48%  [ 14 ]
Lynx
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 29

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/23/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Hopefully DRob only has this year left on her contract.

She seems to have her speed back, and looked really good on some slashes to the basket, but she just needs to learn to finish again. So many missed layups this year.

PostPosted: 05/23/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Have they played overseas?

They went head to head in a playoff series in China and the times I watched, this is what happened. (and the times I didn't watch, the boxscore suggested that the same thing also happened)

PostPosted: 05/23/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

why do the officials have to have a review to determine when THEY spotted the foul? ugh..this league.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/23/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage & Stevens were only ones who showed up tonight. Rest of the Wings should be embarrassed.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will I live long enough to see a day when WNBA players DO NOT huddle after every stoppage of play? What's being said every.single.time?
"let's go guys, we can do it?" Rolling Eyes #I'mSalty #WingsMissingPlayoffs #WhatElseIsOn? #FireEverybody

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Will I live long enough to see a day when WNBA players DO NOT huddle after every stoppage of play? What's being said every.single.time?
"let's go guys, we can do it?" Rolling Eyes #I'mSalty #WingsMissingPlayoffs #WhatElseIsOn? #FireEverybody

I wonder if that has its roots in volleyball. Teams do that after every point.

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its early im going to give them the benefit of the doubt although Grays Sophmore slump worries me. We need Powers and Johnson back soon. On the bright Side Liz got to See Sylvia & Her Cousin Temi Up Close & Personal. I underestimated sylvia i must say , Liz still ended with a double double so i wont complain about her as much as i will about our Guard play .

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I stopped watching after the first half. Pleasantly surprised to see the Wings got it to single digits.

Great play in the first half when Cambage got a rebound and then gave a long outlet pass to a sprinting Davis for a fast break layup. I think it was a two-handed pass as well.

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 05/23/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at these comments makes me glad that I missed this game. Let me go ahead a delete it off of my DVR lol.
Sidenote: It's early in the season so my Wings still have a lot of time to improve. But my goodness, when they play bad they play BAD.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
Looking at these comments makes me glad that I missed this game. Let me go ahead a delete it off of my DVR lol.
Sidenote: It's early in the season so my Wings still have a lot of time to improve. But my goodness, when they play bad they play BAD.

Buh Buh Buh Buh Badddddd! Bad To The Damn Boneee....Hmm Boneless Wings Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Buh Buh Buh Buh Badddddd! Bad To The Damn Boneee....Hmm Boneless Wings Laughing Laughing

I am back, and I am outraged knowing that the Lynx only won 2 out of 4 quaters, therefore this game basically was a tie. Smile

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 05/23/18 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like same as last season early on- gunning, poor shot selection, little/bad passing and poor leadership/coaching. Too many wannabe stars. Dallas really needs a good strong coach and disciplinary leader. Trainer, educator yes, but a strong leader and disciplined coach no.

Aerial's coming back presents the same dilemma. She's talented and plays hard but she's another gunner who needs discipline. Pass her the ball and it's going up and not coming back.

Too much talent on this team to just piss it away with poor leadership, little structure and inadequate discipline.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/24/18 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Cambage & Stevens were only ones who showed up tonight. Rest of the Wings should be embarrassed.

Thornton did pretty well. Really brought the energy.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 05/24/18 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bj_H9O65jrM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o-Ud9PA4ln8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/24/18 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Thornton did pretty well. Really brought the energy.

I didn't see this game and now I'm not sure I want to. Sounds very ugly.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 05/24/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched part of this game while waiting for the Phoenix/Storm game to start. The Wings did play poorly, however I expect some of that has to do with no being full strength and a determined Lynx team that were still fuming off the loss to the Sparks.

However, the Lynx showed major vulnerability. The Wings, while playing poorly, were down 25 and came back within 4 towards the end. Reeves kept having to put her starters back in and given a few minutes more may have had to do it again at the end.

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/24/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
I watched part of this game while waiting for the Phoenix/Storm game to start. The Wings did play poorly, however I expect some of that has to do with no being full strength and a determined Lynx team that were still fuming off the loss to the Sparks.

However, the Lynx showed major vulnerability. The Wings, while playing poorly, were down 25 and came back within 4 towards the end. Reeves kept having to put her starters back in and given a few minutes more may have had to do it again at the end.

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into that. Reeve was playing a full bench rotation and had taken all of her starters out of the game. Meanwhile, the Wings contjnued to play their starters. The outcome of that was to make the game look a lot closer than it was, but it gave the backups some valuable time out there.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
sportsfan48 wrote:

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into that. Reeve was playing a full bench rotation and had taken all of her starters out of the game. Meanwhile, the Wings contjnued to play their starters. The outcome of that was to make the game look a lot closer than it was, but it gave the backups some valuable time out there.

The game was never in doubt. The Wings comeback made the score look more respectable, but the Lynx dominance was obvious from watching the game.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/24/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Aerial's coming back presents the same dilemma. She's talented and plays hard but she's another gunner who needs discipline. Pass her the ball and it's going up and not coming back.

And this is why I don't like gunners with the starting front court players on the floor at the same time... Imagine running Liz just running up and down the floor with no touches...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: