/18 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I'm on the West Coast and could not get the Mystics - Fever game on League Pass :shock: so went to Watch ESPN and that worked fine. They didn't say it was blacked out, it just didn't let me click on it. WTF.

When a game is on the ESPN channels other games in the same time slot will always be on Watch ESPN instead of League Pass.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/25/18 7:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They ought to change the name to League Pass Archive since that is mainly what is used for now.

chapulana

PostPosted: 05/30/18 5:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To those who have acquired LP, do games get a "trimmed" version treatment once they finish, so they last less than what they did in real time?

I once bought the NBA LP and you could watch games on demand that where around 1:30 hours as they removed the commercials and all the crap from them. Does this work like that also for the WNBA LP or are games like 2+ or 2:30+ hours in duration even after they're played and watching on demand?

Given that I don't have much time to expend I would like to be skipping stuff manually to be honest...

Thanks!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/30/18 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chapulana wrote:
To those who have acquired LP, do games get a "trimmed" version treatment once they finish, so they last less than what they did in real time?

In my experience, some of them do, but not all of them. I've definitely watched at least one game this season where the ads were gone in the archive and you pretty much cut from the commentators sending you to break to them welcoming you back. But it's definitely been inconsistent in the past (I've watched most games live this season so don't have that many archived games to work from).

For what it's worth, if you use the bar at the bottom to skip forwards just over two minutes, that's usually pretty consistent for jumping a timeout/ad-break and bringing you back in just before they start again. Also, WNBA games generally fit in a 2hr window even with the crap left in. It's one of the things I always felt TV companies ought to like about this league.

PostPosted: 06/24/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have the fastest internet ever (Alaska), but I've always been able to watch games in full quality smoothly.

Lately I've had constant stutters and skips when I try to watch. I turned down the quality from "best available" but it still will randomly skip a few seconds ahead. I'll see the start of the play, then suddenly the teams are heading the other way and I have to deduce what happened based on the scoreboard. No fun!

Anyone else experience this lately, and is there a fix?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/24/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had some of that lately, even down at 400Kbps, but I was staying somewhere with pretty crappy internet. Coming home to a better connection, using the same laptop, there've been virtually no issues. So I don't have any good answers for you, I'm afraid. For what it's worth, things other than the speed of your internet connection can affect how well streams work. A better machine, or a cabled connection rather than wifi, or upgrading the firmware on your router, could also be worth a try if they're an option. Kill any programs running in the background on your machine or on other tabs as well, to make sure the processing power isn't being used up.

But in general, if it was working fine before, I don't have any good answers to why it wouldn't be working the same now. Someone else in your house developed a Netflix addiction since last season?

PostPosted: 06/24/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mine freezes up sometimes. Usually if I just refresh the page it comes back.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 06/24/18 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Net Neutrality is now ended, so perhaps problems will creep in depending one's service provider.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: